• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, can't hear you over the savings I've saved from not importing.

r5lDz3d.jpg

zroid

Banned
I like the translucent parts on the figure. you don't really see stuff like that on other amiibo. makes palutena seem unique.

My local Meijers put all the Bowsers on 50% clearance. At $6.50 it's hard to say no.

Between this and the Gamestop used sale it's kinda cool to fill out my collection with commons I somewhat wanted, but didn't want to buy at full price. Now if only Zelda would go on sale...

I like the translucent parts on the figure. you don't really see stuff like that on other amiibo. makes palutena seem unique.
Yeah I think Palutena looks good overall, despite the hands. That said, I wish they chose the best dress instead of plain white.
palutena4.jpg

i-Jest

Anyone here have any suggestions on cabinet lighting solutions for one of the besta ikea displays? I'm trying to find something and having no luck, makes it hard to make the display look cool right now.

I currently own every Amiibo released in the US, US variants and all, so it's not impossible for now :p

Your gonna need a new display when Nintendo decides to pimp out the Yarn Yoshi color variants.

I'm running out of space for my Amiibos. I was using the Walmart spice rack setup that someone recommended ages ago, and with only 3 rows, and barely able to get 4 on a row (three comfortably), I'm losing space fast. I.... why am I collecting these again?

I'm running out of space for my Amiibos. I was using the Walmart spice rack setup that someone recommended ages ago, and with only 3 rows, and barely able to get 4 on a row (three comfortably), I'm losing space fast. I.... why am I collecting these again?

You're planning for your future. It's like buying stocks.

Koppai

I have all of the currently released Amiibo in the US plus the 3 Yarn Yoshi. Can't wait to finish getting them all x.x (fuck the amiibo cards though)

D-Man

Finally got my Palutena today and she looks great. I was kinda worried that her box would be a bit banged up since the Amazon box was kinda small, but it was fine. Very happy with the way she came out.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys is it sad that I'm going on a trip and I found a Best Buy near my hotel for Friday? :x

(How busy do the Best Buys in LA area get? >_>)

Garlador

I still have them all in boxes... Almost have the whole set. I was going to open them all up once I get a good display case for them all.

... I'm still trying to figure that out. IKEA's Detolf's I keep hearing are the best bang for the buck, but I don't live near one. I guess I could always try and make one.

It just doesn't feel right having them all stuck in their packaging, but I don't want them just propped on my dresser collecting dust.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, Palutena arrived safely. Though she seems like she's leaning a bit to her right...It's hard to tell, it's just enough that it LOOKS like she is, but at the same time, it also looks fine.

Edit: BB flyer says "minimum of 8 per store in Michigan & Ohio" for Dark Pit. Well that seems a bit low...

D-Stubbs

Got my Palutena in the mail today! Came packaged nice and she looks good. Now to get Dark Pit on Friday. Debating on what time to go wait in line. I should call and see how many they're getting in. I've heard Dark Pit is supposed to be decently stocked so we'll see.

I caved. I imported Jigglypuff. Only $15 on amazon with prime shipping, though. The only amiibo I paid over retail for (sitting at 30ish so far)

Still need to find a Rosalina.

shuraiya

I caved. I imported Jigglypuff. Only $15 on amazon with prime shipping, though. The only amiibo I paid over retail for (sitting at 30ish so far)

Still need to find a Rosalina.

Can it really be called caving if you picked it up cheaper than some on here did at target after shipping?

Samaritan

Walked into my local Best Buy this morning to take advantage of the Project CARS discount and figured I'd wander over to the Amiibo section for the heck of it. Look who I found just sitting on the shelf, all casual-like:

mi2176C.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/Nintendo_World/status/626452148906147840

Nintendo World Store has some rare Amiibo in stock. I'm on line right now, hoping to get Little Mac and Pit.

EDIT: got em! They also have Charizard and Ness in stock as well.
Nice!

Walked into my local Best Buy this morning to take advantage of the Project CARS discount and figured I'd wander over to the Amiibo section for the heck of it. Look who I found just sitting on the shelf, all casual-like:
What!

Samaritan

I wasn't able to buy it, of course, but that didn't stop me from trying. Went to the register and the SKU didn't even show up in their system. Everyone was extremely clueless about the release date for Dark Pit, but it became pretty apparent I wasn't going to be able to walk out of the store with it. Had to try though!

shuraiya

I wasn't able to buy it, of course, but that didn't stop me from trying. Went to the register and the SKU didn't even show up in their system. Everyone was extremely clueless about the release date for Dark Pit, but it became pretty apparent I wasn't going to be able to walk out of the store with it. Had to try though!

If I found that, I would definitely hide it till Friday.

Josh5890

Well I'm glad that the system prevents sales of the product before Friday.

Can it really be called caving if you picked it up cheaper than some on here did at target after shipping?
More that I bought my first non-us one

Also had my first casualty today. My son knocked my toon link off the shelf and it snapped off the base. Hopefully I can get it to glue OK.

I am sad Amiibo-Gaf.

I will be out of town, and will not be able to go to Best Buy Friday morning.

I guess its a good thing Amiibos are usually selling for only $20 each now!

My Palutena amiibo has arrived!

3c3f55d8e674df131132cb1f7894d797.jpg

f43616f431de011fa9385c8f5588ebcc.jpg

Funny thing, it was raining hard along with sounds of thunder in the afternoon. Just as the weather was beginning to clear up, the delivery truck arrives. They don't call Palutena the goddess of light for nothing.

LycanXIII

Anyone here have any suggestions on cabinet lighting solutions for one of the besta ikea displays? I'm trying to find something and having no luck, makes it hard to make the display look cool right now.

I currently own every Amiibo released in the US, US variants and all, so it's not impossible for now :p

Where are the variants at?

some dark pit stock numbers for my fellow michigan hunters

476 Jackson MI - 39 Dark Pit

841 Brighton MI - 39 Dark Pit

412 Bloomfield Hills MI - 20 Dark pit

415 Port Huron MI 20 Dark Pit

949 Rochester Hills 39 Dark Pit

1095 Chesterfield MI 39 Dark Pit

Following stores showed about 40 each inbound as of last night

401 Westland MI

403 Southfield MI

404 Taylor MI

408 Ann Arbor MI

410 Dearborn MI

417 Novi MI

402 Utica MI

405 Saginaw MI

407 Gratiot MI

411 Flint MI

449 Auburn Hills MI

897 Farmington Hills MI

1406 Allen Park

nubcake

Neo Member

For your sake I hope you went and hid it in a refrigerator for tomorrow ;)

Velcro Fly

So glad I imported Dark Pit

I'm battling an infection right now that makes it really difficult to get around. Sitting, standing, and walking are difficult right now due to pain. The infection itself drains me of much energy so I've just been sorta sitting around and sleeping the past few days. I would definitely have missed out had I waited. I would have definitely been awake in time to camp out though.

Good luck to everyone going tomorrow. Look forward to hearing some good things and some fun stories!

mariodad

Neo Member
Can someone tell me how many dark pits my store will get? I've called several times and they won't give me any indication and I'd like to have some clue to arrive early enough. It's address 210 WHITTAKERS TRACE
WILLIAMSBURG, VA 23185. I appreciate it. I also have a palutena that I got with a semi crushed bubble that I'm willing to sell to an opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom