• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokkir

What the hell is that event for anyway lol. Google Play just posted this:

ilc2Cw0.jpg

I'm just so happy canada isn't getting fucked on release. Now I just have to worry about getting my order in.

And yeah mobile syrup isn't some nobody site. Anyway a late October release is what we had assumed for a while. Lets do ettttttttttt.

jokkir

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
You can get a new ipad 2 for 499, and even then, that's already an illegal amount of money for an ipad 2

Yeah I was just going to say. You CLEANED UP on that ipad. Apple products are amazing at retaining value. Always in demand.
Honestly he got lucky. I've sold apple products for years now on craigslist/kijiji and the re-sale prices are gradually coming down. They're still better than any non apple used electronic, but they're coming down in my experience.

Yeah I was just going to say. You CLEANED UP on that ipad. Apple products are amazing at retaining value. Always in demand.

They really do retain their value for a while. My friend recently sold a 'like new' 3GS for around $180, if I remember correctly. I think that's quite a lot for something that old.

How do you guys think kitkat will run like on the nexus 4? Do android releases gimp 1 year old hardware like iOS does?

Or cut out features entirely like how siri easily could have worked on the previous iPhone (and was enabled through jailbreak I believe) but apple cut it from older phones to sell new devices. I hate that type of shit.

dubq

Shows up as available here in the US. Also I wouldn't recommend that case just for the fact it doesn't have sleep/wake.

Cool - thanks for checking that link. I am looking at a few different cases and I definitely want the sleep/wake feature that's for sure.

How do you guys think kitkat will run like on the nexus 4? Do android releases gimp 1 year old hardware like iOS does?

Or cut out features entirely like how siri easily could have worked on the previous iPhone (and was enabled through jailbreak I believe) but apple cut it from older phones to sell new devices. I hate that type of shit.
JB runs good even on older hardware than the N4, 4.4 should run pretty smooth.

I doubt they'll cut any software features.

Yoshiya

If kitkat couldn't run well on a decent quad-core cpu with 2GB of RAM something would be seriously messed up.

wasn't the rumour that kitkat would focus on the low-end android experience? something, as has been mentioned just before, WP has been much more successful with.

low end android is really unforgivably awful to this day.

all of you Nexus 7 2013 buyers need to be getting the LTE version with the T-Mobile SIM since they just want to give everyone a free 200 MB per month no strings attached.

this is the best deal for tablets and data since day 1.

plus i can get a daily or weekly allotment for $5 or $10 only for the day or week that i need it?

you guys should be going apeshit over this. overtime the LTE network will improve and this will be a great deal.

Protome

all of you Nexus 7 2013 buyers need to be getting the LTE version with the T-Mobile SIM since they just want to give everyone a free 200 MB per month no strings attached.

plus i can get a daily or weekly allotment for $5 or $10 only for the day or week that i need it?

you guys should be going apeshit over this. overtime the LTE network will improve and this will be a great deal.

I agree that it's definitely a good deal. Although personally, i'm already paying for 3GB of data a month i'm not using and i decided id rather tether than pay even more. So not all Nexus 7 buyers should be getting it.

I agree that it's definitely a good deal. Although personally, i'm already paying for 3GB of data a month i'm not using and i decided id rather tether than pay even more. So not all Nexus 7 buyers should be getting it.

that's the thing. you don't have to pay anything for 200mb, absolutely free

also insead of wasting money on 3 gb a month that you don't use, you could get a $5 daily or $10 weekly pass that you pay for extra data.

i've wasted 5 or 10 on worse things...

5 for 500mb for one day

10 for 1gb for one week

and if you pay nothing you still get the 200mb free for the month, just need a t-mobile SIM

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/23/4947704/t-mobile-makes-free-ipad-data-offer-official

panda21

this is interesting, because it appeared out of nowhere just before the secret googy event. if i remember correctly the same thing happened with some apps previously that became built in features of android (e.g swiftkey flow and the android keyboard). plus no one actually seems to have got into the beta yet.

maybe this means there will be some kind of geofenced location based switching of settings in kit kat, and cover got wind of this and released info early, when they arent ready to actually give out the beta yet.

also cover looks pretty awesome (longer video than the one on their hompy):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0oF92fuDIY

Ephemeris

I was regretting not going for the LTE version even before TMO announced that new hotness :(

JonnyBrad

this is interesting, because it appeared out of nowhere just before the secret googy event. if i remember correctly the same thing happened with some apps previously that became built in features of android (e.g swiftkey flow and the android keyboard). plus no one actually seems to have got into the beta yet.

maybe this means there will be some kind of geofenced location based switching of settings in kit kat, and cover got wind of this and released info early, when they arent ready to actually give out the beta yet.

also cover looks pretty awesome (longer video than the one on their hompy):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0oF92fuDIY

It will die on its ass like all lockscreen replacements if it can't hide the on screen buttons. Lockscreens are kind of pointless if you can just press the home button to get through.

I also don't understand why they need to replicate the built in app switching that's built in to android.

Zeppu

googy plz.

So basically, the play store event was the event. 24hrs for media to sort their shit together and then publish?

I WANTS IT.

aXfQ18x.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom