• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehs

Banned
Yeah I've looked at it on a friends computer before and its extremely overwhelming but I figured if I had to I could sit down and learn. It appears not!

If you would take a look I would really appreciate it, it would finalize my phone homescreen which I've been trying to do for six months now. The .rar with the .psd inside it can be found at this mediafire link its in the sources folder. Password for folder access is: ezacx.deviantart.com

Essentially I want to change the lock grey icon into a camera icon, the magnifying glass into a navigation icon. Want to change the 0.7Camera to say 0.7Music with Spotify and Soundhound as text beneath, and switch the purple dock icon to a messaging one.

I really don't expect you to do any of that work to be honest, its a lot to ask.

Think I got everything. Let me know if there's something I forgot. I changed the pink to green to match the messaging icon though.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6157483/piedark2-bossMYVERSION.1.jpg

e: i just noticed the psd file. lol

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Nova Launcher Beta 3: http://www.droid-life.com/2012/08/0...es-with-the-jelly-bean-hotness/#disqus_thread

Everything actually feels faster on the stock animation settings. You can now fling to delete just like the stock launcer. Hopefully this fixes the strange double animations that I've seen when opening all apps. So far beta 3 has performed well.

Also, where is carbon?

They said it's 98% ready over 10 days ago..

As has been stated before he had a few big bugs he wanted to squash and during that time he decided to change up some stuff.

Google + Post on the Matter!

PS: If I want to install the Nova beta will it be a big pain in the arse, and can I easily uninstall it if I want to?

Mordeccai

Think I got everything. Let me know if there's something I forgot. I changed the pink to green to match the messaging icon though.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6157483/piedark2-bossMYVERSION.1.jpg

e: i just noticed the psd file. lol

I can't believe someone actually did this :'] Thank you so so much. You read my mind changing the purple to green!

I hate to nag but could you possibly change the icon next to the Music subheading to a pair of headphones/music note/anything music related? I noticed the camera icon was still there. And you did a damn good job finding icons that matched those grey ones, I emailed the guy and got no response and was puzzling on where to find some good matching ones.

reKon said:
iPhone 4 users rejoice?

I hope this app gets more overall use than Siri. That would be glorious. Siri is so slow and I hate the voice for some reason. I have been very impressed with Google Now on my GNex, I frequently use it to define words when I'm reading. Eliminated my need for the webster dictionary app.

kehs

Banned
I can't believe someone actually did this :'] Thank you so so much. You read my mind changing the purple to green!

I hate to nag but could you possibly change the icon next to the Music subheading to a pair of headphones/music note/anything music related? I noticed the camera icon was still there. And you did a damn good job finding icons that matched those grey ones, I emailed the guy and got no response and was puzzling on where to find some good matching ones.

You're crazy man, it is a pair of headphones.

(Updated the file, totally spaced on the camera icon, haha. No trouble btw.)

Emily Chu

Banned
You wont be forced off it if you pay full price for the phone. I got a GS3 preorder with Verizon so that I can lock in unlimited and get it at upgrade price. One last phone before buying off contract in the future. Based on the performance of the Gnex, I anticipate I will buy less than year old future Gnex or Galaxy devices unlocked and use them with my unlimited data.

wait he got it yesterday your telling me there was a way he could have kept his unlimited data and get it at upgrade pricing ?

how ? he didn't pre-order and wasn't there a certain date that if you didn't upgrade by then you have to switch over to 2GB cap if you didn't upgrade in time and want the upgrade pricing ?

DSN2K

Gone back to the ICS browser, chrome performance seems to have dropped over the last few days and it doesn't like Go keyboard.

ATT One X dev scene has slowed to a crawl I feel like...

Everyone is so in love with the sense ROMS and I'm like ew get that thing away from me.

I think they gave up on trying for S-OFF

Kernel source gets released and nobody even gives a shit because we moved onto 4.0.4..im sure they will release the source for 4.0.4 when jelly bean leaks and is near release.

I need one good AOSP ROM where everything works. Even more proof that my next phone needs to either be a Nexus or a GS4.

Is there anyway to trade this for a GS3?

If not at least the screen still looks good.

To top it all off though they might pull a skyrocket and release a One X+ with a tegra3 at 1.7ghz. T-Mobile might also get that one...plus it will probably have 2gb ram.

ep85

Everyone is so in love with the sense ROMS and I'm like ew get that thing away from me.
I was looking into rooting my One X since I'm still on 1.85 and haven't updated to 2.20 yet.

Which rom do you use and what sucks about it?

So there are two different rumors floating around the web today regarding One X redos for the fall with update specs... They seem to overlap though in info...

The 1st Rumor all comes from this Stuff.TV "Exclusive"...

These aren’t the first rumours we’ve heard about HTC’s follow-up to the One X (above), but they are the most extensive. Our trusty mole at the Taiwanese phone maker has dropped a load of specs our way, including the One X II’s codename – HTC Endeavour C2.

Alongside that encouraging codename, our source details a 1.7GHz quad-core processor beating in the Endeavour C2’s chest, plus an improved battery, a new colour (we’re not sure which) and bundled UrBeats earphones.

We’re told the HTC Endeavour C2 is compatible with the One X’s accessories, suggesting its design blueprint hasn’t fallen far from the tree.

On the software side HTC is adding ClearVoice to improve call quality and the Endeavour C2 will be the company’s first phone to run HTC Watch 2, the latest version of its video-on-demand offering.

Finally, we have some vague price and release date details, with UK network deals offering the phone for around £5 more a month than the One X and the HTC Endeavour C2 expected to hit shelves on or before October 1st.​

2nd rumor comes from the Mobile Indian...

HTC to announce Snapdragon S4 Pro next month
By Nilabh Jha, The Mobile Indian, New Delhi, August 08, 2012

The phone will have a 1.5 GHz quad core processor from Qualcomm, 2 GB RAM, and a 4.7 inch screen.

Qualcomm recently announced its first quad core mobile processor with Snapdragon S4 Pro, which boasts the best benchmarking scores amongst mobile processors.

And now, according to The Gadget Site, the first smartphone to get the processor will be from HTC. Most likely, it will be the flagship phone from HTC One and boasts a 4.7 inch screen with 720p resolution, and processor clocked at 1.5 GHz, Adreno 320 graphics processing unit and 2 GB of RAM. The device might be named HTC One XXL.

According to leaked screenshots the phone will also have an 8 megapixel rear and a 1.8 megapixel front camera. The smartphone is expected to be announced during the IFA 2012 event which is to be held from August 31 to September 5 in Berlin, Germany.

HTC has always had a close relationship with Qualcomm; they were the first to debut the Snapdragon S1 chipset years ago with Desire and were also the first to bring the S4 (in HTC One X) this year.

Qualcomm introduced its first quad core chip after almost a year of Nvidia introducing its Tegra 3 chipset. However, Qualcomm at that time had said that Android is not optimised for quad core processors and therefore it decided to soup up its dual core Snapdragon S4, which apparently had better performance than the Tegra 3.

The technical reason behind the astonishing lead in performance is the Krait core Qualcomm used for the S4. Compared to the Cortex A9 that other manufacturers use, including Samsung for its Exynos processor, the S4 Pro also uses an Adreno 320 GPU, which the company claims will double the speed of its past model.

Qualcomm has in fact begun selling a $1299 (Rs 72,000) tablet for developers running the S4 Pro, but it is for developers to create apps for the new processor. However, it also leads us to think that there will be tablets dotting the market based on this chip. We expect tablets to be announced at the IFA 2012 too.

In the ever changing tech world, Qualcomm currently sits on top above the others. Nvidia and Intel both garnered some attention in the past, but it was short-lived. The single core Atom processor by Intel initially seemed impressive but phones based on that processor received little coverage. As Qualcomm plans to reveal the S4 Pro at IFA 2012, Android enthusiasts hold their breath hopefully for the next monstrous processor.​

Rumored Leak Pic:
one-xxl.jpg

I'm guessing this is possibly related to the HTC Era 42 for T-Mobile. If so, I hope T-Mobile brands the phone part of the their G-series. Put stock Android on this phone, and I'm there.

ChanHuk

Banned
Alright I bought a Nexus 7, is there anyone kind enough to explain to me how to install flash? Otherwise this thing is going back.

rozay

Banned
wait he got it yesterday your telling me there was a way he could have kept his unlimited data and get it at upgrade pricing ?

how ? he didn't pre-order and wasn't there a certain date that if you didn't upgrade by then you have to switch over to 2GB cap if you didn't upgrade in time and want the upgrade pricing ?
You had to pre-order before that date to get the subsidized pricing with unlimited data.

rozay

Banned
So this thing is a piece of shit compared to the iPad. Everyone on the Nexus 7 thread keeps saying that its possible to sideload but no one will put in terms that an iOS user can install flash.
is it really that hard for iOS users to type "install flash nexus 7" in the google search box on the top right of their browser?

ChanHuk

Banned
is it really that hard for iOS users to type "install flash nexus 7" in the google search box on the top right of their browser?

Yeah because everything "just works" for us iOS folk. My friend touted flash works now it "doesn't". You can see why I'm upset.

rozay

Banned
......it doesn't "just work". True story. it did "just work" on my old Evo View tablet.
Did the video have directions easy enough for you to understand? It's not going to work on chrome, only firefox (I'm not sure about opera but I would wager no)

ChanHuk

Banned
Did the video have directions easy enough for you to understand? It's not going to work on chrome, only firefox (I'm not sure about opera but I would wager no)

It just works. I'm done with this thing. Its going back. I tried, community sucks, and support is almost nonexistant for someone non-geeky. I got Firefox beta installed and it won't go into landscape mode. I'm not a new Android user but shit I don't know this sideload bullshit. And what the fuck is the deal with portrait mode only on homescreen on a tablet?

Kernel source gets released and nobody even gives a shit because we moved onto 4.0.4..im sure they will release the source for 4.0.4 when jelly bean leaks and is near release.

I need one good AOSP ROM where everything works. Even more proof that my next phone needs to either be a Nexus or a GS4.

To top it all off though they might pull a skyrocket and release a One X+ with a tegra3 at 1.7ghz. T-Mobile might also get that one...plus it will probably have 2gb ram.
i hope you can trade it for a GS3.

Like flash.

like proper IRC!

reKon

Banned
It just works. I'm done with this thing. Its going back. I tried, community sucks, and support is almost nonexistant for someone non-geeky. I got Firefox beta installed and it won't go into landscape mode. I'm not a new Android user but shit I don't know this sideload bullshit. And what the fuck is the deal with portrait mode only on homescreen on a tablet?

Lol, it almost seems like you're having a meltdown. Since flash is not suppose to be on Jelly bean, I hope you understand why it's a little more it may be complicated to side load it. I haven't tried and haven't needed to because I don't use flash much anymore.

It's a shame though about the app situation with tablets because if there was the same quality of big apps, then the Nexus 7 would definitely be the right choice. You can go ahead and blame the developers for that one for half assing (I know it harder to develop on Android, but you shouldn't be releasing much worse apps than the iOS counterpart or not releasing timely updates at all *cough* HBO GO).

Personally with my HP touchpad I have all the games and apps I need. What do I do primarily on the tablet? Surf, listen to music, and watch TV (Netflix) and that's good enough for me. I don't know what you wanted to do on your Nexus 7, but it honestly seems like you're over reacting about everything.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Honestly post the new AT&T update everything for me personally does just work now with stock sense. The 2 or 3 small issues I had are gone. I can understand why people don't want to lose their root if they already have it though.

As for the Skyrocket like One X + you should just expect newer better stuff every 6 months or so in Android land. It's just the world we live in at least in Android land.

tino

Banned

"Sideload" is the same exact process to install an application on Windows or OSX. You sound like you don't know how to setup
a camping tent or light the charcoal in a BBQ grill.

How did you manage to find this |OT| thread anyway?

ChanHuk

Banned
"Sideload" is the same exact process to install an application on Windows or OSX. You sound like you don't know how to setup
a camping tent or light the charcoal in a BBQ grill.

How did you manage to find this |OT| thread anyway?

The same way I found your ***** *******, *click* *click* *click*

So what you're telling me is that Android is the same as a computer? I see why people like it and others who enjoy using their appliances don't.

Mordeccai

The same way I found your ***** *******, *click* *click* *click*

So what you're telling me is that Android is the same as a computer? I see why people like it and others who enjoy using their appliances don't.

We get it, dude. Android isn't for you. I got the OG droid when I was 16, googled how to root, side load, use adb and command terminals, and made android how I wanted it.

If your android device doesn't do what you want it to stock (and by no means does the Nexus 7 lack in stock features), and you won't put forward the effort to Google and learn how to accomplish what you want done (and on android you can do almost anything), nobody is going to cry for you.

If you prefer iOS's functional but locked operating system then that's perfectly fine but the hostility in your posts isn't productive for anyone. If you were to detail for us what exactly you don't understand about loading flash into your device, we would gladly walk you through it. The youtube video linked is very succinct. If a step didnt work reboot your tablet or redownload the firefox app, yes, smartphones will occasionally hiccup just like a pc will. I understand all of the vocabulary and information is a lot to digest but you aren't the first person to ask your questions and there are faqs all over the internet that very simply detail the basics.

FYI flash will soon disappear because HTML5 is gradually being integrated. So I hope you don't get too attached to it.

Also side loading is as easy as googling "insert file name here".apk, going to settings and enabling unknown sources app installation in your Security subheading, going to your .apk file with a file browser, clicking it and selecting install.

Guys, I'm having serious problems with my SG2 camera. There can sometimes be a pink spot in the centre plus the camera never focuses correctly (auto and macro) leaving every photo and video blurry.

At first I thought it was fine till others kept pointing out that the photos looked "foggy". The square in the middle almost always comes out red, when it does go green it still looks terrible.

Can someone help me out?

Guys, I'm having serious problems with my SG2 camera. There can sometimes be a pink spot in the centre plus the camera never focuses correctly (auto and macro) leaving every photo and video blurry.

At first I thought it was fine till others kept pointing out that the photos looked "foggy". The square in the middle almost always comes out red, when it does go green it still looks terrible.

Can someone help me out?

This should help http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1443658

I suggest you update to ICS if you haven't though. Personally I run CM9 so I have no problems with the camera. Granted, I didn't have any problems before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom