• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

I don't get that feeling in store honestly. So many costumers go nuts and their brain malfunctions if they don't see, for example, an app drawer button...

I have a good portion of costumers that seemingly can't deal with switching skins and it matters a bunch to them.

One has gotta wonder how the hell did those people were able to go from a feature phone to a smartphone...

Edit: I had a Samsung user a couple weeks ago that wouldn't let go of Samsung phones because you could swipe left or right in a contact in the contact list to either message or phone them instantly. Had to spend 90 minutes with him making him see that even though Huawei phones can't do that, they can do 20 things Samsung phones can't. Eventually he did buy the P10 Lite instead of the A3, but my God did I just feel like slapping him the whole way through.

I feel like slapping you for forcing something on someone they don't care about and disregarding what they actually want.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Mr.Shrugglesツ;238839672 said:
I feel like slapping you for forcing something on someone they don't care about and disregarding what they actually want.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

This to a large degree. Let people like what they like. I hate pushy sales people in this regard.

BahamutPT

So, my Nexus 6P just started bootlooping, yay...
It DOES boot after a while (like 5-10 minutes), however. Still, I'm sending it to warranty ASAP.

Edit: on a positive sidenote, my Google Photos icon returned with the last update. It's no longer the generic one, hooray!

Mr.Shrugglesツ;238839672 said:

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Haha, I obviously didn't tell the whole story. I get why you thought that was the case. The story wasn't supposed to be about my sale, but the fact many costumers do get attached to even the smallest of things, to the point they limit themselves on the choices they have, so I didn't want to write a wall of text.

The costumer was looking at A3 and A5 2017, but looked worried in his face. I joined in and we started talking for like 5 minutes, at which point I mentioned Huawei as alternative. He immediately reinforced he didn't want to leave Samsung because of the single reason I said. The swipe left/right on contact for call/messaging shortcut. I replied that it wasn't a justifiable argument for staying within Samsung, because it was such a small detail (I gotta argue, that's my job). He mentioned it was vital to him and couldn't leave Samsung. This talk was all light hearted talk by the way, in a good vibe. I wasn't even selling at this point, just chatting with him and he was in the mood too.

So obviously if I have to sell them Chinese phone I just had to give it a go in light hearted way. I just started showing some tricks with the fingerprint sensor. Then I showed a couple more tricks (double knock on screen to take screenshot ie) and said Huawei has a lot of cool tricks too that he might find even more helpful than the trick he told me in Samsung phones. I'm not even trying to sell him the phone at this point, just chatting with him and it got him thinking.

Suddenly he's balancing towards Huawei and I show some more stuff... And he's convinced by himself. I didn't even have to ask whether he really wanted it, he just decided by himself when I showed the final trick.

He returned to the store days later and thanked me with heart, he was super happy. He got what he wanted, but at a price that's better than the A5 2017 was.

Couple notes:
I would never force something on a costumer. But I know a lot do. I have to grab Apple fans every day to try and sell some of mine, but I never choose to be agressive, if you want an iPhone, that's okay, money is hard to get for everyone of us. I started considering a job in the industry when I helped friends choosing their phones, and I maintain that today. I always try to help a costumer, if I can't show you something better or that makes sense in the situation, I won't try and sell mine.

That Samsung feature the costumer mentioned is one of my top 5 favorite TouchWiz shortcuts/tricks. I always loved it and used it.

Edit: and of course I never felt like slapping him, I took a bit too much creative freedom with the choice of words there, but I regret putting it that way. I am negatively impressed by some costumers attachment to such small things, and if some costumers are like this, there are any more who care about skins, which was the point of discussion.

Now, being negatively impressed by some of these costumers, that doesn't mean I can't respect their likings in the end. One thought does not exclude the other. And I do respect, hence why I talked a lot with him in a light hearted way and he discussed a lot of things for a long time.

I actually loved him, because he did realize he was too attached to something that was not worth it, and he recognized there were advantages too on pursuing other opportunities rather than staying with the same. He is a rare costumer.

Mr.Shrugglesツ;238821081 said:
The problem with play devices is that they were all stripped down versions of another phone.

The essential is already stripped down, and there's no other version with features of it.

but people want stock Android.

