• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

Google TV needs a Trojan horse. A cheap gaming console could be a way to trick people into it.

I'm sure Google would love to be in MS and Sony's position in the living room.

yeah, something no one wants. If apple can't make a dent, a disjointed and uninspired group working on the scraps of google tv aren't getting anywhere.

Does anyone have any recommendations for gallery apps? I recently switched from an iPhone 4S to a Galaxy S4 and the vanilla one seems somewhat lacking.

SimleuqiR

yeah, something no one wants. If apple can't make a dent, a disjointed and uninspired group working on the scraps of google tv aren't getting anywhere.

Gotta Samsung it and just keep throwing shit at the market to see what sticks.

Does anyone have any recommendations for gallery apps? I recently switched from an iPhone 4S to a Galaxy S4 and the vanilla one seems somewhat lacking.

What you looking for? Quickpic is nice.

Groof

Seriously, if they build in a game mode option into the Nexus Q2 or whatever, I can understand what they're going at. But if they're seriously thinking of making a full-on dedicated Android gaming console... I don't think so. They could even do one of those game/remote control hybrid lol

Groof

Yo Touchwiz apologists, please tell me why Touchwiz feels like it constantly needs to remind me that I have headphones plugged in? And while we're at it, why the fuck do notifications still play through the loud speaker as well as the headphones? WHAT THE FUCK?

Yo Touchwiz apologists, please tell me why Touchwiz feels like it constantly needs to remind me that I have headphones plugged in? And while we're at it, why the fuck do notifications still play through the loud speaker as well as the headphones? WHAT THE FUCK?

It seems pretty fucking obvious to me why that is. If you take your headphones off but leave them plugged in, you won't hear the notification unless it also plays through the speaker!

Groof

It seems pretty fucking obvious to me why that is. If you take your headphones off but leave them plugged in, you won't hear the notification unless it also plays through the speaker!
You know what, I'm gonna buy that explanation. Don't agree with it, but it sounds like the perfect backwards ass reason they have for it. I mean, the whole reason I plugged in headphones in the first place is to get the sound through them.

tino

Banned
What did I tell you? I said many times the nV Shield was basically a prototype Android game console pitch and shouldn't be release. I wouldn't be surprised at all if nV cancel the Shield alltogether and fold the project into the next Google console running Tegra4.

Gotta Samsung it and just keep throwing shit at the market to see what sticks.

What you looking for? Quickpic is nice.

I mostly want something where I can hide the camera roll and create the remainder of my folders myself and get rid of things like my flickr or blogger photo feeds.

Or can Gallery already do that?

Wow...the S4 & One Google edition is not even using AOSP framework, its using touchwiz/Sense frame work. Basically the Google edition are just touchwiz/sense without the touchwiz/sense launcher and its made to look like stock android Lol...

Makes sense..they already have the keyboard and camera as an APK.

Stock Google should just be a whole apk bundle..

Wow...the S4 & One Google edition is not even using AOSP framework, its using touchwiz/Sense frame work. Basically the Google edition are just touchwiz/sense without the touchwiz/sense launcher and its made to look like stock android Lol...

The Google Edition phones are so dumb. If you want stock, get a Nexus. Otherwise these phones are a dumbed down version of their counterparts and/or ghetto Nexuses (Nexi?).

That doesn't even make sense lol

I love it when I buy $700 phone on contract.......wait wut?

zedge

Anti stock brigade has their chests all out right now because its been a year since a major Android release that brought new stuff. 4.2.2 didnt add shit and wasnt a major shift at all. Its been so long they all arrogant up in here.

When that 5.0 hits and you dudes are waddling around for 6 months crying about your carriers blocking Hangout SMS/Voice call integration, and how everyone in Nexusland is chilling with good features and visual redesigns while you are stuck bloop blooping around on 4.2 I'm gonna laugh. Enjoy the moment you beasts! Our time is quickly approaching!

Dont care. If you stock people are so worried about version numbers just get an iphone. ;)

Although I guess it will be nice when stock catches up to tw and sense in features. By then tw and sense will be farther ahead though.

/runs

tino

Banned
The Google Edition phones are so dumb. If you want stock, get a Nexus. Otherwise these phones are a dumbed down version of their counterparts and/or ghetto Nexuses (Nexi?).

All you need to do is sign a new contract with a whatever phone (iPhone , S4 whatever), sell it on ebay so you can make about $400-$500 off that, turn around and buy the google phone off contract. How hard is that/

I'm running the Google Edition Rom on my One right now just to check it out.

it performs OK but it is dumbed down. Look wise, in my option Sense 5 is more aesthetically appealing. The tron + light holo mixture is not too good looking.

Looking for a phone for my father, any other phones I should consider in the $300 range apart from the Nexus 4?

How are the mid-range Sonys?

Edit: Forget I asked. Ordered the Nexus 4.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Of peeps care about updates they will get a nexus of not they will get something else but it's plain to see the skinned versions El something's better than stock android.

The verges article on the whole malarkey mentions other things the wall street journal article went through as well

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/6/27/4472000/google-developing-android-gaming-console-and-smartwatch-says-wsj
Seriously, the most important info coming out from that WSJ leak is about KLP.

What do we have here:

Fd5YdkS.png

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I hope the new Nexus Q is Apple TV like. Just Googlefied.

I hope the new Nexus Q is Apple TV like. Just Googlefied.

if they could somehow merge it with Google TV and scrap all those crap Google TV features, that would be nice. with some built in miracast too so we can get some screen mirroring...

also, down the line it will be nice if they release a version 2.0 that has a tegra 5 or something (not sure if that's the one with mobile kepler) but it would be nice if they're going to try to be a mini app/gaming machine.

DXPett1

Huge my ass, wake me up when google catch up on OEM's multi-app interface and bueiness/personal dual use option.

I love this feature in the new Blackberry OS. I do hope KLP can bring this but I fear the multi-user will prevent this ever happening

well the idea is google would release a low price box like the apple tv is. Not sure there is a good one for google tv.

Well there already are a couple sub $100 Google TV devices out there. No idea how good they are though. Seems like it's the same price point. Plus isn't the Q more than $100?

They're probably all shit no doubt about that. And yeah the Q is garbage as well. I'm assuming if they're giving it another go they're gonna take it seriously.

I'm assuming they want to get it done before apple includes app store support in apple tv.

this is why i use SoundAbout... because that audio decision is pure nonsense

almost as ridiculous as how the old Samsung phones used to put the sent/received sms in the call log...

*looks it up*

hahahahah oh wow holy shit

What did I tell you? I said many times the nV Shield was basically a prototype Android game console pitch and shouldn't be release. I wouldn't be surprised at all if nV cancel the Shield alltogether and fold the project into the next Google console running Tegra4.

If Nvidia keeps up with their usual Tegra release schedule, I don't think people are going to be interested. A Tegra 4 gaming console in 2015 makes as much sense as a Tegra 3 gaming console in 2013.

Well, I'm about to test run playing FFXIV ARR beta on my laptop, tethered to my Note II using Verizon 4G LTE. This should be an interesting real-world test case for laptop mobile gaming without access to landline Internet, instead using the cell network.

Servers come up in 10 minutes.

Guys:

Galaxy Note 2 or Vivo Xplay?

Note 3, coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom