• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
How rare is ness? I've been out of the amiibo scene for awhile, but I just walked into gamestop and they had one on the shelf.

I'm getting him either way but just curious how lucky I just got today.

LiK

How rare is ness? I've been out of the amiibo scene for awhile, but I just walked into gamestop and they had one on the shelf.

I'm getting him either way but just curious how lucky I just got today.

recently restocked so not as rare as when it came out. it's especially plentiful in Asia atm

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
recently restocked so not as rare as when it came out. it's especially plentiful in Asia atm

Thanks, not as lucky as I originally thought than but I'm still stoked to add him to my collection. I barely missed him during the gamestop web in-store fiasco so it also feels good to make up for that.

Andddd I just realized gamestop put their large-ass sticker on the front of the amiibo box. That might explain it still being on the shelve lol. Oh well, I was planning to open him anyways.

LiK

Thanks, not as lucky as I originally thought than but I'm still stoked to add him to my collection. I barely missed him during the gamestop web in-store fiasco so it also feels good to make up for that.

Andddd I just realized gamestop put their large-ass sticker on the front of the amiibo box. That might explain it still being on the shelve lol. Oh well, I was planning to open him anyways.

I'm glad I held my ground and didn't get suckered into paying $40-50 for him on eBay during the GS fiasco.

Skylanders Superchargers Dark Edition Starter Pack for Wii with Dark Hammer Slam Bowser hybrid-amiibo will be exclusive to Toys R Us in the US.

CKYsez7WcAAE6Xz.jpg

https://twitter.com/ToysRUs/status/623234507190218752
I guess it's a good thing I'm not interested in the Skylanders amiibo. This is ridiculous.

Him, Bowser Jr., and Dr. Mario have been available on Amazon.fr for the last few days. If you order them all together, it comes out to $19 each including shipping to the U.S.
Damn i got hype, no olimar tho so ill just wait it out. Trying to ger dr mario, ganon, jr, and olimar all together so i dont got to pay so much for shipping. Wish you could back order

G0523

So I got in my Dr. Mario amiibo from Amazon UK today, and uhh...that pill is really big!

And the way I have him positioned is that he's standing next to Wii Fit Trainer (like in the roster) so it looks really...awkward.

LiK

So I got in my Dr. Mario amiibo from Amazon UK today, and uhh...that pill is really big!

And the way I have him positioned is that he's standing next to Wii Fit Trainer (like in the roster) so it looks really...awkward.

Nintendo is for the pill.

amazon italy can fuck off, why they so cheap with them amiibos and not wanting to ship them to the US? i hope they choke on them. :mad: also just checked if amazon france had olimar, and still no dice, also they ran out of dr. marios :( cmonnnn stahp france, get them amiibos so i can order them all in 1 bulk

Maengun1

Had some crazy amiibo luck this week!

First my supervisor tells me nothing much is going on at my work at the end of the week and to take Thursday and Friday off. I had previously been scheduled to work during the Palutena event. So this feels meant to be, and I'll be ready tomorrow to go for one.

Then today I'm just randomly browsing in my local Shopko store (basically K-Mart but I'm pretty sure it's only in certain states). This store has never stocked amiibos before. Not any. So imagine my surprise when I see they have finally put up a tiny amiibo section, featuring.... Mario, Link, Yoshi, Pikachu, Zelda, Bowser ....and CHARIZARD! I don't think he's super rare or anything, but I not only didn't have one, I'd never even seen one in person before (that's including in stock online for MRSP).

I can't remember the last time I actually found an amiibo I didn't have on a store shelf for retail price!

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Sheik and toon link got a restock in Australia. My zelda collection is complete
until they bring out more things
. Now just waiting on Dr Mario to arrive in the mail.

Grabbed a few more today. Got Bowser Jr, Little Mac and Ness and a Mario from the SMB set for my nephew. Even as a stand less amiibo Little Mac looks horrible next to all the roundier, cartoonier characters that I have. Not too big on the human ones. Also have Lucina and she looks terrible. Could have stood to be a bit bigger but they're limited to fitting on the disc. My good sense tells me to avoid completing the Fire Emblem set but of course that isn't going to happen.

Sheik and toon link got a restock in Australia. My zelda collection is complete
until they bring out more things
. Now just waiting on Dr Mario to arrive in the mail.

It's kind of funny how easy it is to find everything here. Only one I haven't seen in stock anywhere is Diddy Kong. Oh and Mario now, really should have grabbed that one.

Skylanders Dark Edition for the Wii (TRU exclusive, $99) now available to preorder.

Comes with Dark Hammer Slam Bowser and the Dark Clown Cruiser. Note that the TRU tweet didn't mean there will be a Dark Bowser single pack--this is it.

Yo dawg, I heard you like exclusive amiibo, so I put the rare Wii Dark Pack exclusively at TRU so you can variant while you variant

I am so happy that I could care less about skylander stuff. Even the Amiibo crossovers. Bowser's head on some figure that looks like its from something else has no appeal to me.

I feel really guilty that I'm not coming home to America with 7 amiibo in my bag (just found the villager yesterday). My brother told me that he had bought a little Mac so now we have two. If I was to sell one so my mom doesn't kill me for these amiibo, where would I go?

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
It's kind of funny how easy it is to find everything here. Only one I haven't seen in stock anywhere is Diddy Kong. Oh and Mario now, really should have grabbed that one.
My local target has literally hundreds of amiibos right now. Almost fell over when I saw that wall the other day. Would post a pic but on my phone.

bumpkin

Dr. Mario's got the cure!

Question: Olimar is up for sale on Amazon.fr for a bit over what he retails for, and is selling from a vendor called "Base." Are they generally trustworthy? Seems like it, and they ship to the US, but I thought I'd probe for any anecdotal evidence first.

EDIT: Scratch that, snagged it somewhere else.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The TRU-exclusive Skylanders Superchargers Dark Edition Starter Pack for Wii is up on ToysRUs.com for $99.99.

It's pricey but it's looking like it'll be the only way to get the Dark Hammer Slam Bowser hybrid-amiibo:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=68545586&skuid=21898106

pls

Skylanders Dark Edition for the Wii (TRU exclusive, $99) now available to preorder.

Comes with Dark Hammer Slam Bowser and the Dark Clown Cruiser. Note that the TRU tweet didn't mean there will be a Dark Bowser single pack--this is it.

Yo dawg, I heard you like exclusive amiibo, so I put the rare Wii Dark Pack exclusively at TRU so you can variant while you variant

Is there a difference with Gamestop's shipping options for Pre-Orders? I forgot what they did when I ordered Megaman from them. Do they deliver Pre-Orders by the release date no matter what shipping option you pick? My order is below $25 so I can't use the free shipping option. Wondering if there's a difference.

LiK

Is there a difference with Gamestop's shipping options for Pre-Orders? I forgot what they did when I ordered Megaman from them. Do they deliver Pre-Orders by the release date no matter what shipping option you pick? My order is below $25 so I can't use the free shipping option. Wondering if there's a difference.

No real difference from my experience. I always choose the cheapest and they either arrived early or a bit later. The more expensive shipping options aren't worth it.

Het_Nkik

Anyone have a direct link to the page where Palutena will show up as sold by Amazon so I don't get lost in the jumble of third party sellers?

TheGrue

I'm driving into an area where I'm not sure I'll have reception on my phone come 2PM Pacific. I have a friend I've tasked with doing backup buying. Hopefully the Amiibo gods are with me today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom