• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got done talking to someone in a Verizon store. I asked about the nexus and my representative (or whatever they're called) frantically searched through his tablet looking for anything saying he didn't know anything about it. I was all like its cool, I've worked retail I know they don't tell you anything. Luckily a manager overheard and said preorders for them start Thursday, they should have a demo up to play with then. Luckily I'm in no rush to replace my phone.

Keyouta

I'd like to take advantage of the 10 cent on those apps but am not currently using an android phone. How can I buy them? I have an Acer liquid e lying around though, but it isn't connected to a cell network, just Wi-Fi, could I link my Google account to it and get the apps that way?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'd like to take advantage of the 10 cent on those apps but am not currently using an android phone. How can I buy them? I have an Acer liquid e lying around though, but it isn't connected to a cell network, just Wi-Fi, could I link my Google account to it and get the apps that way?
dunno about the acer, but if you are just looking to add the apps to your library market.android.com and buy on your google account that you plan to use on your android phone(s)

wario

another pic of the nozomi from sony ericsson

sony-ericsson-xperia-arc-hd-nozomi-hk.jpg

EDIT: another pic

085914pdo3kkzzvplpbwkk.jpg

Keyouta

dunno about the acer, but if you are just looking to add the apps to your library market.android.com and buy on your google account that you plan to use on your android phone(s)

I'm buying a Galaxy Nexus in January so that's why I'd like to get in on the deal.

Edit: Got it working.

Also, that Nozomi is very nice looking.

kehs

Banned
another pic of the nozomi from sony ericsson

http://www.techorz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/sony-ericsson-xperia-arc-hd-nozomi-hk.jpg[IMG]

EDIT: another pic

[IMG]http://seat.it168.com/attachment/forum/201112/07/085914pdo3kkzzvplpbwkk.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Those capacitive buttons are very unique, they look like permament HC/ICS Hidden buttons.

Kinda digging it.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
lol @ .10 apps

7 of those apps were given away free on Amazon including SwiftKey X

I got rid of all apps from Amazon uninstalled the Amazon Appstore. I don't want that shit running in the background gathering info about me.

joaomgcd

Why does everyone prefer Switfkey to Swype? I find Swype much faster!... With only 3 predictions for every next word, Swiftkey just can't predict well enough to be usable for me.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Why does everyone prefer Switfkey to Swype? I find Swype much faster!... With only 3 predictions for every next word, Swiftkey just can't predict well enough to be usable for me.

Same here and I have been using Swiftkey X since its release on the amazon app store, just last weekend switched back to swype beta and I prefer it much much much better instead of Swiftkey. I guess this falls under different strokes for different folks.

Mr_Zombie

Swiftkeys predictions are so good that very often I don't even have to write anything - all sentences, word by word, are already predicted :D.

Anyway, is there a way to buy an app from market even if your phone isn't compatible with the app? I want that SketchBook Mobile because fuck it, it's 0.10$ and the app is awesome from what I've heard, but Market says that because it won't run on my phone (old LG Swift that I'm planning to replace next year anyway) I can't even buy it :/.

bedlamite

mmmm Nozomi...it looks good

Then again the problem with SE handsets isn't their aesthetics, it's always been the underpowered CPUs in them

panda21

nozomi looks hawk. love the bottom bit.

whats up with the new ADW launcher EX?? the dock bar is super ugly and looks nothing like ICS, and there is no option to change it?!

panda21

I reverted to a back up. Couldn't stand it.

Yeah it looks like a Mac skin and an ics skin had a deformed child that they shoehorned into a bad ADW theme.

In SwiftKey is there an easy way to switch to lowercase for stuff like usernames? Without switching it off everywhere?

Revoh

So I installed CyanogenMod 7.1 stable on my Galaxy S GT-i9000 and I couldn't be happier because the phone is so fast right now. I do have a few problems though.. My WiFi connection keeps dropping every few minutes, something that didn't happen on Darky, and my mobile data network isn't working because I think it doesn't support the 850 Mhz band out of the box. Google tells me that I need to flash a different radio, this is where I'm lost. What file should use to flash it?

My baseband version is currently: I9000XXJVK

Thanks in advance.

ana

So I installed CyanogenMod 7.1 stable on my Galaxy S GT-i9000 and I couldn't be happier because the phone is so fast right now. I do have a few problems though.. My WiFi connection keeps dropping every few minutes, something that didn't happen on Darky, and my mobile data network isn't working because I think it doesn't support the 850 Mhz band out of the box. Google tells me that I need to flash a different radio, this is where I'm lost. What file should use to flash it?

Thanks in advance.

Do you have sleep mode on in wifi?

Swiftkeys predictions are so good that very often I don't even have to write anything - all sentences, word by word, are already predicted :D.
this. it's a landslide victory when predicting full sentences just happens over and over.

Anyway, is there a way to buy an app from market even if your phone isn't compatible with the app? I want that SketchBook Mobile because fuck it, it's 0.10$ and the app is awesome from what I've heard, but Market says that because it won't run on my phone (old LG Swift that I'm planning to replace next year anyway) I can't even buy it :/.
i dunno if it'll work, but try the website on a pc: https://market.android.com/

zbeeb

Bought swiftkey even though I already got it on Amazon... prefer to use the market.

I just wish swiftkey had some better themes, I really don't like the way any of its keyboards look.

I guess ill stick with thumb keyboard in the meantime. Continues to work awesome :)

panda21

am i just being dumb and there is a way to change the dock background in ADW EX now? it says you can in the features but I can't find it anywhere.

also apparently it will be in the sale soon. totally worth it (once they fix the ugly in the current version, which I'm sure they will).

Angst

Thanks in advance.

Try one of the other basebands: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1131950&highlight=modem

I'm using I9100XXKI3

So someone I know lost their phone and now I've been looking into what my options are once I lose mine or once it gets stolen. Anyone here use any app that would be useful in case of a stolen phone? I have a galaxy s and samsung has some kind of mobile tracker thing that if someone inserts a new sim card into your phone, sends you that phone number. Seems useful, anyone use it? Anyone use any other apps or something?

So someone I know lost their phone and now I've been looking into what my options are once I lose mine or once it gets stolen. Anyone here use any app that would be useful in case of a stolen phone? I have a galaxy s and samsung has some kind of mobile tracker thing that if someone inserts a new sim card into your phone, sends you that phone number. Seems useful, anyone use it? Anyone use any other apps or something?

Lookout Security and Antivirus will let you locate your phone on Google Maps, even if it's turned off; allow you to make it sound an incredibly loud siren; and the pay version allows for remote wipe/lock.

New apps today:
Flick Golf
Reckless Racing
AirSync by doubleTwist
Read It Later Pro
Beautiful Widgets
Christmas HD
Fruit Ninja
Star Chart
NFL Rivals

last app still not found yet (until they update)

Your loss, they give away some pretty nice apps.

Amazon app store is a POS. That's the ONLY thing they're good for.

Gianny

I bought 4 of the apps that are .10 cents, but now when I click ACCEPT & START Download, it just gets stuck on "Starting Download"

Is soo freaking annoying. This is causing me to hate Android today. Even Touchpad was easy.

Oozer3993

I bought 4 of the apps that are .10 cents, but now when I click ACCEPT & START Download, it just gets stuck on "Starting Download"

Is soo freaking annoying. This is causing me to hate Android today. Even Touchpad was easy.
I had the same problem this morning. Just go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Market and Clear Cache and Force Stop. Then bring up the Market and the apps should start downloading.

Angst

Lookout Security and Antivirus will let you locate your phone on Google Maps, even if it's turned off; allow you to make it sound an incredibly loud siren; and the pay version allows for remote wipe/lock.
If you want to attempt to locate your phone after it's been lost you can try: Plan B

Gianny

I had the same problem this morning. Just go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Market and Clear Cache and Force Stop. Then bring up the Market and the apps should start downloading.

Unfortunately that is not working> :( Why is this soo freaking complicated, yet my free apps and those from Getjar, can update without problems.

tino

Banned

Try long press the download and cancel it. Download again. Works for me every time

Gianny

Nothing is working, I downloaded a free app from the market and in 2 seconds downloaded. This is freaking stupid, I have a 6 emails now on my gmail account as receipts of my purchases.

Circle T

am i just being dumb and there is a way to change the dock background in ADW EX now? it says you can in the features but I can't find it anywhere.

also apparently it will be in the sale soon. totally worth it (once they fix the ugly in the current version, which I'm sure they will).
ADW Settings --> Themes Preferences --> Main Dock --> Custom/Theme/None/etc

Isn't that where you do that? I've never changed the dock, but that is where I always thought you did it.

Futureman

Nothing is working, I downloaded a free app from the market and in 2 seconds downloaded. This is freaking stupid, I have a 6 emails now on my gmail account as receipts of my purchases.

did you try buying and installing right from market.andriod.com? If it's hanging on your phone, try it with the browser.

dream

Eric Schmidt was addressing the crowd at Le Web in Paris and recounted a tale when an Android user asked why apps were often written for iOS first, and then ported over to Google's OS. His response? "My prediction is that six months from now, you'll say the opposite." After the uncomfortable silence had died down, he added that Android's "open" model meant the company had volume on its side -- and volume is what he feels will attract developers.

Bookmarked to laugh at next June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom