• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

Mr.Shrugglesツ;239005206 said:
Dxo and opo are working together ?
Yeah.
lIb3gvD.png

;)
Shenanigans.

Well, it's been a little over a month since I got my first Android phone. I'm liking it so far. I ended up getting used to the size. And my phone has only slipped out of my pocket once.

Jeffrey

Watched phone buff speed test between 4gb and 6gb ram s8 and it does hold stuff in memory better.

Should offer that in the US. I'd pay $100 more.

What phone did you get and how are you liking Android?

I got the LG G6. I'm liking Android. It's like I was in a time capsule before, so it's nice to see all the options I have to customize it to my liking. I'm using Arrow launcher and it works well for me. The widgets aren't as good as I'd like them to be, and double-tap to wake isn't as reliable, but that's about it for negatives.

IronRaven

I got the LG G6. I'm liking Android. It's like I was in a time capsule before, so it's nice to see all the options I have to customize it to my liking. I'm using Arrow launcher and it works well for me. The widgets aren't as good as I'd like them to be, and double-tap to wake isn't as reliable, but that's about it for negatives.

Sounds like you're really enjoying the experience! Android's customization is probably one of the best parts of the OS. It really does feel like using a pocket Windows computer without actually being Windows Mobile.

Moreche

I'm loving Android as I jumped over from iOS five months ago, I got an amazing dead on a S7 Edge but I recently did something that was impossible on iOS. I updated the firmware on my Asus router by DL'ing the firmware from the website and transferring it over.
Impossible to do on iOS.

Jeffrey

I'm betting splitscreen and maybe picture-in-picture.
They are already on iPad. The amount of effort to put onto at least the plus phones shouldn't be too hard.

Still think those features are kinda useless on 16:9 phones. LG and Galaxy is the first time I've found good usage of splitscreen.

Jzero

You would like even more if it had stock android. The G6 skin is shit and i'm missing the cleanliness of my Nexus 6P 😢

RoKKeR

So my friend just texted me from her new Motorola Moto Z... said she went to the Verizon store to look for phones with better cameras and walked away with that. Hadn't heard of it so I'm doing some research now... what's the wrap on this phone? It looks like it has flagship pricing but only decent-ish specs, a bit of a gimmick in the whole "modular" thing, and is probably the first thing a Verizon store rep tries to sell to you based on it being a carrier exclusive. (she said the guy helping them really sold this particular one)

Any thoughts on it?

So my friend just texted me from her new Motorola Moto Z... said she went to the Verizon store to look for phones with better cameras and walked away with that. Hadn't heard of it so I'm doing some research now... what's the wrap on this phone? It looks like it has flagship pricing but only decent-ish specs, a bit of a gimmick in the whole "modular" thing, and is probably the first thing a Verizon store rep tries to sell to you based on it being a carrier exclusive. (she said the guy helping them really sold this particular one)

Any thoughts on it?

I had one for a hot second and I really liked it. My main gripes with it are the large bezels, lack of headphone jack, lack of IP rating, and screen issues (had to replace one but got another that had screen issues). Surprisingly good battery even though it was a small capacity.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Netbit Robin is going for $115 after applying the PSAVE15TODAY on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nextbit-Rob...GSM-UNLOCKED-Android-Smartphone-/332208400835

Also, the Galaxy Tab S3 dropped another $50 on Bestbuy and Amazon. It's now at $499...

It's dropping at a faster rate than I predicted

Tab S3 released with zero fan fare. That's saying something since there wasn't much buzz around the S2 either.

Not surprised at all honesty. Closer to $400 in it gets the better.

Also it should help drop the remaining S2 stock to cheap entry levels.

Any thoughts on it?

She bought the wrong phone if she was looking for a good camera. I'm good light it will take quick photos, once you start to get into low light territory a little fucking icon will come up and say "hold steady" while it proceeds to take a shitty photo.

Give it up SolidSnake, 1+ isn't dealing with expensive CDMA hardware
----------------------------
Be on the lookout for HTC astroturfin', brehs: http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-...11-publicity-to-VIP-community-members_id94748

I will happily post positive things about the HTC U11 on the numerous boards that I frequent, in return for a brand new handset. Starting with how great it is they removed the 3.5mm jack and stuck with a tried and tested 2013 smartphone design.

HTC... make it happen!

#shameless

Mindwipe

I do think the squeezable handset thing might work for one thing - if Google keyboard's one handed mode automatically switched the direction you were holding the phone for that would be great, and those are the correct sensors for that right?

I'm sure it isn't a feature that actually exists of course.

Jeffrey

I do think the squeezable handset thing might work for one thing - if Google keyboard's one handed mode automatically switched the direction you were holding the phone for that would be great, and those are the correct sensors for that right?

I'm sure it isn't a feature that actually exists of course.
Nope. Just 2 pressure things. Only action is when you squeeze. Squeeze and hold. Basically a extra 'button'

Jeffrey

New iPad pro with 120hz display.

Need that over my face pls.

Not sure I need the new iPhone though. Doesn't seem like they are tweaking notifications with ios 11.

My moto G3 is starting to crap out on me. I'm willing to grab the Moto G5 Plus but im only hesitant because of the the new G5+S version coming soon. Should I wait for that instead?

Vanillalite

My moto G3 is starting to crap out on me. I'm willing to grab the Moto G5 Plus but im only hesitant because of the the new G5+S version coming soon. Should I wait for that instead?

I wouldn't wait. The price for the S version is gonna push it up to where you could get something else at that point.

Jeffrey

Yep. I have no integrity. I work for corporate America.

Give me your shit and I'll praise it.

How I got by in college writing reviews on amazon for free shit that I sold to dorm mates.

Vanillalite

One thing I'll give Google credit for is Wallet is essentially what Apple announced for Apple today and it's been there for years.

Top Bottom