• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulfric

Whew, apparently 55 Dark Pits at both Best Buys near my house. Crossing my fingers and hope there will be a few left at noon tomorrow. If not, I can cheer myself up with a copy of Bayonetta 2.

Piscus

Thanks, dig! Quick questions as I sign up for amazon jp and tenso: is my billing address for amazon jp the tenso address, or my actual US billing address? And what shipping option would be best choice from tenso to my house?

edit: the shipping estimation from tenso seems pretty high for one amiibo. anyone have any experience? what's worked best for you in the past?

sorry to be a bother, most of my importing comes from Europe so Japan importing is new to me...

So my Palutena arrived in the mail and amazon bent the top part of the cardboard or whatever - the area above the box. Should I complain to them or are they not going to do anything about it?

Also she has a lean and her staff is completely bent. :(

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Friend and I are hitting Best Buy at 9am, an hour before they open for Dark Pit.

I have all of the other US Amiibos, but I'm not waiting outside longer than that for a $13 figure. Hoping that's enough - what time is everyone else arriving?

Chucker

I'm leaving my house around 8 I guess. If that's not early enough to get Dark Pit, so be it.

Wonder if I'll run into King Douche Meta Knight scalper at the scene of the crime like last time.

Thanks a bunch for this! I'll be able to hit two of those tomorrow so here's hoping I can nab one at least.

Your welcome and good luck i cant join you guys got my brothers wedding tomorrow which is also why i imported my dark pit a while ago. Good luck fellow Michigan hunter!

kirby_fox

Banned
Friend and I are hitting Best Buy at 9am, an hour before they open for Dark Pit.

I have all of the other US Amiibos, but I'm not waiting outside longer than that for a $13 figure. Hoping that's enough - what time is everyone else arriving?

They open at 10?

I'll get there like...10:30. Maybe earlier if I'm awake. Maybe later if I don't wake up. I've been surprisingly lucky, and I have no qualms about missing Dark Pit. I'm pretty sure most people around here aren't getting all of them, and there's not a huge following for him compared to a character like Ness.

And hell, had I actually gone to GameStop instead of going to the grocery store I would have had Ness after waiting 5 minutes for it to open.

willizle02

Neo Member
Thanks, dig! Quick questions as I sign up for amazon jp and tenso: is my billing address for amazon jp the tenso address, or my actual US billing address? And what shipping option would be best choice from tenso to my house?

edit: the shipping estimation from tenso seems pretty high for one amiibo. anyone have any experience? what's worked best for you in the past?

sorry to be a bother, most of my importing comes from Europe so Japan importing is new to me...

Yeah unfortunately, individual items tend to cost a lot when shipped alone, so I recommend buying a few thing and have them package them together and ship in one. The additional items only add about $3-4.

Chindogg

some dark pit stock numbers for my fellow michigan hunters

476 Jackson MI - 39 Dark Pit

841 Brighton MI - 39 Dark Pit

412 Bloomfield Hills MI - 20 Dark pit

415 Port Huron MI 20 Dark Pit

949 Rochester Hills 39 Dark Pit

1095 Chesterfield MI 39 Dark Pit

Following stores showed about 40 each inbound as of last night

401 Westland MI

403 Southfield MI

404 Taylor MI

408 Ann Arbor MI

410 Dearborn MI

417 Novi MI

402 Utica MI

405 Saginaw MI

407 Gratiot MI

411 Flint MI

449 Auburn Hills MI

897 Farmington Hills MI

1406 Allen Park

I swung by the Flint store last night. They stated they had "several dozen" so here's hoping!

I'll probably head out there around 9am.

Taichu

Seems like the Dark Pit should have a decent amount of stock. Could a kind member of the community pick up an extra one for me while I'm at work? =(

Piscus

I salute you, champs. Good luck today. I'll be checking in on your travails and successes periodically here at work. My heart goes out to each of you.

KeigoNiwa

Are you fucking serious? guess i'm going to mine at least 2 hours early after all =/
To be fair, I am making the assumption that every body I see is buying one. But I'm sure there are a least a few instances of parent and child here, at least on my line.

What's fun is that I work at gamestop, and I see a bunch of my regulars here too, so it's cool to hang out with them outside the work setting :)

1up

To be fair, I am making the assumption that every body I see is buying one. But I'm sure there are a least a few instances of parent and child here, at least on my line.

What's fun is that I work at gamestop, and I see a bunch of my regulars here too, so it's cool to hang out with them outside the work setting :)

Where are you located?

::EDIT:: I'm just going on my break at work, if I dont get him I'll just import him when I get back to my desk.

KeigoNiwa

Where are you located?
Bestbuy in Woodland Park/Little Falls/West Paterson, NJ
This town calls itself a lot of things, I always get confused haha

EDIT: for example, I just looked it up online, this location is the west Paterson best buy, but the address reads woodland park lol

1up

Bestbuy in Woodland Park/Little Falls/West Paterson, NJ
This town calls itself a lot of things, I always get confused haha

EDIT: for example, I just looked it up online, this location is the west Paterson best buy, but the address reads woodland park lol

Damn I'm in Mt Laurel NJ. Oh well. Got that amazon import in my cart lol.

sphinx

the piano man
couple of questions for those of you importing:

.- what is the cheapest you can get a single amiibo buying from an international amazon store.

.- how long does it take to arrive to your door in the US or Canada?

.- from older waves, what's still hard to come by? are Little Mac and Rosalina still unicorns? what amiibos are still retaining scalping prices inspite of japanese import stores making prices more accesible?

Koppai

Most of the stores in my area are getting 55 each which is the biggest we have ever received for one amiibo. Now I jist need to find them cuz they aint on the shelf :x

Only 1 guy in line at my closest store. I've been doing this lining up bullshit in my area since day 1 and to see so few people waiting is bizarre.

Piscus

What time is it where you're at, for people lining already up? I'm assuming it's East coast, lining up at 5:40am PST sounds insane...

I never found out how many my stores have, I don't work too far from a best buy, but I just don't know if it is worth driving the 15 minutes to the store just to find out they have 80 people in line.

Arthos

I got in line at 8 EST and I'm 23rd in line. Someone managed to get stock numbers yesterday and they said they got a little over 40.

This heat sucks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay for having my friend in another state handling getting Dark Pit for me. I'm still bummed that he wasn't available online.

Koppai

I want to point out that these people are your competition, and that any friendly idle chatter is just to lower your defenses and competitive spirit. No mercy, only Amiibo.
I work at Best Buy though, just an observation. Remember guys 1 per person. They might restrict them and not even have it on thr floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom