• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Liberty4all

Banned
Seems to be PS3. Can't find games on 360 90% of the time.

how about on ps3. Healthy community? I don't want to drop 30 if online is a month from death. Asking as I see people complaining in this thread that ps3 its hard to get matches going

rvy

Banned
how about on ps3. Healthy community? I don't want to drop 30 if online is a month from death. Asking as I see people complaining in this thread that ps3 its hard to get matches going

No idea on PS3. Good thing this game only has offline achievements/trophies, otherwise we'd be fucked for a 1000G/100% trophies.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
ggs shizzlee

CTF is fun. Too bad no one has the patience for it online.

Do you guys do private rooms or just pick up and play?

When I'm by myself I just do quick match or custom game to search for open ones

When I'm trying to play with friends I host and just invite them in.

Rooms fill up pretty quick on PS3. I haven't had nearly as much trouble as I had when I imported. (just hosted about 4-5 CTF games and a TDM in a two and a half hour session, which is pretty good I think)

I still see alot of levels 1's, so there's still new players picking up the game.

It''s hard to tell though really.

Well I'm level 47 and played almost everyday since the game released and it can take 10mins at times to get a match going on PS3.

I suppose it really depends on where you live and what time you play at.

I wish this game at least had a LAN mode. It is sad knowing that the MP has an eventual expiration date (along with a lot of other games of course). All games should have LAN.

rvy

Banned
Some good Mad Survival matches. How are you supposed to beat the bartender robot when he goes into Rage mode? 1 is hard enough, 3 is just insane.

Liberty4all

Banned
Online is a ghost town now unless you have the patience of a saint so I wouldn't recommend anyone buy AR for MP.

So it's Twisted Metal all over again :(

Thanks for the heads up ... I guess I'll pass, I don't want to buy into a dying community. From the impressions in this thread though I'm guessing the game will retain at least a small hard core base, ala shadowrun.

Edit: also this game looks like a perfect PS+ candidate a few months from now

Eusis

It's stuff like this that really makes me question how viable MP REALLY is to the future of games. It's significant, people WILL want MP focused games, but as an addition to an SP game, even when the MP is strong it seems unlikely to take off AND stay strong.

It'd probably help if lag weren't the issue it was, and it's one that can't be fully surmounted either.

Neiteio

Online is a ghost town now unless you have the patience of a saint so I wouldn't recommend anyone buy AR for MP.
Yeah, I couldn't get a game going last night. :( I feel kind of guilty because I didn't play the whole week due to exciting Nintendo announcements and the MGRR demo. I feel like I contributed to people abandoning the game by not being one more person online. :(

They should really let us add CPU bots to round out the rooms, if needed. If I can get one live soul to accompany me in Mad Survival, why not let me add a CPU as the third slot, to avoid waiting even longer and risking the second person leaving?

Also, a training mode you can practice in while waiting in lobbies would make lobbies SO much more bearable.

Three-way Capture the Flag is really awesome. I finally got to play a match, and it was intense the whole time, especially when it went into overtime.

Riposte

Three-way Capture the Flag is really awesome. I finally got to play a match, and it was intense the whole time, especially when it went into overtime.

Yeah, it's great. Perfect balance of chaos and order, team and solo, and objectives and combat.

Whenever I get a time extension it is so hype. I remember just activating rampage at the end of a match when I was down 2 kills... then the time extension sound played and the song switched... I WAS PUMPED.

Riposte

Play a bunch of fun Deathmatch games = "this game is great!"

Suddenly can't punish wiffed 360 attacks unless I guess the player is lagging behind and attack earlier + a laggy Baron who is one shotting me through my grabs and such = "this game is utter garbage"

Thing is I have no idea whether the reason I do good is because the other player is lagging like shit.

I could write an essay on my grievances on this game's multiplayer and how it is set up. A laggy player can join my room and I can do nothing about it. Not even sure if you can mute people in this game (also for some reason voice is joined with game audio, so I can't just put the voice chat volume all the way down on my headphones). Don't suppose it is worthwhile to go over everything they do wrong, because I don't think this will ever get a patch.

It's stuff like this that really makes me question how viable MP REALLY is to the future of games. It's significant, people WILL want MP focused games, but as an addition to an SP game, even when the MP is strong it seems unlikely to take off AND stay strong.

It'd probably help if lag weren't the issue it was, and it's one that can't be fully surmounted either.

Are you familiar with the fighting game genre? MP, mostly local (because online is so damn buggy and unreliable), is what keeps the games going. You've got stuff being played for years, man. It's awesome.

But then AR comes around and says "fuck you, no local" and pretty much dies with that. How do you give the finger to the most important mode in fighting games?

Riposte

Are you familiar with the fighting game genre? MP, mostly local (because online is so damn buggy and unreliable), is what keeps the games going. You've got stuff being played for years, man. It's awesome.

But then AR comes around and says "fuck you, no local" and pretty much dies with that. How do you give the finger to the most important mode in fighting games?

If AR would to be played locally, it would probably have to be system link. AR played as 1v1 (with serious players) would make SFxTK look like a masterpiece.

Man, Free Mission 2 in Leon chapter 2 is tough... keep running out of time. I'm going for no deaths, so that spinning claw + getting stunned = fuck.

Also any other Durga mains here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_twA4UmLbw

You can "parry" by immediately canceling the blockstun animation with the KW animation. So basically, press KW the instant (actually a few frames after, but basically time it with the attack) the attack hits. If you do it too early or if you miss, you'll just go into the KW animation which has no block properties, and will eat the attack. Really hard, and not something you'd want to try online, but pretty cool.

This has been covered before no doubt but I was wondering what was the shortest way to unlock Stage 4 - White side and the Final Stage - White after finishing the game. I must have forgot to complete a Free Mission in Stage 4 and it didn't unlock. Am I able to just play the final boss from Stage 3 and advance to Stage 4 and unlock it that way or not? Is their a shorter way?

Roto13

This has been covered before no doubt but I was wondering what was the shortest way to unlock Stage 4 - White side and the Final Stage - White after finishing the game. I must have forgot to complete a Free Mission in Stage 4 and it didn't unlock. Am I able to just play the final boss from Stage 3 and advance to Stage 4 and unlock it that way or not? Is their a shorter way?

You're missing a White mission because it doesn't open up unless you start on the White side. You have to do the campaign twice to unlock everything.

You're missing a White mission because it doesn't open up unless you start on the White side. You have to do the campaign twice to unlock everything.

So do I have to start a "new" game from the beginning rather than choose stage select? I don't know if it makes a difference but should I choose Stage 1 from stage select and go from there?

Riposte

Beat the game, on Black Side. Leo's final chapter was a real nice challenge on hard and aiming for no retries. Lots of fun (and death). Free Mission 1 and the first mission on Red Side were probably the hardest parts of the game. Loved those.

Majukun

why the countdown for the beginning of a battle royale doesn't start even when all 16 people are in the lobby and all of them are ready?

TheOGB

Banned
I finally see the love of Death Ball. It's pretty damn fun, even if frustrating. I'm also getting decent with Garuda and Fei Rin, if you don't count the novice beatings. :p

Riposte

You know I'm slightly annoyed by the fact the only confirmed deaths in this game's campaign are
Durga (and maybe Gaurda). That's my main! Of all people why him!
I don't suppose it matters because we will probably never see a sequel. I really want one though. Love the game's concept and I want to see more of the setting. It could also use some functionality improvements in the area of multiplayer for sure. If it ever comes it will probably be by the hand of Nintendo like Bayonetta. However I don't see the Platinum Games-Nintendo relationship as some golden goose like other people do.

Can't recall all of them atm, but I think my favorite missions were Durga, White Side(from Black Side) Chapter 4's Free Mission 1, and the first fight of Black->Red Side.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Zero dies too. Pretty sure he suicides after losing to Jack the 2nd time

and I don't think there will ever be another Anarchy Reigns, and honestly despite how much fun I'm having with the game, I don't really want one.

Just hope Platinum builds off the experience and feedback they got from this game and use that knowledge towards designing any multiplayer features in their future titles.

Riposte

Zero dies too

Ohhh yeahhh. Jack made light of that real fast lol.

Is the plot point about
"red eyes" and Max's split personality ever explained? I was totally expecting a callback to a previous case (him being mind-controlled by a deceased criminal or something) with the way they were discussing old cases.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think the red eyes mean anything, as half the cast does the same thing when they get angry/serious.

Pretty sure Max was just fucked up from the drugs he was abusing after being responsible for Stella's death and being discharged/suspended from BPS.

I think what's more important is who killed his wife. Max or
was it some kind of setup from Nikolai

The game doesn't really say either or and when someone asked the game's director on the recent PGLive stream if Max did it, his answer was "I don't know" lol

ggs

I felt bad about that TDM. You always had teammates that fed kills

Ggs. I didn't do so well half the time either, so I can't blame my team, but those were still pretty great matches. It's too bad I kept getting disconnected. The double invite thing you were doing was a good way to get around that.

I think what's more important is who killed his wife. Max or
was it some kind of setup from Nikolai

The game doesn't really say either or and when someone asked the game's director on the recent PGLive stream if Max did it, his answer was "I don't know" lol

I think it had to be Max. If he didn't kill his own wife, then I think his story would lack weight.

I was willing to believe that it was actually Nikolai at first, but now I think that if that were actually the case, there would have been more hints toward it than just that one scene where he confronts Leo about it. If Nikolai did kill Max's wife, then I think that would be a case of weak writing.

mollipen

I'm starting to get really frustrated with Anarchy Reigns. When the game first hit, I was having a lot of fun, because everybody was new (and at the same skill level), so I felt like I always had a chance. But, it's weird—the more I play the game, the more I feel like I don't understand it. *heh*

I'm often the same way with proper fighting games, and I never like people who just proclaim "Character X/Move X is so cheap!", but that's how I've felt this weekend getting back to playing the game.

Sorry if these things were already covered, but I've got a few questions.

* Does level at all effect a player's power/defense/regeneration rate? Like, in the last game I just played, I was fighting somebody of a much higher level than I (they were like 45 to my 7), and I had the item that speeds up healing and they didn't. But, I'd swear that they were recovering health faster than I was in the down moments of our battle. I also had a level 50 Rin (can't remember which one) who was doing one-hit Killer Weapon kills on me when I'd swear I shouldn't have been low enough to die from the hit.

* When you're being attacked by somebody in rage (forgot the exact name), can you just block all of those attacks? I've fought people who could just stand there and block all of the attacks if I was doing them, but on the other hand I'd swear that I can't block through all of those attacks.

* Speaking of blocks, other than throws, how do I get better at breaking blocks? I know there's also the charge attack, but I just can't get a handle yet on what to do for people who just keep blocking/dodging.

A lot of it is just frustration, and I know that, but I'm trying to avoid getting to the point where I give up the game. I've never be great at fighting games, so it's that divide between being okay at it casually and trying to compete with the people who can really click with the game's mechanics.

Being honest, though, I'll also admit that part of my current anger at the game is due to its ridiculous matchmaking. *laughs*

Top Bottom