• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseMath

I hadn't heard about the lack of GG on the Nexus. :( The more I see and hear, the more disappointed with the Nexus I get...and other than the initial lack of ICS and the built-in battery, I'm think the RAZR might be the way to go for Android fans this fall.

JasonMCG said:
I hadn't heard about the lack of GG on the Nexus. :( The more I see and hear, the more disappointed with the Nexus I get...and other than the initial lack of ICS and the built-in battery, I'm think the RAZR might be the way to go for Android fans this fall.

The Nexus S didn't use Gorilla Glass. Why would the Galaxy Nexus? Does Corning even make curved glass for displays?

Gorilla Glass isn't the end-all, be-all for reinforced glass. The Nexus S was ridiculously durable, thanks to its curved glass, which not only distributes the pressure better than flat glass, but also keeps the screen slightly out of reach of the pavement should it land face-down.

In short, this is a non-story.

Vyse The Legend said:
The Nexus S didn't use Gorilla Glass. Why would the Galaxy Nexus? Does Corning even make curved glass for displays?

This is supposedly the reason why there's no Gorilla Glass on the Galaxy Nexus, because of the curved glass. However, Samsung has stated that the display will still be a form of "fortified" glass, just not GG specifically.

**crosses fingers**

gcubed

SimleuqiR said:

sorry!

really? the RAZR has a qhd pentile display and a 4430 processor. Both worse. A non removable battery, worse. Why again would you say that the RAZR is any better? Because it uses a piece of marketing glass?

SimleuqiR

walbertsmith said:
Hands on with ICS.. nothing new really, but some of the screenshots are mildly interesting

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone...es/hands-on-ice-cream-sandwich-review-1036402

I'm really excited about the keyboard update. I know there are many choices for keyboards on Android, but I've always been a bit partial to the stock keyboard on Gingerbread. Happy to hear they have improved it.

These don't look half bad:
http://phandroid.com/2011/10/25/imw...digital-watch-and-it-looks-pretty-good-video/

http://youtu.be/IAcftDhEVR4

home_slide_jewel-550x331.jpg

Tek

Is there something I need to setup to get Facebook notifications on my Galaxy S2?

I went into the settings of the app, not seeing a option for notifications for posts or comments, just like messages and events.

There is no way this thing doesn't do push notifications for FB is there?

zedge

Tek said:
Is there something I need to setup to get Facebook notifications on my Galaxy S2?

I went into the settings of the app, not seeing a option for notifications for posts or comments, just like messages and events.

There is no way this thing doesn't do push notifications for FB is there?
Since the last update they have not worked..

My Archos G9 80 was dispatched today, should be with me tomorrow. Looking forward to some budget Honeycomb goodness.

And I saw some live shots of the Razr today, damn that thing is big. Slim, but too wide and long compared to other 4.3" offerings. Shame.

FYI - Facebook iOS app is shit too. Redraws, really long loading times, comments/likes not showing up for photos or giving you a different photo's comments/likes erroneously. It's just all bad.

So, HTC is announcing the Vigor/Rezound for Verizon next week.

Ready for the HTC Rezound? After a couple of weeks of talking about the Galaxy Nexus and DROID RAZR, HTC is ready to take back some of the spotlight with their latest creation. Press invites are going out for an event in NYC that they have set for next Thursday, November 3, which we are all assuming is going to be the unveiling of their Verizon Beats-equipped phone.

We gave you the first pictures and specs of this phone months ago and are excited to see it finally come to stores. Current time lines would suggest that we will see it on November 10. With an announcement happening on the 3rd, I’d say the 10th is certainly doable. You all know how Big Red loves their Thursdays.

You haven’t all written off this phone have you? With its HD screen and 1.5GHz dual-core processor, it will be a beast.

According to leaked Verizon documents, it's suppose to launch on the 10th, alongside the Galaxy Nexus. If they announce that date next week, it should lend credibility to the GNex date too.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, Verizon is having another HUGE Android push.

Also, whats this business about HTC hooking us all up with 5gigs of Dropbox?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Exactly what it sounds like. All Dropbox accounts on HTC android will get free 5GB instead of the standard 2GB. Some people are already reporting a quota increase.

gcubed

AndyD said:
Exactly what it sounds like. All Dropbox accounts on HTC android will get free 5GB instead of the standard 2GB. Some people are already reporting a quota increase.

what about my HTC Nexus 1?!

There's an offer on the Galaxy Tab 10.1, I'm going to have to give up on my laptop soon to build a new PC. I'm just wondering if the Galaxy Tab is a good tablet that can be used as my main device for at least 3 months?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Greyface said:
Install Sense on it and you too shall receive HTC's blessing
Oh ok, I must have read some twitter confusion. I thought it was ALL Android users.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
jonnybryce said:
FYI - Facebook iOS app is shit too. Redraws, really long loading times, comments/likes not showing up for photos or giving you a different photo's comments/likes erroneously. It's just all bad.
It was shit, but they recently released a completely revamped version that is nothing like the original app. Runs very fast now and allows you to easily switch between different sections. I'd assume an Android port is in the works as it's much better than the previous app.

minus

Banned
Android is definitely improving fast. We're working hard to make a new version of our Minus app for Android and Honeycomb.

kamil

Neo Member
gcubed said:
really? the RAZR has a qhd pentile display and a 4430 processor. Both worse. A non removable battery, worse. Why again would you say that the RAZR is any better? Because it uses a piece of marketing glass?

Has it been confirmed that Razr has a pentile screen?

kehs

Banned
Shepard said:
S2>Nexus>Razr

What in the Nexus is better than the S2 besides the OS?

Definitely not that 2/3rd's of screen they're trying to bamboozle people into believe is a 720p display, that's for sure.

Copernicus said:
Definitely not that 2/3rd's of screen they're trying to bamboozle people into believe is a 720p display, that's for sure.

what do you mean? it's not 720p now? I really don't understand this pentile screen technology...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom