• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

Is the app compatability list on Amazon accurate? There's a few games I'd like to spend my coins are but they show as not working on my Nexus 7.

Also, just got a cable for my Ps3 controller. Should most games with controller support work with it out of the box? Any games that are greatly improved with controller support?

jvm

Gamasutra.
Quick addendum to my earlier enthusiasm for POP2. Does not work with Lollipop (Android 5.0), at least on my Nexus 7. Still enjoying a ton on my Moto X, which is still on 4.4.

Lots of negative reviews on Amazon for the IAP scheme and controls. Seems out of whack with my experience, although the incompatibility issue is real and should be patched.

Bri

When some games ask for all kinds of permissions, is there a decent reason for it? Hitman Go for example, location and unit ID/call information (or whatever it says in English).

Things like this makes me paranoid and soon there will be pictures of my penis floating around in cyberspace.

When some games ask for all kinds of permissions, is there a decent reason for it? Hitman Go for example, location and unit ID/call information (or whatever it says in English).

Things like this makes me paranoid and soon there will be pictures of my penis floating around in cyberspace.
Most of those permissions are harmless it just sounds scary I think thing like call information is for it to pause and resume if you get a call and location is for geo locations parts of the game or multiplayer. I guess they can use the information but I don't think they do. Theyd face backlash

Benedict

You should read the reviews in Amazon app store.
Full of tinfoil people

Not sure if its there is a better place to ask this but I was wondering if anyone knows how well PS1 emulation is on something like the 2013 Nexus 7.

Looking to rip some of my old PS games like the Final Fantasies and SOTN but I won't bother if the performance is horrible

Does anyone play Heroes of Order and Chaos? It's surprisingly good for a MOBA clone. It plays much like Smite, much more action oriented than say DOTA. Gameloft though....

Are there ANY other good MOBAs out on the mobile market? I think there's that Vainglory but that's iOS only.

Also Square please fix FF4's crappy battle framerate.

Humble Noodlecake Mobile Bundle - Android-only, for the most part
https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile?noodlecake_mobilebundle

PWYW Tier:
Polymer
Glorkian Warrior: The Trials of Glork
Pumped BMX 2
Super Stickman Golf 2

BTA Tier:
Devious Dungeon
Tower Dwellers
Mikey Boots
The Blocks Cometh
Flappy Golf
Mage Gauntlet
Box Cat

+ More when stretch goals are met

$8 Tier:
Wayward Souls
Wave Wave 2.0

Stretch Goals
$100K: Trainyard
$150K: ???
$200K: ???
$250K: ???
$300K: ??? (PC DRM-Free)
$400K: ???

Four more games added to the BTA Tier

Ezalc

So uh, I bought hitman go on amazon's appstore. But it says it's not compatible with my device, but the page of it on the google store says it is. I don't get what's going on, is there some weird region lock happening?

EDIT: I have a nexus 4 btw.

I saw this neat looking game on the subway but I never got the name of it. The game had a spaceman you played and you use the gyroscope to jump on platforms, kind of like a vertical endless runner. Enemies included aliens, UFOs and black holes. Do I have to use the gyroscope?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I need some boardgames. I wish Warhammer Quest was on Android, but it's not...Any suggestions of the best Android boardgames?

I need some boardgames. I wish Warhammer Quest was on Android, but it's not...Any suggestions of the best Android boardgames?

I can highly recommend Neuroshima Hex, it's a tactical boardgame for two players where you put down hexagonal units each turn and then resolve their facing attacks and special abilities. You need to plan ahead and predict outcomes on an ever-shifting board.. it's based off a Polish tabletop roleplaying game so there is some lore behind it too (although hardly required to enjoy it.)

It's great for two humans on a tablet but the AI is good too (particularly if you consider how many different abilities there are.)

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Amazon are giving away another bunch of free apps to celebrate the new year. The games include Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, Thomas Was Alone, Republique, Kingdom Rush Frontiers and Riptide GP 2.

Freebies.

Patison

Amazon are giving away another bunch of free apps to celebrate the new year. The games include Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, Thomas Was Alone, Republique, Kingdom Rush Frontiers and Riptide GP 2.

Freebies.

I hope that Amazon.com will do something similiar, those are really neat games and I want to finally try Republique!

Those free apps mentioned above are up on the US Amazon store now:
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=nav_sap_mas_14_12_31_BB_Dec2_Bundle?ie=UTF8&node=10076151011

- Monopoly
- Angry Birds Star Wars II
- Stack the States
- Fruit Ninja
- Riptide GP2
- Kingdom Rush Frontiers (Kindle-Only?)
- Tabletop Racing
- Sparkle 2 Evo
- LYNE
- Clockwork: Tales of Glass and Ink
- Republique (Episode 1, the other episodes are IAPs) (Kindle-Only?)
- Thomas Was Alone
- Alice Trapped in Wonderland
- Townsmen Premium
- Might and Magic Clash of Heroes
- Patchworkz
- Garfield's Escape
- Uncanny X-Men: Days of Future Past (Kindle-Only?)
- Buttons and Scissors Pro
- Azkend 2: The World Beneath

- Alarm Clock Xtreme
- AVG Anti-Virus Pro
- Pho.to Lab Pro
- Calculator Plus
- Food Diary and Calorie Tracker
- JEFIT Pro
- Mini Piano
- Bills Reminder
- Deep Sleep with Andrew Johnson
- Orrery
- BuildCalc
- Xtralogic Remote Desktop
- Distant Suns: Unleash your inner astronaut

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
ascension
sentinels of the multiverse
talisman
witcher board game
galaxy trucker
star realms

i think that's about it

I can highly recommend Neuroshima Hex, it's a tactical boardgame for two players where you put down hexagonal units each turn and then resolve their facing attacks and special abilities. You need to plan ahead and predict outcomes on an ever-shifting board.. it's based off a Polish tabletop roleplaying game so there is some lore behind it too (although hardly required to enjoy it.)

It's great for two humans on a tablet but the AI is good too (particularly if you consider how many different abilities there are.)

Thanks guys. Neuroshima Hex is actually one I've looked at but never purchased. Talisman and Small World 2 are on my radar as well.

République says it isn't compatible with any device in my list. That includes my Kindle Fire HD 8.9", 2nd gen Kindle Fire (non-HD), and Kindle Fire HD 7". Also my Nexus 7 and Moto X. What the heck?!

I think even among Kindles, it only works on more recent/powerful ones like the HDX and the 3rd gen HD.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
République says it isn't compatible with any device in my list. That includes my Kindle Fire HD 8.9", 2nd gen Kindle Fire (non-HD), and Kindle Fire HD 7". Also my Nexus 7 and Moto X. What the heck?!

Doesn't work with my Note 4 either.

SystemUser

Doesn't work with my Note 4 either.

Sometimes Amazon Appstore apps are Kindle only and in this case only for the newer Kindle. The Amazon Appstore version of HBO Go is really slick, but it will only run on Kindles. I think the Google Play store locks some apps to tablet only, but not to specific models beyond minimum OS version requirements AFAIK.

zulux21

Oh god. Why did you do this.

one of my idle games got an update which inspired me to look on google play to see what other games are out there, I saw dragons and I couldn't resist.

as for why I posted it... I didn't want to be the only one suffering >.>

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
one of my idle games got an update which inspired me to look on google play to see what other games are out there, I saw dragons and I couldn't resist.

YEAH THANK YOU VERY MUCH MAN. I'M PLAYING THIS SHIT FOR THE LAST TWO HOURS AND I'M NOT EVEN SURE WHY! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

:p

Selner

YEAH THANK YOU VERY MUCH MAN. I'M PLAYING THIS SHIT FOR THE LAST TWO HOURS AND I'M NOT EVEN SURE WHY! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

:p

Tap tap tap tap tap tap.... tap tap tap tap... tap tap tap.... wtf am I doing... 5mil jewel things for evolution? Goodness... that's a lot of tapping.

The little "quest" descriptions are kind of funny though.

Managed to slip past me, but Kairosoft gave us all a Christmas present on the 25th of Biz Builder Deluxe @ £2.99.

I just can't get enough of these games still, no matter how little changes.

Ahhh... I can't get enough of these games either. This one is a bit different though. I have almost no idea what I'm doing. My video game store is rocking though. I think my Burger Barn is going to go out of business though, doh.

zulux21

Tap tap tap tap tap tap.... tap tap tap tap... tap tap tap.... wtf am I doing... 5mil jewel things for evolution? Goodness... that's a lot of tapping.

The little "quest" descriptions are kind of funny though.

:p it's not to complicated, you tap for money and buy stuff to auto get money, my first dragon is up to a couple billion per second that he makes.

while you can unlock all of the dragons without paying money, you can only unlock the first 3 dragons easily without paying money it seems.

you can get a single key each day by watching videos, once you unlock so much on a given dragon you can then spend 1 trillion gems to get 10 keys on that dragon which is enough to unlock one of two other dragons, but alas after you unlock two more dragons the next one costs 20 keys and you still only get 10 keys from the third dragon, thus you will have to get a key from a video over 10 days to get the next dragon (I haven't a clue if that one gives you 20 keys for another dragon or still just 10) (I might spend $2 in order remove adds and support them in wasting hours of my life :p)

The other slightly annoying thing I have noticed is that only the dragon I was active with when I close the program actually gets idle gems, they all get them when the game is active, and heck I think they even all get them when the game isn't the focus but alas when I come back from work only one dragon has a lot more money. ideally this is a bug as it is a fairly new release.

garath

On the bright side. Its not nearly as addicting as clicker heroes. Don't start that game if you haven't already. So addicting.

garath

Try tap titans. Much better than adventure quest dragons

Careful, it doesn't like to run on all devices, never ran on my Tab 3 or S4...
Yeah, it's based on an older version than what's on the Play Store, so it lacks Gamepad support and may not be completely compatible with LP.

Another good deal on the Amazon Appstore is Valiant Hearts. Right now the main app is on sale for 99 coins (30 coins back, so 69 coins in the end), which contains Episode 1. Episodes 2-4 can be bought via IAP as a bundle for 899 coins (270 coins back, so 629 coins in the end). All told, you can snag the entirety of Valiant Hearts for about 700 coins.

Mikaju

Sonic CD is free on Amazon app store. Hope it works with shield controls.

Edit: Looks and plays great on Shield Portable.

Top Bottom