• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Full email details:

Thank you for your interest in ordering the new Palutena amiibo! Read on for information on how to get your very own Goddess of Light, available only at Amazon.com.

Palutena will be available for sale at 2:00 p.m. PT on Friday, July 24.

Purchases are limited to 1 per customer, and 1-Click Ordering will be disabled for this item. Please make sure you've updated your credit card and shipping information to help you move quickly through the checkout process.

We have ample quantities of this amiibo, but we still expect to sell out. Please act quickly at 2:00 p.m. PT on Friday for your best chance at buying Palutena. Demand is expected to be very high, and there's no guarantee that she will remain in stock for long.

We're very excited to offer this item exclusively to our customers. Thank you for shopping with us.

~Amazon.com Video Games

By the time all of these come out, we'll have a new Smash game announced and EVEN MORE to buy...we're in it forever guys. Forever.

3ORizZtUhUXFm.gif

Palutena will last .5 secs on Amazon :).........I really hope not though. I want to get my US sealed one if possible!

Yeah they are saying 15 minutes like Charizard but I have a feeling its gonna be like Lucina/Robin..had it refreshing like crazy, never saw it go live even though others said they got one and it was gone

Ridley327

Yeah they are saying 15 minutes like Charizard but I have a feeling its gonna be like Lucina/Robin..had it refreshing like crazy, never saw it go live even though others said they got one and it was gone

I don't think there was ever a scenario where Robin and Lucina wouldn't have had the smallest print runs of any figure in that wave.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, 5 p.m. Pretty sure I should be home. Now I just hope there's no unannounced plans to prevent me from being on my laptop during that time period.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Just make sure to watch the "Buying Options" page, not the product page. That's how I missed out on Lucina. :(

Thanks for the reminder! So dumb they do that but we probably rush the sales before the link even connects on their end :x

HoTHiTTeR

Does anyone from Roseville or Folsom GAF need Marth, WFT, Rosalina or Jiggs? I bought a couple of each, but don't need so many sitting in boxes. PM if wanted. No price gouging; retail.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm now hearing reports that the same retailer that leaked the Splatoon amiibo is saying that the Mewtwo amiibo will be out Oct. 23.

I'm now hearing reports that the same retailer that leaked the Splatoon amiibo is saying that the Mewtwo amiibo will be out Oct. 23.

would make sense seeing as how the European box has falco listed as number 52 when we dont have a number 51 amiibo yet.

DooD1234

Yay, wave 5b came in from Amazon.uk but...
mbWwAGA.jpg

vsBPzte.jpg

szTYzBj.jpg

They came in the worst shape possible. This is a first from Amazon. On the bright side, the amiibo themselves still in good shape besides Bowser Jr where he has a chipped color on one of his spikes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, so was checking the stock at my Meijer & the only change was that they were selling SSB Bowser for $10 instead of $13.

A bunch of Wave 5 has been readily available on foreign Amazons.

whats the best foreign amazon to buy from? want bowser jr but i see that uk and italy don't got him. also from my understanding its better to buy in bulk to negate the shipping cost right? how many do you guys recommend ordering till it evens out more or less

G0523

They came in the worst shape possible. This is a first from Amazon. On the bright side, the amiibo themselves still in good shape besides Bowser Jr where he has a chipped color on one of his spikes.

You should probably contact Amazon UK Support and show them the pictures.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
mbWwAGA.jpg

vsBPzte.jpg

szTYzBj.jpg

nooooooo_elf.gif

Heart goes out to you buddy!

prateeko

mbWwAGA.jpg

vsBPzte.jpg

szTYzBj.jpg

My God. I sure hope you emailed them or got in touch with their customer service somehow. That is categorically unacceptable

DooD1234

My God. I sure hope you emailed them or got in touch with their customer service somehow. That is categorically unacceptable

You should probably contact Amazon UK Support and show them the pictures.
Yeah, I'm letting them know I'm unhappy with the packaging although I'm not sure if I want to exchange them for a new one if I can. Don't exactly want to wait even longer to have them and the amiibos themselves are okay.

kirby_fox

Banned
Sigh. Welp, the likelihood of Palutena for me is gone. Got work on Friday during go time.

And I think that's pretty much where I stop giving a shit. I don't feel like fighting over toys anymore. Maybe I'll go to Best Buy an hour after they open and if they have Dark Pit, great I'll buy one. Maybe I'll go when I wake up because it's Dark Pit.

I'm not even excited for these anymore.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh. Welp, the likelihood of Palutena for me is gone. Got work on Friday during go time.

You don't have someone else (locally) that can click the button for you at that time and then pay them after? If anything, Dark Pit would be a bit harder to obtain since you (or someone else) would actually need to GO there and wait.

Hatchtag

Banned
You don't have someone else (locally) that can click the button for you at that time and then pay them after? If anything, Dark Pit would be a bit harder to obtain since you (or someone else) would actually need to GO there and wait.

Some people's work schedules work better for certain releases. I'm scheduled an hour later than I usually am for some reason on Friday, which is the only reason I can get Palutena when she's out. But I usually can only get Amiibo that are put in stores in the morning, because I never work mornings.

I just got an email that my (already delayed) Pit order from Walmart that I placed on July 10th was cancelled. Did this happen to anyone else? I missed the Gamestop online restock and I was excited to get one on Walmart, only to have it cancelled. I may have to trade for a Pit now.

I just got an email that my (already delayed) Pit order from Walmart that I placed on July 10th was cancelled. Did this happen to anyone else? I missed the Gamestop online restock and I was excited to get one on Walmart, only to have it cancelled. I may have to trade for a Pit now.

Got the same email. Oh well, time to double check billing and shipping information on Amazon. Just a little over 18 hours to go until Palutena!

Him, Bowser Jr., and Dr. Mario have been available on Amazon.fr for the last few days. If you order them all together, it comes out to $19 each including shipping to the U.S.

This is frustrating - I read this post and rushed to Amazon.fr and it looks like they only have Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario. As is typical, Olimar is gone by the time I get there. I really wanted him as well to aggregate my imports.

Piscus

This is frustrating - I read this post and rushed to Amazon.fr and it looks like they only have Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario. As is typical, Olimar is gone by the time I get there. I really wanted him as well to aggregate my imports.
Honestly, while he has popped up, Olimar hasn't been up very often or for very long. Don't beat yourself up... you'll get him.

i just realized, while we are only JUST getting Palutena tomorrow, other regions are already on wave 6. Like wtf

NOA gonna NOA. The rest of the world already has Wooly World while we wait until October. And they will have Devil's Third next month, and again, we'll wait.

kirby_fox

Banned

Not really. Family tends to forget to do things. Friends are busy. These have mostly been just something I do myself. There was a bit of excitement in getting them, opening them.

Writing has been on the wall for me. How these have been handled here makes me care less and less. I don't even want to put in the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom