• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzy72

Banned
I can't find any official information about amiibo Festival's release date, the only source I can find is some Nintendo fan site.

Tomita

I can't find any official information about amiibo Festival's release date, the only source I can find is some Nintendo fan site.

That's because the official release date is still "Holiday 2015", as per the PR released today. Kind of ridiculous that we still don't have a real release date for such a simple game, but whatever Nintendo.
I still want to know the date for Hyrule Warriors ):

Velcro Fly

Hyrule Warriors 3DS is 2016

With all the shit Nintendo has for 2016 on the 3DS and the chances that the NX might get revealed at E3 I'm expecting some fucking fireworks in the first half of 2016. Might be seeing releases every 3 weeks or so to fit everything in. Have to figure nothing in January and then a big release in early February.

Maengun1

Holy LOL @ the modern Mario 8-bit amiibo requiring purchase of a WiiU to obtain. Hahahahahahahaha. Watch console sales finally skyrocket! (I've had my WiiU since launch week).

Good thing I prefer Retro Mario.

Tomita

Hyrule Warriors 3DS is 2016

With all the shit Nintendo has for 2016 on the 3DS and the chances that the NX might get revealed at E3 I'm expecting some fucking fireworks in the first half of 2016. Might be seeing releases every 3 weeks or so to fit everything in. Have to figure nothing in January and then a big release in early February.

"2016" isn't a date. I want a month at least, lol.

Thoraxes

My fears have been realized: http://nintendoinquirer.com/2015/08...u-s-on-november-13th-amiibo-3-pack-confirmed/

Guess I'll be importing the few AC amiibo that I want.

Man, I don't even want AC Festival either. I just want the amiibos.

Import for me too.
Holy LOL @ the modern Mario 8-bit amiibo requiring purchase of a WiiU to obtain. Hahahahahahahaha. Watch console sales finally skyrocket! (I've had my WiiU since launch week).

Good thing I prefer Retro Mario.

That's only as of right now.

All the other stores have pre-order pages open, so I don't think it'll be the only way to get one.

Edit: Or i'm messing up idk. I just figured it out and WTF are they doing.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I have to ask as someone who tried one Animal Crossing game and couldn't get into it (yet): is K. K. Slider like the "Charizard" of Animal Crossing or something? Like, the one super character beloved by many? I see LOTS of people talking about him and specifically wanting that Amiibo.

DooD1234

I just took a look at all the amiibo updates thanks to quickly skimming the posts by Diggeh. Seriously, modern 8 bit Mario, Isabelle and K.K. Slider are bundle exclusives? I just want those and not the extra that come with it :/

Looks like I'm either importing or waiting for a while and hope they become separate later like Mario Party bundle but then again I think the green squid amiibo is still impossible to get unless you get from the 3 pack.

Drago

I have to ask as someone who tried one Animal Crossing game and couldn't get into it (yet): is K. K. Slider like the "Charizard" of Animal Crossing or something? Like, the one super character beloved by many? I see LOTS of people talking about him and specifically wanting that Amiibo.

K.K. is a dog who sings songs every Saturday night in the game. I think he or Tom Nook were the original mascots for the series before Isabelle came along. Wouldn't call him a Charizard or anything because he's one of the more prominent and important NPC's where Charizard is just one of many 'mons you can use in a Pokemon game.

I really like the character, he's my favorite NPC in the series (and I guess many others), and would have loved to get an amiibo of him to go with my Villager, but now I'll have to import lest I be stuck with two other amiibos I don't really want.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
K.K. is a dog who sings songs every Saturday night in the game. I think he or Tom Nook were the original mascots for the series before Isabelle came along. Wouldn't call him a Charizard or anything because he's one of the more prominent and important NPC's where Charizard is just one of many 'mons you can use in a Pokemon game.

I really like the character, he's my favorite NPC in the series (and I guess many others), and would have loved to get an amiibo of him to go with my Villager, but now I'll have to import lest I be stuck with two other amiibos I don't really want.

But Charizard gained a HUGE following through the years and well, he made it into Smash as well :p But yeah I guess K. K. was on the cover of the games and I guess was overtaken by the next top dog.

illadelph

Updated AGAIN because I care about you guys so much!

30hJ3hc.png

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED NINTENDO I HAVE TO DIG AROUND YOUR PRESS SITES FOR ACTUAL INFORMATION PLS HELP

Isabelle and Digby kill this for me because I'm not buying that trash ass game

20841282996_c3124aa1a9_h.jpg

I went a bit Amiibo crazy today, I found my local suppliers had loads of stock, most I've ever seen there. I had to leave some behind (captain Falcon, Little Mac, Jigglypuff, Zelda, Ness) but I've still never seen a Toon Link!

Shauni

My idea for a Pokemon line is random card packs, much like Animal Crossing, and the Pokemon cards you get in that pack can be scanned in to Pokemon Z or whatever and give you that Pokemon for use in-game. To me that's the best compromise of not locking content behind amiibo (unless they have exclusive moves) while still giving you substantial content. I would buy a few packs if they worked like that, despite me being really ambivalent to amiibo cards as they are now. Pokemon just lends itself really well to the concept.

Only downside would be using the cards as an excuse to not put as many obtainable Pokemon in the game and lock a bunch more than usual behind cards/trades, hopefully they wouldn't do anything like that. As much as I disliked XY, the huge amount of Pokemon to catch was great.

I don't think they'll go this route really. There's already a Pokemon TCG that is long-running and still well selling. I don't think they want to risk cutting into that by creating another line of cards.

colinp

Banned
I'm in need of PayPal money so if anyone wants Japanese amiibos I can pick them up for ya! Just shoot me a PM. All Yarn Yoshi colors included!

bumpkin

I don't think they'll go this route really. There's already a Pokemon TCG that is long-running and still well selling. I don't think they want to risk cutting into that by creating another line of cards.
Unless they go a slightly different route and maybe use the 3DS camera to make the existing cards defacto amiibo in the sense they're "scanned" and unlock something in-game.

Regarding the AC amiibo, is it basically confirmed that the Isabelle and Digby ones are only going to be available in the bundle?

Shauni

Unless they go a slightly different route and maybe use the 3DS camera to make the existing cards defacto amiibo in the sense they're "scanned" and unlock something in-game.

Yeah, something like that could work, but there's definitely make amiibos, too.

Regarding the AC amiibo, is it basically confirmed that the Isabelle and Digby ones are only going to be available in the bundle?

Not that I'm aware of? At the very least, I exact Isabelle will be available separately.

Zalman

I was just looking at the Star Fox Zero box art and I'm a little bummed out they decided to not make Star Fox amiibo. I know their amiibo schedule is already packed, but I wish they saved Animal Crossing for later. That series will stay relevant. This might've been the only chance in a long time for Star Fox.

Isabelle and Digby kill this for me because I'm not buying that trash ass game

I love how mad people are getting over this It was a smart business decision to bundle there most popular character over here with the game since now that if people want her they gotta buy the game. Just really goes to show ya that NoA is really trying to kill the collectors market which works for me as I buy these to use them with there games so more stock for me :)

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
I love how mad people are getting over this It was a smart business decision to bundle there most popular character over here with the game since now that if people want her they gotta buy the game. Just really goes to show ya that NoA is really trying to kill the collectors market which works for me as I buy these to use them with there games so more stock for me :)

It's smart as a short term idea but I worry that it'll cause burnout with people. I've already had several friends drop out of the amiibo scene because of bundles and the hoops required to jump through for them. I can tell you I have every smash one in NA so far and I have not used more than half of them for in game purposes. I'm more annoyed at the bundle with KK as that's just a dick move. First thing I'll be importing because I am sticking to my guns on only wanting Isa, kk, and nook out of that series. If I can't get them there, I may not at all because I don't want to support this garbage.

Shauni

Wait, so is Isabelle and Digby really exclusive to the bundle? Surely at some point they will do what they did with Mario Party 10 and released the Mario separately. I'm sure they'll do that with at least Isabelle.

zroid

Banned
I was just looking at the Star Fox Zero box art and I'm a little bummed out they decided to not make Star Fox amiibo. I know their amiibo schedule is already packed, but I wish they saved Animal Crossing for later. That series will stay relevant. This might've been the only chance in a long time for Star Fox.

I'm sure the Krystal amiibo will happen eventually. There's too much demand for it not to.

bumpkin

I would buy all of them... Fox, Slippy, Peppy, Falco, the Star Wolf goons. There's still months before the game comes out, surely there's still hope of them announcing something.

Draxal

Eh, they're trying to push amiibo in Japan, and animal crossing is BIG there.

TheGrue

The problem I have with it is not that I don't want the game (I do), but that I buy all digital and now to get the Amiibo, I have to buy a physical copy. I'd rather get the game digitally and get the Amiibo separately. Same with all these bundles. Not all of us buy physical and we shouldn't be punished (especially when we can't resell the games and make any money back).

bumpkin

The problem I have with it is not that I don't want the game (I do), but that I buy all digital and now to get the Amiibo, I have to buy a physical copy. I'd rather get the game digitally and get the Amiibo separately. Same with all these bundles. Not all of us buy physical and we shouldn't be punished (especially when we can't resell the games and make any money back).
Although, it is nice that with Super Mario Maker, it's possible to get the neat artbook even if you get the game digitally.

I actually agree with this and its my own personal problem i have with amiibo im also a fellow digital only wii u owner myself and the game bundles do piss me off also its the reason i had to buy chibi robo amiibo from japan and its probably what im gonna have to do with amiibo festival which does bother me cause i wanted all the figures on launch day to try out with the game. The 3 packs thogh i dont mind as its a way to move less popular characters with popular ones and nintendo knows KK is a popular character. Though i hope they do what activision does with 3 packs is make the character 3 pack at launch so people have an option to get the character earlier but still release him seperate a couple months later.

illadelph

I wouldn't even be mad if I actually wanted the game.

Yoshi and Chibi Robo bundles appeal to me because I want to play the games they come with.

What do we expect, Retro Mario in small supply or good amount like classic Mario
(will probably be)
?

Also, Blue Yoshi was exclusive to where? And anyone getting the Miis not want the gunner? I'll buy it off of you!

I got Blue Yarn Yoshi today.

He has no right to be this adorable. Smaller than I had thought, but still a nice size. High quality plush as well.

They should make more of these alternative style Amiibos. Plush Amiibos are awesome.

OK, bought a second amiibo for my 5 year old cousin, he loves Mario, so I got him the super mario amiibo, His dad tells me it really helped him through chemotherapy, He was crying a lot , but got really happy when he saw it.

KingBroly

Banned
I pre-ordered the modern 8-bit Mario from Play-Asia this morning. I'm not dealing with that BS. I only have to worry about the Classic 8-bit, ZSS (extra) and Ganondorf when Mario Maker hits.

JavyOO7

Just pre ordered Chibi Robo stand alone for 1158 yen. If you have Tenso forwarding service then you'd be golden if you order other stuff with it.

edit - its on amazon.co.jp

Heads up : amiibo are going to be 2 for $20 in next week's Best Buy ad.

I will finish buying the common ssb amiibos next week and basically just the ultra rare ones will be missing for me: Villager, little mac, shulk, lucina , robin and Ike. I need restocks so I can complete ssb and leave this hell

JoeM86

There are actually other cards for Pokémon that exist. The Pokémon Carddass series is one that keeps recurring and would be perfect for this.

They can't include in the current TCG because it'd alter the size and shape of cards, but the Carddass series is perfect

jon_dojah

Banned
Was able to get Duck Hunt, ROB and G&W from amazon.de just now. With shipping they came up to $20 each.

If only the UK Nintendo online store shipped to the US it would have probably been much cheaper aside from the fact they offer free shipping to local customers. Still glad I will have them in individual packaging and can open the NA 3-pack in peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom