• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

XaeonBE

Any other people looking forward to Grand Theft Auto San Andreas on Android?
It should be out within 6 days now.

I bought Vice City on Android and I must say its fun and easy to play. But I'm a bit concerned about the San Andreas version because the map is way bigger, and I'm wondering how this is going to render.

GuitarAnthony

Neo Member
Any other people looking forward to Grand Theft Auto San Andreas on Android?
It should be out within 6 days now.

I bought Vice City on Android and I must say its fun and easy to play. But I'm a bit concerned about the San Andreas version because the map is way bigger, and I'm wondering how this is going to render.

I have GTA III & Vice City along with Max Payne but my main concern is they're all 1GB+ in size and when you have a 32GB tablet (minus the offering to the hard drive gods and initial programs) space runs out pretty damn quickly like. If San Andreas ends up being 2GB I'm gonna pass.

jokkir

I have GTA III & Vice City along with Max Payne but my main concern is they're all 1GB+ in size and when you have a 32GB tablet (minus the offering to the hard drive gods and initial programs) space runs out pretty damn quickly like. If San Andreas ends up being 2GB I'm gonna pass.

I'm going to assume it being around 3-4GB considering the PC version has a 4.7GB install.

XaeonBE

In the IOS gaming thread of december GTA SA is 1.63GB so yeah it is a big game. And my tablet is only 16GB...

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Any previews for Ridge Racer Slipstream tey?

moojito

Has anyone actually played the gta games on a mobile device? I bought gta 3 and vice city and really just load them up for a "wow, this is amazing!" drive about for a few minutes, then shut it down. I couldn't imagine actually playing it with those controls.

SiDCrAzY

Has anyone actually played the gta games on a mobile device? I bought gta 3 and vice city and really just load them up for a "wow, this is amazing!" drive about for a few minutes, then shut it down. I couldn't imagine actually playing it with those controls.

With physical controls yes.

W1SSY

Gonna have to recommend Fiz : Brewery Management Game. Apparently this was a Kickstarter game and I read about it on reddit android gaming.

It feels a lot like a Kairosoft game. You open a brewery and have four employees. You level them up and can discover new beer recipes. After brewing the beer you have to decide the price and location to sell at. Not real far into it so far but really enjoying it.

Here is a link to the game on the play store.
It was $2 when I bought it and does not have any in app purchases which nowadays is a big plus.
vkLgz3Hs9aodRBLZBSVhq0yStQwJ7kjgsiblMxAVzUr6gjL5zXAbOKPhpNFQXGHRvQ=h310-rw

d5YanmLXA3MnW7z5TIIQgp2lxIVVH4a3r8tqeVldPHhHE_WF-Rq_5UIxGBayAVaNaA=h900-rw

HZZlCb5OzxJbH5TLwJw7IFPRIk5v_E8L4a3x2ClOTZ30CcSjWNQLFe1tKeWJ6CgWP7M=h900-rw

Came to recommend Rayman Jungle Run and Rayman Fiesta Run. Genuinely good games. Not too hard, but not super easy, either. Fiesta Run is the harder of the two games.

Gonna have to recommend Fiz : Brewery Management Game. Apparently this was a Kickstarter game and I read about it on reddit android gaming.

It feels a lot like a Kairosoft game. You open a brewery and have four employees. You level them up and can discover new beer recipes. After brewing the beer you have to decide the price and location to sell at. Not real far into it so far but really enjoying it.

It was $2 when I bought it and does not have any in app purchases which nowadays is a big plus.

Bought this and have really enjoyed it so far! Thanks for the suggestion

SumGamer

I'm hooked. Thanks.

mario_O

Gemini Rue on my GS3 runs like shite, the audio is stuttering like crazy. Does anyone have the same problem? Any ideas?

Tarps

I would love to see some people test this before I go through the trouble of getting it running and figuring out how to burn my DC games. I just want some mobile ChuChu Rocket.

There's a native ChuChu Rocket sitting on my Nexus, I think it was from the Amazon appstore..

Thrakier

I would love to see some people test this before I go through the trouble of getting it running and figuring out how to burn my DC games. I just want some mobile ChuChu Rocket.

No chance in hell this works fine. Most native Android games are running like shit, how is a emulator supposed to work.

I can confirm that Marvel vs Capcom 2 runs fine on reicast. As far as i know it's same for RE Code Veronica, Sonic Adventure and some more games.

Zafir

Ill give it a try when I get home from work with shenmue. I doubt it'll work well but if it did that would be awesome.

Edit: Maybe not, there's some reports of it not working on S4s. :(

louiedog

The Cave is now available from the Google Play store.

link

There's no mention of Sega anywhere. I wonder if the Android/Ouya version belongs completely to Double Fine.

So Iesabel is on sale right now for .99. Anyone have any experience with the game? I would love to have a decent ARPG with no micro transactions. Is this it?

XaeonBE

Sadly I won't be buying GTA San Andreas because it will only run on my S4 and not on my tablet like Vice City & GTA III

SiDCrAzY

I bought it, but then said I couldn't download it because I "may" have not purchased it.

Refunded already.

Will wait for an update.

garath

Top Bottom