IronRaven

Debating whether or not to spend my first paycheck from new job on a new phone or just save it towards my new PC build.

I love having this issue. :p

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Debating whether or not to spend my first paycheck from new job on a new phone or just save it towards my new PC build.

Seen Tekken 7 on PC? That would answer that question
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ap_resize.php

That blue brehs....

Jeffrey

depends on your savings and the phone cost and the % it is of your paycheck :p

honestly nothing that exciting yet, all the cool shit from china and reuben is june/july.

this_guy

you cannot be serious with this post

Are you stupid?

Serious question. Since you brought up the Google Play phones as a response to people wanting stock Android. Seriously you keep going with this because you don't want to be wrong on the internet but it makes you look stupid.

Then you move the goal post and say it's a reason people don't buy the phone.

So serious response only.

**To clarify - I'm calling your responses stupid. Really stupid. Please clarify yourself.

LeleSocho

Banned
Are you stupid?

Serious question. Since you brought up the Google Play phones as a response to people wanting stock Android. Seriously you keep going with this because you don't want to be wrong on the internet but it makes you look stupid.

Then you move the goal post and say it's a reason people don't buy the phone.

So serious response only.

**To clarify - I'm calling your responses stupid. Really stupid. Please clarify yourself.

You gotta be kidding me with this, i don't give a damn about "being wrong on the internet" but you can't say that people didn't really want a product because it didn't sell when they made it so hard to buy.
Let's say there's this pizzeria that makes in your opinion the best pizza in the world and you really want one... this pizzeria though is 50km from you it doesn't make delivery and it costs 25$ per pizza so in the end you decide to get one at the pizza hut across the street delivered right at your door for the price of 15$. Does that mean that you really didn't want that delicious pizza or that it was such an hassle to eat it despite its goodness that you decided on something else?

Now change the delicious pizza with Google Play Edition phones, the 50km and not delivery with the fact that only sold in the US and only online, the 25$ against the 15$ with the difference of unlocked phones against carrier subsidies and you get the situation.

this_guy

You gotta be kidding me with this, i don't give a damn about "being wrong on the internet" but you can't say that people didn't really want a product because it didn't sell when they made it so hard to buy.
Let's say there's this pizzeria that makes in your opinion the best pizza in the world and you really want one... this pizzeria though is 50km from you it doesn't make delivery and it costs 25$ per pizza so in the end you decide to get one at the pizza hut across the street delivered right at your door for the price of 15$. Does that mean that you really didn't want that delicious pizza or that it was such an hassle to eat it despite its goodness that you decided on something else?

Now change the delicious pizza with Google Play Edition phones, the 50km and not delivery with the fact that only sold in the US and only online, the 25$ against the 15$ with the difference of unlocked phones against carrier subsidies and you get the situation.

Seems like you do give a damn with this incessant rant that has nothing to do with anything. So you're kidding with this post right?

If buying electronics on the internet is hard for you then I can understand how you don't follow any of this.

Quixzlizx

Seems like you do give a damn with this incessant rant that has nothing to do with anything. So you're kidding with this post right?

If buying electronics on the internet is hard for you then I can understand how you don't follow any of this.

You're the one coming off as intentionally stupid here. Maybe you don't live in the US?

I bet most people don't even know they can buy unlocked phones instead of going into a carrier/Apple/Best Buy store and buying one there.

GPE phones also weren't marketed at all, so I bet most people didn't even know they existed. I only knew they existed due to this thread.

Pretty sure that several successful pizza places exist that only sell $25 whole pies

And people fly across the world to try it out

LeleSocho

Banned

You know what? I'm over this, i'm tired of deconstructing what i say to a lower level of complexity every single time just because one wants to be stubborn.
There's no worse deaf than the one who does not want to listen.

Congrats you won the internet argument that you hold so dear.

this_guy

You're the one coming off as intentionally stupid here. Maybe you don't live in the US?

I bet most people don't even know they can buy unlocked phones instead of going into a carrier/Apple/Best Buy store and buying one there.

GPE phones also weren't marketed at all, so I bet most people didn't even know they existed. I only knew they existed due to this thread.

What's your argument? People aren't smart enough to know they can buy unlocked phones, yet these people are clamoring for stock Android? That doesn't make sense.

Yes I live in the US.

You know what? I'm over this, i'm tired of deconstructing what i say to a lower level of complexity every single time just because one wants to be stubborn.
There's no worse deaf than the one who does not want to listen.

Congrats you won the internet argument that you hold so dear.

Great you're arguments went off on a tangent. Showing demand exists for a product by giving excuses why the product doesn't sell does not prove demand was there.

Quixzlizx

What's your argument? People aren't smart enough to know they can buy unlocked phones, yet these people are clamoring for stock Android? That doesn't make sense.

Yes I live in the US.

Great you're arguments went off on a tangent. Showing demand exists for a product by giving excuses why the product doesn't sell does not prove demand was there.

I said they aren't informed, not that they aren't intelligent enough to do it. I even mentioned that I never would've known GPE phones existed if not for this thread, unless you think I'm only barely "smart enough" to buy a GPE phone.

You keep seeming to conflate the two.

this_guy

I said they aren't informed, not that they aren't intelligent enough to do it. I even mentioned that I never would've known GPE phones existed if not for this thread, unless you think I'm only barely "smart enough" to buy a GPE phone.

You keep seeming to conflate the two.

So people that aren't informed of unlocked phones and stock Android are clamoring for stock Android?

Jeffrey

Mr.Shrugglesツ;238925877 said:
Give me that $8 supreme from little ceasers.

On a related note.

I'm loving this Blu R1 Plus.
Last time I had little ceasars was that bacon wrapped one. Was nice

llehuty

Claims that there is a demand of something
Gets angry when people ask for receipts to back that claim and is unable to deliver.

Also this:

I'm not questioning that there is a demand, but it's obviously not enough to justify it, if they have already tried and failed.

ap_resize.php

That blue brehs....
That blue looks fantastic. Who decided that high tech can only have boring colours? I'm currently in love with my neon switch and I would love smartphone manufacturers making some bold stlistic choices like the one Nintendo took.

this_guy

Claims that there is a demand of something
Gets angry when people ask for receipts to back that claim and is unable to deliver.

Also this:

I'm not questioning that there is a demand, but it's obviously not enough to justify it, if they have already tried and failed.

That I agree with. I'd rather have stock Android, and I'm sure most people on this forum would too, but I wouldn't give up superior hardware, camera or battery life. As long as the skin isn't too horrible I can live with it.

Any LG G6 owners here? Thoughts on battery life? Camera quality?

Reviewers and YouTube user videos seem mixed.

Currently using mine as my daily driver. I'm on T-Mobile and the battery life is really good. I have AOD on at all times and it's still good. I Imagine if I turned it off it would be even better. The standby time is real. Usage is about 4.5 hours SOT. Camera is decent. It's abit slow to open the app that's the only real issue I have with it.

Currently using mine as my daily driver. I'm on T-Mobile and the battery life is really good. I have AOD on at all times and it's still good. I Imagine if I turned it off it would be even better. The standby time is real. Usage is about 4.5 hours SOT. Camera is decent. It's abit slow to open the app that's the only real issue I have with it.

Thanks. I'm torn between the V20 or G6.

V20 is bigger and has an S820 but is cheaper, has a removable battery and from all accounts a better camera.

G6 is more expensive and has an older camera sensor, but has S821, sleeker design and waterproofed.

Or there's the OP3T....

Fucking phones.

When you have shit like a Lumia 635 running Windows 10 Mobile with no lag in animations with fucking 512 MB of RAM, the need for "6GB RAM phones just so it is more fluid" it's totally ridiculous and idiotic.

Android is a fat cow of an OS, and stuttering with more RAM than $999 4GB laptops with cheap SSDs is ridiculous.

I mean, dude. The S835 can open the start menu in the Windows 10 ARM edition just fine and fast. Android? Yeeeeeehhhhhh, wait while stuff is closed.

Jeffrey, you weren't kidding about the Phone app on the S8. Samsung, dafuq did you do?

Windows Phone is dead. Let it go. /Frozen GIF

Its been awhile..whats good?

I swore off Sony phones since my the horrible Z5 premium experience.

But my stupid self is wanting to try the XZ premium.

Top Bottom