• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Baron

Haven't read too much of the thread so forgive me if this has been answered, but is there any indication the pre-order DLC will be available to buy anytime soon? I'd love to buy the game, but without the extra modes and character I'd feel like I got an incomplete game.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The multiplayer is fine in this game. Once you figure out how to play. (IE don't just attack blocking opponents in a battle royale mindlessly and get mad when someone kills you from the back)

The single player just needed more time in the oven. I can only imagine how hard it must be to design a single player campaign around multiplayer mechanics(look at other fighting games) since the characters are constantly changing as the game is balanced and tuned for multiplayer

but that doesn't change that the end result just isn't very compelling. Especially standing side by side with literally everything else they've ever done. (Yes even Madworld)

Riposte

The multiplayer is fine in this game. Once you figure out how to play. (IE don't just attack blocking opponents in a battle royale mindlessly and get mad when someone kills you from the back)

It is not as if every mode is a battle royale.

Riposte

No one will play anything but team deathmatch even though it turns this game into garbage. I don't understand people on the internet.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fine with team death match, since all kills count towards the goal

it's teambattle i've been kinda soured towards, after playing vs a Leader who just turtled at a launch pad after his team got a lead

like what do you do to that in this game?

Riposte

I could really trash this game's online forever, but it is fun when it works (netcode will still be annoying). Deathmatch is so much better than Team Deathmatch.

I've never been able to even play capture the flag or team battle.

3-way capture the flag is one of the best modes too. They were really foolish to not only have 15~ modes, but also split it by "Ranked" and "Player". Makes no sense. They are also behind in having rooms do more than one mode (e.g. in Call of Duty a room can move to deathmatch to domination, etc).

Riposte

Had a string of good deathmatch games, ignoring times where netcode was stupid. Probably the mode I'm best at.

Whenever "My town, my city" comes up, I get real hyped. Such a great song. That and Fast Lane. I don't think I have heard Find You in a match yet (maybe in Mad Survival).

What's the best way to beat the first free mission in chapter 3 on hard in black mode? I always run out of time.

Can't remember what that was...

It was the one where you had to defeat 50 robots withing 5 minutes. Anyways, beat it, and the whole game while I was at it. But WTF, you have to beat the game on hard twice and on normal twice to get all the trophies? Can't deal with that.
Not twice, you can just mop up the missions you missed for the other side with stage select to get the credit.

Ok finally started doing some online matches and I'm left confused. In a cage match I went a few matches against a Leo player, and he was able to stun me with what looked like the standard x->y two hit combo, and also stun me as he was getting up. In none of these cases did the usual 360 attack animation play, and it should take more than 1-2 hits to break guard/stun me. What's the deal? Are there certain attacks that do this? I never encountered this in the single player.

Still don't know what the Baron's hold-Y move does, besides let me dodge one attack for free.

When you get hit by anything during the start-up of your attack, it becomes a counter-hit and you'll get instantly stunned. So if you try to attack him during his combo but time it improperly, you'll get counter-hit and stunned.

When you get knocked down, you may perform a quick wake-up attack as you're getting up. You probably got counter-hit by a wake-up attack, it's incredibly rare but it happens. I've stolen matches from people with this.

deim0s

Shit, I've been lurking this thread in order to get a PS3 code, can't believe I missed out :(

Are they ever releasing the preorder stuff on PSN?

Wondering about this... want to try out max survival mode
and bayo of course.

The DLCs for the JP version are out yeah - wondering if it's region free.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Wondering about this... want to try out max survival mode
and bayo of course.

The DLCs for the JP version are out yeah - wondering if it's region free.

Don't waste your points, I bought the Mad Survival + Dogfight DLC on Japanese PSN and it doesn't work with the NA release. Sad I missed the giveaway just now, but maybe next time...

What's the best way to beat the first free mission in chapter 3 on hard in black mode? I always run out of time.

Was that the "Kill 100 guys in X amount of time" mission?
If so, I was able to do that by bringing the bomb power-up in the Hub world and maxing out Rampage. So once the mission starts, use the bomb to destroy the large groups, and use Rampage when the first mutant shows up to get him out of the way. Once the mutant is beaten, a Rampage power-up will appear (or it may be the second mutant. either way, use Rampage on mutants), and use that as soon as the next mutant appears.
The Sniper rifle would be cool. Don't bother manually aiming for close quarters, just lock-on/shoot, lock-on/shoot.

I was beaten by that mission several times until I did the above. Ended up getting platinum the first time beating it.

MG310

I think that's the one where you fight 50 drones of all types. Like every other fight in the game I suggest bringing a sign post with you - you can get drones to explode in 2 hits (or on the 2nd hit sometimes you will jam the post through their head which will trigger the explosion). Once you learn where they appear you can wipe out entire groups with the Incendiary Grenades or Electric Traps you get a bunch of.

Heh, even the Hard AI can't deal with Bayonetta. Made it a lot easier to finish out Black-Red Side and get that trophy.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Looks like the codes were popular... so let's do one more giveaway. Next two posters (who didn't already win) can take their pick of either a 360 or PS3 Bayo code!

Riposte

Got a few good games in today. It serves me better to pay earlier I guess.

I don't think I'm using my rampage effectively. Sometimes it is impossible to catch someone, other times it is real easy.

Riposte

Recently played a TDM game where the whole opponent team was all durgas. Was fucking bananas. My team didn't stand much of a chance since I was the only one who had a rank even in the double digits while the other team was all 48+.

parkinho

Last couple of days I could barely get a game online, never mind the lack of players but I am getting constant network error messages (even when trying to start my own game) or being disconnected from Xbox Live. Anybody else having similar problems or is it an issue my end?

Shame really, enjoying the game overall but the difficulty in getting a secure game online is dragging the experience down a little.

Top Bottom