• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely buying some of those apps!

So we get 10 NEW apps at .10c to choose from every day for the next 10 days? Or is this just one sale that lasts for 10 days?
10 days of different apps.

"Please join us in this 10-day celebration and check in every day to see what new apps our developer partners are making available on Android Market—for only a dime."

Frigging excellent.

Cudder

10 days of different apps.

"Please join us in this 10-day celebration and check in every day to see what new apps our developer partners are making available on Android Market—for only a dime."

Frigging excellent.

Delicious.

I feel like I should just buy all the apps, even if they're not compatible with my Nexus One, so that when I get my Galaxy Nexus next month they'll work perfectly. Good idea yeah? :)

Toki767

I used the free version of Soundhound and love it, so why not pay up for just 10 cents. I also bought Swiftkey, since I owned the Tablet version. That said, ICS keyboard is really fucking good!! I wonder if Google implemented the Blind Type code into this update.

I love the ICS keyboard too. Swiftkey X is really nice too. The neon theme really matches the ICS color scheme. That said, I still really like Swype cause it allows me to type fairly quickly with just a thumb.

Delicious.

I feel like I should just buy all the apps, even if they're not compatible with my Nexus One, so that when I get my Galaxy Nexus next month they'll work perfectly. Good idea yeah? :)
Can't see how you can go wrong, unless it's an app you have no interest in. It'll be 10 dollars for 100 apps and they are very good quality ones too.

iavi

Delicious.

Unless they're apps you would never use to begin with, hell yeah that's a good idea. I'm doing the same with my Evo4G.

e: beaten!

dabig2

Man, finally able to get through. Downloaded all of them :)

Good use of a dollar I must say. What's even better is that I see that the HP touchpad is now fully recognized in the market (could only download apps via the market app). When did that happen? Because it's awesome!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I just spent money on a software keyboard and I'm not sure how I feel about that.
I am typing on a software keyboard I paid 10c for and it is pretty sweet.
PS Any one having issues with making purchases, all mine are installed but the purchase didn't go through correctly.

panda21

i was super close to buying swiftkey full price yesterday.

i noticed read it later pro in the promo image, can't wait to get that.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Grabbed Minecraft. Didn't even really want it but at 10p for the full thing I wanna make my Minecraft obsessed flatmate (iPhone owner) jealous.

None of the other ones really step out for me today, looking forward to this sale though.

Cudder

I am typing on a software keyboard I paid 10c for and it is pretty sweet.
PS Any one having issues with making purchases, all mine are installed but the purchase didn't go through correctly.

I bought 2 apps through the Market website and although it said error on purchase on the site for one, it still installed. It later corrected itself, though. Check to see if you get the email confirming the purchase.

Toki767

Just realized I was charged 11 cents for SoundHound instead of 10 cents. Should I demand a remand?
Joking of course. A penny isn't a big deal.

dream

All this Read It Later talk reminds me that I still need a good Instapaper client that uses the official API.

Threi

notag
no way to pay for these without a credit card? :(

Wish google would allow you to link your bank account like paypal...

Blackhead

Redarse
C&D, Google Apps are proprietary. CM used to modify them very early on, but they got got.

There's a few people on XDA modifying Google Apps, but I personally don't feel comfortable using modded apps that are tied to my main google account.
:| interesting. I'm surprised that there aren't patches like can be found on all other platforms. Can you share a couple links to what's available?

kehs

Banned
:| interesting. I'm surprised that there aren't patches like can be found on all other platforms. Can you share a couple links to what's available?

It's usually really small visual stuff, but some guys go deeper, this guy basically reverted a function they took away from third parties from gmail(notification counter).

Swig_

I just got an Android phone a little over a month ago..

How do you manage paid apps/accounts? With iOS, you have an account with iTunes and that's your portal. It doesn't seem to have anything like this.

It's kind of annoying, because it switches google accounts when I check my email on different accounts. Then, if I download an app, it goes under whichever account I happened to last check my mail on.. so I have all my apps split between 3 different accounts.

Is there a way to change or fix this, or should I just not check several email accounts on my phone?

Galaxy S2, if anyone needs to know.

reKon

Banned
you should have just had it under one gmail account as this IS your portal=/

not sure if there's a way to merge everything

dream

Has there been any word on an official Instapaper android app, or does the dev still hate android?

Marco still loathes Android but he does have a Kindle Fire for testing, so I'm hoping Amazon has made Android inoffensive enough for him to write a client.

Whats the best android phone on the market right now for verizon? Simple question, hoping for a simple answer
lol yeah right

EDIT: After reading around some people are excited about the Nexus? Comes out friday? Should I just get that?

reKon

Banned
Whats the best android phone on the market right now for verizon? Simple question, hoping for a simple answer
lol yeah right

Right this moment? The Razr or the Rezound depending on what you're looking for. Wait until this Friday and it will be the Galaxy Nexus.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
lol yeah right

EDIT: After reading around some people are excited about the Nexus? Comes out friday? Should I just get that?

Just get that.

reKon

Banned
Kay awesome. Should I just preorder it to be safe or should it not be a big deal to waltz in there on friday?

Funny thing you ask that, lol. It's pretty much going to seem like the phone doesn't exist come Friday because it seems that the Razr is getting all the love due to some probable short term agreement where no other phone other than Rezound is allowed to be mentioned. I think the general consensus is that you'll be able to preorder starting thursday?

Futureman

I didn't hear anyone mention Endomondo. I love that app, and $0.10 for the pro version is a no brainer.

I think I might also pick up Minecraft today just out of curiousity.

I really hope World of Goo and Chu Chu are involved in this deal.

Futureman

This is a long shot, but if anyone is signing a new 2 year contract on Verizon in Pittsburgh soon, I have a $50 off Android smartphone coupon. Must use at Oakland/Shadyside Verizon store. PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom