• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Neiteio

Mad Survival is mad fun. I think it might be way better than normal Survival though I've only done the latter once. One thing though... what the hell do you do when you draw "King of Kings?" Those bartender robots are absurd, lol. I mean we actually cleared it once, but I really couldn't tell you why. What is there weakness? Is it attacking them from behind (that worked really well... once)?
Nah, you just have to beat the shit out of them. They can't be grabbed and they have that projectile kick that can kill you in two to three hits, so... Be careful! And save your rampage for 'em -- you can get a 90-hit combo in on one of them and then it's not much longer to finish them off!

Riposte

Nah, you just have to beat the shit out of them. They can't be grabbed and they have that projectile kick that can kill you in two to three hits, so... Be careful! And save your rampage for 'em -- you can get a 90-hit combo in on one of them and then it's not much longer to finish them off!

At one point they well all doing that projectile and I couldn't see shit. There was only fire.

Neiteio

At one point they well all doing that projectile and I couldn't see shit. There was only fire.
It fans out in like five directions. If you see the fire coming straight at you, roll to the left or right and stay put until it passes on both sides.

Riposte

Tire + Baron = instant kill?

Also does Bull have superarmor on one of his throws?

3-team capture the flag is pretty fun. Most of the modes are fun.

I wish there was a way to fight the bar-bots in a one-on-one environment without strict time requirements. It seems like they'd be really fun to fight, but because they're only at the end of survival modes, you don't get a chance to get a feel for how they fight.

Tire + Baron = instant kill?

Yeah, his heavy killer weapon does more damage online than it's actually supposed to.

Riposte

Bad netcode is such a buzz kill, ugh. So disorienting. Seeing block breaks and people just shrugging it off.

EDIT: I don't think this game is helped by unlockables. Really don't like it when I'm killed by someone using a skill I've never seen before. Judo Throw increases throw damage right?

akaoni

Banned
Am I imagining things or is Zero OP as hell?

You're not imagining things. Best 360 in the game from my experience because he teleports above and downs enemies to the ground instead of sending them everywhere, plus he can escape ramages with it etc. I've seen other complaints about him chaining KWH together somehow, and his KWH has ridiculous armour on it, so dont bother trying to attack him if he starts charging it up.

£17 for the limited edition @ argos. worth it at that price? I don't know why I'm asking, I've already placed an order and it's already processing, be rude not to buy a brand new release at that price.

You're not imagining things. Best 360 in the game from my experience because he teleports above and downs enemies to the ground instead of sending them everywhere, plus he can escape ramages with it etc. I've seen other complaints about him chaining KWH together somehow, and his KWH has ridiculous armour on it, so dont bother trying to attack him if he starts charging it up.

He can combo the air KWH glitch, where you have atleast 3 bars of energy, press KWL in the air and hold H, and a KWH will activate right above the ground with no meter cost. A lot of characters can do it but Zero's one of the few that can combo it. It's especially effective in Survival against high-HP enemies like mutants or berserkers. Dodge count resets and whatever are probably things that PG knew about but didn't bother changing because of how obvious it is, but KWH glitch is obviously a bug. Also, [H, L, forward L,L,L, delay L,H, KWLx3] is a great combo and really easy to land online unlike most of the loops.

You can knock people out of KWH charging with any H attack or a throw, and I don't think Zero is an exception.

Slathe

Just started playing this over the last few days, and I really like it. I struggled a lot from levels 1 - 4, and now feel like I'm starting to understand some of the basic mechanics.

My big complaint is the multiplayer system. If I want to play with a friend, is there a better way to do it than searching for a room then trying to invite him in as quickly as I can and hoping it doesn't fill up?

I thought about creating my own, but even in that case, there's no way to lock it until my friends show up, that I saw, and so a random guy can show up and join my team, taking a spot I'd otherwise use. I thought maybe I could do a private game then convert it to a public, but I didn't see any option with that. While its not been a big problem to get a game with one friend, I fear it'd be hard to get two or three together on a team for a team game.

Am I missing something, or is it just really poorly designed?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
We had some "interesting" fights against a Bayonetta player tonight in Team Battle. Then we beat up on another flowchart Bayo in TDM, and he started avoiding our room.

Bayonetta Must Die.
What's this? I don't want to become one of these. I'm guessing it involves a lot of killer weapon spam and throw spam?

Cheska

Damn, I hate those Cyborg Joe things or whatever they're called. Is there a trick to taking them down easily? I just beat that missions where you have to beat three of them and only managed to get a silver medal :(

Riposte

I'm sorry JP, but you are so wrong: Sam would have fit perfectly in this game. I feel this way after playing a lot of Durga.

EDIT: What does the tier list look like? I'm guessing Rin Sisters, Bayonetta, Baron, and maybe Douglas or Bull at the top?

MormaPope

Banned
I kicked some serious ass with Nikolai today, use to use Douglas a lot but Nikolai has the perfect amount of brawn and speed. His heavy killer move catches people off guard most of the time and has pretty decent attacks all around.

Cheska

Hell yes, finished the campaign!! Some pretty fun stuff there, though I can see how multiplayer is the main appeal. I only got to play a few rounds but it was exciting. And from the posts I can tell a lot of you don't like Bayo, but how can I not choose her, c'mon? :D

Is there a lobby or chat for the PS3 players? I'm constantly getting disconnected from the online serves :(

Neiteio

I'm sorry JP, but you are so wrong: Sam would have fit perfectly in this game. I feel this way after playing a lot of Durga.

EDIT: What does the tier list look like? I'm guessing Rin Sisters, Bayonetta, Baron, and maybe Douglas or Bull at the top?
Sadly, my boy Bull is usually bottom-tiered, if I'm not mistaken. At least in 1v1. He's a great kill-stealer in 4P and up, though!

Chozo

Chozo; Mauler5150; PS3

So far about my only contribution in most matches is to get killed. Are there any sorts of guides for the multiplayer so that I can be less fodder and maybe get above a 1:8 K/D ratio?

deim0s

So far about my only contribution in most matches is to get killed. Are there any sorts of guides for the multiplayer so that I can be less fodder and maybe get above a 1:8 K/D ratio?

Just check the brawl in front of you... Don't go head first into it. You might want to step back and look for stragglers or opponents you could contribute or steal a kill or two. Unless you could handle all of them and screw them all over... Like the orbital laser. :p

j.KWH or a charge and or the 360 move are your friends. Items and things you can throw are good too. Just be aware of what's going on and you'll be fine.

Slathe

Just started playing this over the last few days, and I really like it. I struggled a lot from levels 1 - 4, and now feel like I'm starting to understand some of the basic mechanics.

My big complaint is the multiplayer system. If I want to play with a friend, is there a better way to do it than searching for a room then trying to invite him in as quickly as I can and hoping it doesn't fill up?

I thought about creating my own, but even in that case, there's no way to lock it until my friends show up, that I saw, and so a random guy can show up and join my team, taking a spot I'd otherwise use. I thought maybe I could do a private game then convert it to a public, but I didn't see any option with that. While its not been a big problem to get a game with one friend, I fear it'd be hard to get two or three together on a team for a team game.

Am I missing something, or is it just really poorly designed?

Sorry to bump by quoting myself, but does anyone have an answer to this?

akaoni

Banned
Sorry to bump by quoting myself, but does anyone have an answer to this?

It's really poorly designed as you initially questioned. Best option for organising matches with friends is to have the correct number of players available to host a private game without CPU otherwise you have to jump through the hoops by inviting them all quickly enough etc.

EDIT:

I would say Rins, Baron, Douglas, Max, Bayo, Zero off the top of my head. I'm not sure where Oinkie and Leo stand. Gargoyle and Garuda can be a pain to deal with at times. All the characters are capable of dealing damage of course, but most feel redundant because said characters can only do [x] while the best I named can do [x] & [y] while doing [x] even better etc.

Bottom tier in my opinion; Jack, Sasha, Nikolai.

Slathe

It's really poorly designed as you initially questioned. Best option for organising matches with friends is to have the correct number of players available to host a private game without CPU otherwise you have to jump through the hoops by inviting them all quickly enough etc.

Ugh, thanks for the answer, that's what I was afraid of. Makes it hard for me to recommend the game to more than one gaming buddy, as the chance we'll get to play together seems slim (against other teams, I mean)

T.O.P

Banned
*orders Anarchy reigns from Amazon, receives a package full of Kineso Tex*

fuck you Amazon, i'm starting to think that i'm not supposed to play this game :(

NEO0MJ

Damn, I hate those Cyborg Joe things or whatever they're called. Is there a trick to taking them down easily? I just beat that missions where you have to beat three of them and only managed to get a silver medal :(

I love Cybrid Joe. Wish he was playable instead of Gargoyle. As for beating them, just be patient. I don't think many moves can beat his super armor.

Sam and Rodin would be ideal bonus characters in this game.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I just saw Gargoyle's mutant execution move for the first time the other day.

that dude had missile on him this entire time!?

Recall

Finished my play through of the full campaign and thoroughly enjoyed the hell out of it. Easily exceeded my expectations and it may be the only 2013 game I've played but it certainly was the best way to start the year.

Oublieux

Is anyone else in East Asia? I thoroughly get my ass handed to me by players in Japan as I'm based in Korea right now, heh! PSN ID is Oublieux; would really love to get a few matches going on the weekends as trying to join a public game is so, so time consuming.

Riposte

Tain, you were right, this campaign has got me hooked.

It is funny after playing RE6 I want "campaign crossovers" in other games so bad. I want players to jump into my game as Baron or Leo, etc. I would love if other players were randomly spawned into my "overworld". I would also borrow from Street Fighter IV and have match-making for multiplayer and waiting for lobby to ready up while fucking around in the overworld. Alright enough fantasies for now, before you know I'll be posting a moveset for Sam.

Speaking of the "overworld", it seems like the higher your killcount the stronger the enemy which appears at night is? If that is true, how high does it go up?

EDIT: Am I seeing this right? When the
ninja
robots are self-destructing, they commit seppuku? LOL

Tain

Glad you're enjoying it! Co-op and matchmaking handled like that would be awesome for a sequel, but even hoping for a sequel seems pretty optimistic.

RangerBAD

Tain, you were right, this campaign has got me hooked.

It is funny after playing RE6 I want "campaign crossovers" in other games so bad. I want players to jump into my game as Baron or Leo, etc. I would love if other players were randomly spawned into my "overworld". I would also borrow from Street Fighter IV and have match-making for multiplayer and waiting for lobby to ready up while fucking around in the overworld. Alright enough fantasies for now, before you know I'll be posting a moveset for Sam.

Speaking of the "overworld", it seems like the higher your killcount the stronger the enemy which appears at night is? If that is true, how high does it go up?

EDIT: Am I seeing this right? When the
ninja
robots are self-destructing, they commit seppuku? LOL

Seems pretty random to me on the difficulty of the enemies as your kill count goes up. I was fighting a lot of hover platform guys at one time and then there was a time I was getting those black horned mutants. It's when they send out shield and laser drones that I end up getting killed. Yeah, I think they self-destruct.
Zero does the same thing on Black Side when you defeat him the second time.

Tried my first few Cage Matches today. Pretty big rush, and I even won most of 'em despite my usual lack of prowess at fighting games. Ai's aerial KW light attack is a life saver.

Riposte

As for online... I feel like this game is sabotaging itself constantly. Netcode is poor and I'm constantly being matched with people with like 2 bars. This is on PS3 anyway. I suppose that's just how it has to be with a game like Anarchy Reigns compared to a more popular game. Then you have the terrible out of game UI and loads and saves and slow lobby.

I think Team Deathmatch is poorly designed, at least for random pick-up play. It structured to be a steamroll and almost always is. When teammates die they are separated and put all the way on the other side of the map. This basically means unless someone plugs in a mic and tells players to just wait until everyone gets back together (even so, good luck) you are never going to get a back and forth game. 4 v 1 or 2 is mostly hopeless because of combos and auto-regen. Add this to the "level" / killstreak system and it gets ugly.

On the other hand tag battles, 3-way capture the flag, etc all work out fine. They limit how much of a disadvantage someone can be at and the opportunity to shift the momentum is there.

Yeah I'm kinda surprised at how poorly designed the online is. Setting the horrible balance and brain dead spawn system aside you'd think they could at least managed a good matchmaking system but nope platinum couldn't even do that. Not being able to search for a lobby with a party is some seriously archaic shit.

Dealing with those issues I was still having fun but now I can't hardly find matches without 1-2bar players so it looks like my time with this game is nearing its end :(

Persona7

Banned
I like playing online but dislike waiting so long for a match to start and constantly getting matchmaking errors. The game also has a bunch of weird latency that is always present.

Japanese fighting games traditionally have had pretty atrocious netcode up until pretty recently, because apparently the quality of the internet over there means that they don't bother optimizing it so much for latency. I suspect it's the same situation with this game.

I'd say the number of bars the host has is the most important, and if it takes you a long time to connect to a lobby you're probably going to have a bad time. Even so, I've been getting pretty good games with people, even at odd hours.

Riposte

Huh, does Bayo's killer weapon do more damage than most other ones? Think I just got one shotted. Smart player too. Went for killer weapon kills and ran. Was hard to catch.

EDIT: Uh yeah, I can one shot people (or rather link killer attacks for a short unescapable combo). Don't think I can do this on my other characters.

Oh she is using Master Evader or w/e skill. Something I don't have access to... (If I didn't pre-order I wouldn't have access to this character, who might be the strongest in the game.)

EDIT: Huh, not working anymore. Maybe I just lucky and it wasn't showing health totals?

Top Bottom