• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insaniac

Heeeeyy guys, could anyone please fill me in on whats going on with the next wave of amiibo? Is it just Palutena and Dark Pit?

Dark Pit i heard is BB exclusive no pre orders only in store (what a joke)

Whats the deal with Palutena? When is she going up for pre order?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Heeeeyy guys, could anyone please fill me in on whats going on with the next wave of amiibo? Is it just Palutena and Dark Pit?

Palutena ia Amazon exclusive

Why sign up when the information will be made public by AmiiboGAF!

................right?

Imagine a place where Nintendo fans could gather to discuss the newest merchandise. A place where people could share their collections and stores, joy and misery. Too bad no such place exists.

I want Palutena information too, if only to clarify the discrepancy between what Amazon said and what Nintendo's website states. We're all hungry for they new amiibo; madness is setting back in.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, this week is Palutena, then next Friday is Dark Pit. At least we can focus on one exclusive at a time instead of 3 or 4 on the same day.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

a8g1UUq.jpg

one day people will read my OT ;_;

Tyeforce

So, I was checking Nintendo's CPSIA Certificates of Compliance page for updates (I check this regularly to maintain a list of amiibo item numbers as new ones are revealed), and interestingly there's a listing for an unnamed amiibo with the item number of AA3C. The AA means that it must be part of the Super Smash Bros. Series, but the question is, which character? Well, the 3C part may answer that. These amiibo item numbers are always made up entirely of letters, with no actual numbers...with the exception of the Splatoon Inkling Girl / Boy / Squid 3-pack. The 3-pack's item number is AE3A, with the individual amiibo's item numbers being AEAA, AEAB, and AEAC, respectively. So, if we assume that multi-pack amiibo follow this format of keeping the first two letters (which indicate the amiibo type and series), replacing the third letter with the number of amiibo packed together (in this case, 3), and moving the original third letter of the individual amiibo item numbers (for the Splatoon amiibo, that's A) to the fourth place...well, then it's almost certain that this AA3C amiibo refers to a Super Smash Bros. Series Mii Fighter 3-pack (with the individual item numbers for Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter, and Mii Gunner being AACD, AACE, and AACF, respectively, falling right after the third-party characters in order). So yeah, I guess that's a thing.

Additionally, while I personally don't want to disclose how and therefore can't give proof right now, I have reason to believe that this Mii Fighter amiibo 3-pack, plus the Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Ganondorf, and Mario Classic Color amiibo will NOT be retailer exclusive in the U.S. However, it seems that the Bowser Jr. amiibo may be exclusive to Toys "R" Us... I have no info on Dr. Mario, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Duck Hunt, or Mario Classic Color, though (which worries me, as it may mean that most or even all of them are exclusive to different retailers...). Take this with a grain of salt, obviously, as I can't back it up at the moment, but I'm very confident that this information is likely correct. I'm not trying to claim that this is any kind of confirmation, and I don't want to spread misinformation in case this is wrong, but I figured it'd be worth mentioning.

I haven't seen any of this reported anywhere yet, so I assume it's all new info...

Toki767

So, I was checking Nintendo's CPSIA Certificates of Compliance page for updates (I check this regularly to maintain a list of amiibo item numbers as new ones are revealed), and interestingly there's a listing for an unnamed amiibo with the item number of AA3C. The AA means that it must be part of the Super Smash Bros. Series, but the question is, which character? Well, the 3C part may answer that. These amiibo item numbers are always made up entirely of letters, with no actual numbers...with the exception of the Splatoon Inkling Girl / Boy / Squid 3-pack. The 3-pack's item number is AE3A, with the individual amiibo's item numbers being AEAA, AEAB, and AEAC, respectively. So, if we assume that multi-pack amiibo follow this format of keeping the first two letters (which indicate the amiibo type and series), replacing the third letter with the number of amiibo packed together (in this case, 3), and moving the original third letter of the individual amiibo item numbers (for the Splatoon amiibo, that's A) to the fourth place...well, then it's almost certain that this AA3C amiibo refers to a Super Smash Bros. Series Mii Fighter 3-pack (with the individual item numbers for Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter, and Mii Gunner being AACD, AACE, and AACF, respectively, falling right after the third-party characters in order). So yeah, I guess that's a thing.

Additionally, while I personally don't want to disclose how and therefore can't give proof right now, I have reason to believe that this Mii Fighter amiibo 3-pack, plus the Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Ganondorf, and Mario Classic Color amiibo will NOT be retailer exclusive in the U.S. However, it seems that the Bowser Jr. amiibo may be exclusive to Toys "R" Us... I have no info on Dr. Mario, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Duck Hunt, or Mario Classic Color, though (which worries me, as it may mean that most or even all of them are exclusive to different retailers...). Take this with a grain of salt, obviously, as I can't back it up at the moment, but I'm very confident that this information is likely correct.

I haven't seen any of this reported anywhere yet, so I assume it's all new info...

We all basically already knew that Dark Pit, Palutena, Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., and blue yarn Yoshi would be a retailer exclusive as the amiibo units don't list them as coming soon. Been that way since May.

I'd have to imagine that every retailer will have an exclusive in September with the Smash series coming to an end.

Tyeforce

We all basically already knew that Dark Pit, Palutena, Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., and blue yarn Yoshi would be a retailer exclusive as the amiibo units don't list them as coming soon. Been that way since May.

I'd have to imagine that every retailer will have an exclusive in September with the Smash series coming to an end.
Ah, I wasn't aware of this. What do you mean by amiibo units, though? What's that?

Also, I really, REALLY hope that there will be multiple release dates for all of these exclusives... GameStop, Toys "R" Us, and Best Buy all open at the same time, and unlike wave 3, there are no preorders this time around, so basically we're screwed if they all release on the same day.

Toki767

Ah, I wasn't aware of this. What do you mean by amiibo units, though? What's that?

Also, I really, REALLY hope that there will be multiple release dates for all of these exclusives... GameStop, Toys "R" Us, and Best Buy all open at the same time, and unlike wave 3, there are no preorders this time around, so basically we're screwed if they all release on the same day.

Every store has an interactive amiibo display. If you mess around the the display unit, you can see a list of coming soon amiibo.

Tyeforce

Every store has an interactive amiibo display. If you mess around the the display unit, you can see a list of coming soon amiibo.
Oooh, those, okay. I didn't even think about that, lol. I did find it odd that only a few of the upcoming amiibo were shown.

Josh5890

Unfortunately we are not near the end. Falco and the DLC characters haven't been announced yet. Plus there are more characters coming with the smash ballot.

Smash amiibos are going to be around for a little longer

Tyeforce

Unfortunately we are not near the end. Falco and the DLC characters haven't been announced yet. Plus there are more characters coming with the smash ballot.

It can't be anywhere near as bad as it has been, though! September will be the last big release of Smash Bros. amiibo. After that we only have Falco and Mewtwo later this year, and the other DLC characters sometime next year. We're never going to have 11 characters releasing at the same time again like this. Of course, that doesn't mean there won't still be retailer exclusives...but getting a complete wave will be a lot easier. Ugh, I'm not looking forward to September at all...

prateeko

I mean, Blue Yoshi HAS to be a Best Buy exclusive, right?

Although I guess TRU does match up color wise also...

Drago

Hard to believe that the end is in sight though.

Can't imagine I'll be buying nearly as many amiibos once the Smash series ends. Not gonna say I'm completely done because all it takes is one announcement to draw me back in (see: Splatoon, Yarn Yoshi and Chibi Robo) but Smash already covered most Nintendo series so I feel pretty set. None of the other announced amiibo interest me too much tbh, though I'm sure I'll end up with an 8bit Mario and a K.K. Slider somehow.

zulux21

Hard to believe that the end is in sight though.

announcing assist trophy amiibos. use these to unlock alternate versions of assist trophys.
announcing trophy amiibos. use these to unlock alternate versions of the in game trophies.

announcing the smash brothers expansion that adds 6 more characters and over 200 more trophies to the game.

Velcro Fly

Once smash ends I'm not sure what I'll do as far as amiibo go.

It will depend on who they are. The AC figures all look really good. I definitely want to get some card packs too.

But like Starfox stuff wouldn't interest me.

I mean they barely have any games coming in 2016 so who knows about amiibo.

I'm even warming up to the idea of not caring too much about the Chibi Robo amiibo and just enjoying the game.

But I want the whole Smash set. I've come this far. I feel like the worst is likely over and that NoA is working towards fixing things even if it takes months.

zulux21

Once smash ends I'm not sure what I'll do as far as amiibo go.

It will depend on who they are. The AC figures all look really good. I definitely want to get some card packs too.

But like Starfox stuff wouldn't interest me.

I mean they barely have any games coming in 2016 so who knows about amiibo.

I'm even warming up to the idea of not caring too much about the Chibi Robo amiibo and just enjoying the game.

But I want the whole Smash set. I've come this far. I feel like the worst is likely over and that NoA is working towards fixing things even if it takes months.

If I am nintendo I keep the amiibo train rolling on the NX.

I design a number of games to take advantage of amiibos such as a skylanders/disney inifinity knock off, a nintendo party game, do a unique platformer where each character not only adds like 5 new stages to the game (likely f2p with 5 free mario stages to start with but expand with all the other amiibo), but all have somewhat unique styles of play.

I make a hyrule warriors 2, and make sure the entire cast has amiibos.
I make sure that a good number of characters from the new zelda game have amiibos.

I also likely start to only have amiibo releases 2 times a year, spring and holiday time and time my big game releases around them.

What I wouldn't do is make a bunch of color variants. Though I would make sure that if a female version existed in a game that the female version would also get a figure release (looking at you robin) as waifu power is strong.

kirby_fox

Banned
If you all think the end is near for Smash...even after the initial characters (51) we have all the DLC characters (+4) and then the unannounced DLC incoming (who knows?).

And then the alts can start.

Male Wii Fit Trainer
Female Villager
Female Robin
All of the Koopa Kids
Alph

By the time all of these come out, we'll have a new Smash game announced and EVEN MORE to buy...we're in it forever guys. Forever.

Josh5890

The good thing is that (hopefully) Nintendo is letting most of their games have only a few amiibos (Yarn Yoshi, Chibi-Robo, and Splatoon). There are a couple games (Mario Party and Animal Crossing) that have 8. No game is going to have nearly as many amiibos as Smash.

As for me, I'm all in on the Animal Crossing. My gut is that the cards and figures are going to be usable for the next Animal Crossing game on the NX. I don't know how much I'm going to spend on cards but I'm betting that the internet will help me trade to get the cards I need.

Yarn Yoshi I'm in, if only for my girlfriend's love of Yoshi.

Star Fox is a guarantee since I've been waiting for the game for a long time.

So yea, I'm on the amiibo train for a while. I'm not touching Skylanders though.

If you all think the end is near for Smash...even after the initial characters (51) we have all the DLC characters (+4) and then the unannounced DLC incoming (who knows?).

And then the alts can start.

Male Wii Fit Trainer
Female Villager
Female Robin
All of the Koopa Kids
Alph

By the time all of these come out, we'll have a new Smash game announced and EVEN MORE to buy...we're in it forever guys. Forever.

i highly doubt we will get alt and on the topic of dlc characters unless they shrink the icon down or add a second character select screen page (which i doubt they would do) there is only room for 2 more characters or 6 if they decide to slide everything to the edge of the screen.

i highly doubt we will get alt and on the topic of dlc characters unless they shrink the icon down or add a second character select screen page (which i doubt they would do) there is only room for 2 more characters or 6 if they decide to slide everything to the edge of the screen.

Wasn't a "next page" icon for the character select screen found in the 3DS versions files?

And I doubt they would impose a hard limit based solely off of what fits on the CSS anyway.

Hatchtag

Banned

Slots don't matter, there's files for a next page icon in both versions (though they'll probably just shrink icons down).

Wasn't a "next page" icon for the character select screen found in the 3DS versions files?

And I doubt they would impose a hard limit based solely off of what fits on the CSS anyway.

yes it was they need it anyway since the 3ds character screen is full with all the dlc out right now so anymore would need a whole new screen to pick from where as the wii u screen still has plenty of room on the screen for characters atleast 6 spaces without making a new screen but i doubt we are getting alot more characters i see one more (wolf) then the smash ballot character winner.

So has anyone gotten details about the Palutena order process from amazon? Thought that they mentioned that they would email people who signed up for it about it.

Velcro Fly

Got all three Yarn Yoshis for about $42 total from amazon jp. For some reason when I checked this morning they were all 1673 yen as opposed to the 1944 yen MSRP.

Going to combine them with my 5B preorders and have an amiibo getting party in early August.

1up

Hopefully we get some details on the Mario Maker bundle today since Nintendo Europe is pushing out info.

NoA needs to make $$$$$ from the flop known as wii u so i really bet we are getting alt colors

this is from me seeing base set 2 pokemon cards as a kid

amiibo train not stopping anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom