• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantis23

Thank you my friend! Looks like we are in good shape.

some dark pit stock numbers for my fellow michigan hunters

476 Jackson MI - 39 Dark Pit

841 Brighton MI - 39 Dark Pit

412 Bloomfield Hills MI - 20 Dark pit

415 Port Huron MI 20 Dark Pit

949 Rochester Hills 39 Dark Pit

1095 Chesterfield MI 39 Dark Pit

Following stores showed about 40 each inbound as of last night

401 Westland MI

403 Southfield MI

404 Taylor MI

408 Ann Arbor MI

410 Dearborn MI

417 Novi MI

402 Utica MI

405 Saginaw MI

407 Gratiot MI

411 Flint MI

449 Auburn Hills MI

897 Farmington Hills MI

1406 Allen Park

prateeko

How early should I get to BB? Tomorrow is the first time I'll be out Amiibo hunting in person on a launch day (actually don't have work!) and have no idea what to expect.

georly

How early should I get to BB? Tomorrow is the first time I'll be out Amiibo hunting in person on a launch day (actually don't have work!) and have no idea what to expect.

Depends on where you live, but i'd say (based on stock so far) 2+ hours to be safe.

I am sad Amiibo-Gaf.

I will be out of town, and will not be able to go to Best Buy Friday morning.

I guess its a good thing Amiibos are usually selling for only $20 each now!
I plan to get there like three hours early. I was first in line when I did this for Rosalina back in February, but the Amiibo scene is far crazier now than it was then, so I expect some people to be there already at that point.

Welp, I'm boned. First time I'm going to have to pay over retail for an Amiibo.

If someone winds up with an extra Dark Pit and wants to sell it to an amiibro for cost + shipping, let me know. I can't get off of work tomorrow.

EDIT: I could also trade, if that's your bag.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to just import Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus rather than hassle with whatever mess it ends up being in NA.

Those are the last two I want out of the released and announced ones. Not really any other characters I'd really want other than maybe more Zelda stuff like Tingle or something. Baring of course something like what happened with Splatoon with cool new characters with nice Amiibos and worthwhile in game unlocks.

Welp. Guy at my local BestBuy wouldn't even tell me if they had any Dark Pits to sell at tomorrow or not. So that's fun.

Anyone that can look that shit up? :3

401 Westland MI

403 Southfield MI

404 Taylor MI

408 Ann Arbor MI

410 Dearborn MI

417 Novi MI

402 Utica MI

405 Saginaw MI

407 Gratiot MI

411 Flint MI

449 Auburn Hills MI

897 Farmington Hills MI

1406 Allen Park

This makes me feel a little better. I won't be able to hit the Ann Arbor line until 7:30am or so. Hopefully there aren't more than 39 people in line before I get there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Scan Villager in AC: Happy Home Designer to get a trophy:

CLLMgkvUAAAPitV.png

401 Westland MI

403 Southfield MI

404 Taylor MI

408 Ann Arbor MI

410 Dearborn MI

417 Novi MI

402 Utica MI

405 Saginaw MI

407 Gratiot MI

411 Flint MI

449 Auburn Hills MI

897 Farmington Hills MI

1406 Allen Park

Can you check for portage mi, 49009? Thanks

Ibuki

Banned
I love the thrill of the chase going out amiibo hunting, but I think I might just import Dark Pit to save myself the heartbreak if I can't get one.

Sushigod7

Anyone in the Orlando area heading out? I may try the last wave my Best Buy go hardly any stock wondering how different this will be.

In the comments another employee said it's for an unannounced exclusive 3-pack. They were quick to delete the first post about it in r/amiibo, so who knows.

Wait, is there something going on this Monday at GameStop?

Been watching the CPSIA page.

There was already a listing for AA3C
http://cpsia.nintendo.com/102248/102248.pdf

Now there's another mystery, AA3D
http://cpsia.nintendo.com/102251/102251.pdf

Both were MF'D in July in Shenzhen City alongside Chibi Robo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
In the comments another employee said it's for an unannounced exclusive 3-pack. They were quick to delete the first post about it in r/amiibo, so who knows.
Ness, Shulk, & 3rd GameSttop exclusive.

....or Mario, Silver Mario, & Gold Mario. With exclusive Bronze Mario.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kirby, Dedede, & Me....no, he's exclusive.

Pit, Dark Pit, a.......no, two are exclusive.

.......I don't know, Marth, Ike, & Robin?

Tyeforce

I'm pretty sure AA3C is the Mii Fighters, as I explained here, and I would guess that AA3D is a 3-pack of DLC characters. Assuming the format of the 3-pack item numbers moves the third digit of the included characters to the fourth spot, it would make sense for D to be reserved for DLC characters, as A and B are normal characters, and C are third-party characters and (presumably) Mii Fighters. I imagine they'll probably release Lucas, Roy, and Ryu together in a 3-pack, since they're all slated for next year, with Mewtwo being released separately later this year.

EDIT: Alternatively, though...it could be a 3-pack of Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt, since they're all retro characters, and the only non-DLC characters besides Mii Fighters to not appear on the CPSIA page or have North American packaging shown... That would make a lot of sense, actually...

gamestop: GUIS, WE GOT DA MII TRIPLE PACK, CUM GET IT GUIS, NINTENDO TOOK AWAY LITERALLY THE ONLY CHARM AWAY FROM THE MIIS AND GAVE THEM A DEFAULT LOOK!!

i honestly don't see why anyone would want the miis besides those hardcore collectors that will buy a turd if it was attached to an amiibo stand(i mean no offense)

Magwik

Banned

401 Westland MI

403 Southfield MI

404 Taylor MI

408 Ann Arbor MI

410 Dearborn MI

417 Novi MI

402 Utica MI

405 Saginaw MI

407 Gratiot MI

411 Flint MI

449 Auburn Hills MI

897 Farmington Hills MI

1406 Allen Park

about 40 available and still I feel the need to be to the Westland store early

Samaritan

Any chance anyone with access to Best Buy's inventory numbers can check the Dark Pit stock of the Boise, ID and Nampa, ID stores? Store #526 and store #1078 respectively.

Anyone want to meet at the Gurnee, IL best buy tomorrow morning?

Also if someone could check that stir quantity wise, I'd appreciate it! Want to know how early to show up.

illadelph

gamestop: GUIS, WE GOT DA MII TRIPLE PACK, CUM GET IT GUIS, NINTENDO TOOK AWAY LITERALLY THE ONLY CHARM AWAY FROM THE MIIS AND GAVE THEM A DEFAULT LOOK!!

i honestly don't see why anyone would want the miis besides those hardcore collectors that will buy a turd if it was attached to an amiibo stand(i mean no offense)

ehhh Miis are pretty cool bro

play some Tomodachi Life

these 2 arrived from amazon today bowser jr hasnt arrived yet though :(

RXwLq8dh.jpg

September is getting easier to collect for just need duck hunt, ROB, game & watch and mii fighter in september :)

Can you check for portage mi, 49009? Thanks

showing 39 and to answer you rother question you should be fine if showing up an hour early in my experience camping and working michigan isnt one of the more busy states when it comes to amiibo i have every amiibo thats come out and i only camped jigglypuff for about 2hrs and that was the only one i ever camped.

Anyone want to meet at the Gurnee, IL best buy tomorrow morning?

Also if someone could check that stir quantity wise, I'd appreciate it! Want to know how early to show up.

Dude, I live in Lindenhurst. But I'm going to the Vernon Hills Best Buy because it's closer to my gym and right after I pick up Dark Pit, I'm heading to Lollapalooza.

skaflone721

Neo Member
Anybody got stock numbers for NYC and LI for Dark Pit?

I saw the numbers for some of the stores and every single one shows 22, which will be nothing. One of the TRU here had 300 Greninja in stock and it was gone within 2 days. Heck, there were almost 80 people on line that morning.

Imagine 22. Fuck. Other places are getting like 40-50, even some 70. WTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom