• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was thinking $5 as well, so $30 for the whole set + tax.

There's another Hot Wheel I wanna get, "The Homer" from that one Simpsons episode, but I'd rather get these first.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
They'll probably be $4.99 each, as that's what RealRiders usually retail for due to actual metal and rubber tires.

I collect Hot Wheels too. help

I've heard that Hot Wheels scalpers suck too :/ To get rares people go through the new sets right when they come in. I used to sell to a few Hot Wheels fans (all middle aged guys). Don't think they scalped though.

Either way, good luck :x Amiibos are bad enough.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
HOT WHEELS INFINITY DIMENSIONS SUPERCHARGED.

NOW HOT WHEELS IS IN THE AMIIBO BUSINESS! Scan different cars to drive them around and race against others!!

GET YOUR SUPER ULTRA MEGA TURBO LIMITED EDITION MARIO KART/HOT WHEELS AMIIBO, available only as a New 3DS XL Bundle sold exclusively at Best Buy on Black Friday.

kirby_fox

Banned
HOT WHEELS INFINITY DIMENSIONS SUPERCHARGED.

NOW HOT WHEELS IS IN THE AMIIBO BUSINESS! Scan different cars to drive them around and race against others!!

GET YOUR SUPER ULTRA MEGA TURBO LIMITED EDITION MARIO KART/HOT WHEELS AMIIBO, available only as a New 3DS XL Bundle sold exclusively at Best Buy on Black Friday.

Stop. Don't give them ideas.

Toki767

Amazon knows lol

uTaL8Uc.png

I've had a few amiibos for a while, but I only recently got into collecting them more heavily (I'm fucking hooked). I'm up to 26 so far. I live in the UK, and it's definitely become easier to track them down. They're being restocked online with relative frequency (Nintendo's own store just recently had a restock of nearly every single one), you can find a good variety in stores, and if you shop around online, you can find pretty much anything else you need.

Are things still bad in the US? I know you have to deal with a lot of retailer-exclusive bullshit, which is thankfully something we've been spared.

LiK

Wow, Amazon Italy just replied to me about my damaged amiibo and straight up refunded me cuz it's OOS. They said there's no need to return it because shipping fees would be too high. Amazing customer service even in EU.

KitSnicket

Neo Member
So, my palutena from Amazon never came. I requested a replacement, but no surprise that's not possible, so refund it is I guess. Luckily I was able to get a backup, but it was still surprising from Amazon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like I should get Palutena tomorrow as she's in transit to my local post office as of 2 hours ago. Shame I can't go there after class & get her.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon DE Wave 5B is here! Feels good. Mine are all perfect. Gotta get that Retro Trio locked in and Famirob and I'll be done with Wave 6! (Mii Fighter Trio locked on DE--gotta get an extra Gunner for the Diggehmiibo)

I also can't remember if I posted these in all the madness, but I got my Amazon IT Yarnmiibo before Comic-Con started.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, that is tempting. I've got all NA in box now though! Maybe I give up on that dream. Make life less stressful.

Or I just buy one on ebay...

I gave up on NA after the Wave 4 nonsense. Already have all of overseas Wave 5A & 5B, all the Yarnmiibo, and the Mii Fighter Trio locked in. Join the winning team.

Ls0QFOr.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Despite opening them, I kind of prefer US packaging for consistancy & the fact there's a bit of satisfaction knowing you were able to get an US version without taking the "easy" (if not more expensive) way of importing.

I try to keep importing as a very last resort.

Damn, im sorry to hear people got their things from amazon bent up. Mine came in a nice sized box and was completely sealed with those air bubble things. i've never seen a more pristine box.
He says as he tears it open

Still trying to figure out what of the two EU Palus my two friends want and the NA one i just got. I dont care, im opening anyways, but both of them are huge Palutena fans and have a bunch of them already lmao

Famicon ROB hasnt gone up anywhere yet, right? Im afraid that one in particular will be crazy not only because the Japanese one is different, but because ours is different. Do we know if like EU and the like will be getting the NES styled one?

Nintendo better not release everything on the 11th. Jet Fuel cant melt my steel dreams

Bladelaw

Apologies if this is the wrong thread but would a US MIB Ness be a fair trade for the same Marth?

I managed to find a Ness at my local GameStop and after I picked my jaw up off the floor I snagged it hoping to get the Amiibo I really want.

He's not really separated. I placed the amiibo from left to right and since I only place 9 amiibo in a row before moving down to the next, Pit (being the main character in his series) was displayed first but was 9th on the row so the others were placed on the next row.

You can also see Greninja isn't with the other Pokemon, either. It's just circumstance.

Switch the four Fire Emblem characters with Pikachu, Charizard, Jiggly, and Lucario and all Pokemon will be together. Then just move Villager or WFT to Pit's spot and shift over everyone in the row below to let Pit be in front of the two other KI characters.

Sorry, my OCD just has to figure this puzzle out. >_<

Toki767

Apologies if this is the wrong thread but would a US MIB Ness be a fair trade for the same Marth?

I managed to find a Ness at my local GameStop and after I picked my jaw up off the floor I snagged it hoping to get the Amiibo I really want.

Ness is basically common now.

goldenpp72

Anyone here have any suggestions on cabinet lighting solutions for one of the besta ikea displays? I'm trying to find something and having no luck, makes it hard to make the display look cool right now.

I currently own every Amiibo released in the US, US variants and all, so it's not impossible for now :p

Well just got Palutena in mail from amazon so thats 18 Amiibo! Kinda bad paint job near leg and of course I has large hand but overall good quality.

Will post a full list and picture soon of all they Amiibo.

Just wanted to quickly ask: Is anyone else's Palutena Amiibo's shield hand kinda loose? I can move mine back and forth by quite a bit. With the large hand it doubles as looking extra broken. Hope it doesn't break. :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll retake a pic next week, but after Palutena tomorrow & then Dark Pit and Sheik next week, I'm gonna need a bigger shelf for my amiibo. I should be at 29 amiibo now and the shelf is getting crowded, especially since I want to keep franchises together and my "favorites" in the front.

I'll retake a pic next week, but after Palutena tomorrow & then Dark Pit and Sheik next week, I'm gonna need a bigger shelf for my amiibo. I should be at 29 amiibo now and the shelf is getting crowded, especially since I want to keep franchises together and my "favorites" in the front.

Check out the custom I posted just above!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom