• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdlow

Google really needs to add an option to make it so that it shows how much % you have left on your battery than just the icon. One reason I usually switch to Cyanogenmod and not stick to stock.

I really can't believe that they haven't added something that simple. And I was also surprised when my S4 arrived and I noticed that Samsung didn't change that. It's the same thing as stock android, but with the ugly touchwiz green.

Groof

I really can't believe that they haven't added something that simple. And I was also surprised when my S4 arrived and I noticed that Samsung didn't change that. It's the same thing as stock android, but with the ugly touchwiz green.

You can show battery percentage on Touchwiz.

vdlow

You can show battery percentage on Touchwiz.

surprised.gif

Tried to find this option and failed miserably. Found after your post. lol

Groof

I like the trade off of having it in DashClock to keep my status bar clean. Wouldn't mind having the option on stock, though.

I like how showing fucking battery percentage is like some special thing on android. Shit should be built in since the beginning. Design 101.
yeah..its kinda weird why such a simple thing is overlooked..
touchwiz had it
Sense 5 with 4.2.2 has it now.

I still don't understand the need to have a percentage.

That's shits not even accurate to being with.

um....more accurate than a tiny lil battery icon ...

If they have big changes for 5.0, it's gonna take a while for those features to become 'mainstream'. If the changes are big, so will OTA updates for skinned phones take longer than they are already. Nexus owners will benefit, but these are not the majority.

A weird situation they put themselves in...

Google Now update with the TV and Offers cards that were seen in the leaked 4.3 rom.

Also there was an update to World of Goo, now has integrated Google features (leaderboards and achievements).

gcubed

Google Now update with the TV and Offers cards that were seen in the leaked 4.3 rom.

Also there was an update to World of Goo, now has integrated Google features (leaderboards and achievements).

it was seen before the 4.3 ROM, Google announced the update

Groof

They seriously need to create a dedicated section of the Play Store for games that support the Play Games services.

that's weird, I can't remember the last iOS device I've had that didn't have the feature.

Ah it was added since the iphone 3GS. So you must have had the OG ipod touch. Still though. That was what...2009 lol. 4 or so years ago.

I had a 4th Gen Touch. Apple doesn't care about the Touch's in that regard, they are the only iOS devices that can't show the battery percentage.

I had a 4th Gen Touch. Apple doesn't care about the Touch's in that regard, they are the only iOS devices that can't show the battery percentage.

that's interesting, I wonder what the reason is. There must be one, doubt they took it out for ipods for no reason when iphones/ipads have had them for a while.

deim0s

Maybe someone has a solution to a problem...

I have an old Samsung Galaxy W - i keep trying to re-root it and it fails, even the original rooting method via stock recovery and update.zip (power, up volume, and home button) won't root it.

Also this fone is stuck on getting IP addresses on the wifi - but using a static ip works. Router has 12 slots free for dhcp.

Any advice?

Also... what's the verdict on Alcatel's OneTouch devices - build construction, updates and support?

Threi

notag
Oh ok. I used to always have battery percentage enabled in CM10 because i though i couldn't live without it...then i just stopped caring and left it at the default icon.

I have one more question, though maybe no one has an answer. So I have two phones on my 700 family plan line. My smartphone has unlimited data and my wife has a basic phone. So no data. We both have upgrades. I'm wondering if I could potentially use her upgrade to get a new smartphone, then deactivate, activate her old phone, then transfer an upgrade to it. Then I would activate the new smartphone on my line and hopefully keep the unlimited data and allow her to still get a smartphone, but a different one?

Jigolo

I hope key lime pie really changes the color palette to something other than that god awful blue in the notification bar and app drawer. Notification bar always looks hideous during the lockscreen and almost every app that doesn't look good with blue. ex. Google music, spotify, Note, G+, etc, etc. (Almost every app). Google needs more colors in KLP.

They should bring back the white and green and add some transparency to Android. HTC's notification bar looks great and Google should do something like this:

Also the on screen buttons need a major redesign. They don't look well with the design Google is starting to go with JB and future versions. The buttons are still from Honeycomb. Not only that but Google needs to give us a way to hide and bring the buttons out on command with a gesture or something. I need my FULL SCREEN apps. They should implement something like PIE.

Also obligatory: Keep adding butter. Still not as smooth as WP and iOS.

Those are some of the major gripes I have against Android right now. Here's hoping 5.0 is a huge update as ICS was.

Also KLP for G Nex pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom