• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

meh. all the leaks about 1080p amoled is really killing my interest.

More interested in Essential reviews.
Yeah 1080p will suck. I'm hoping those rumors are wrong. I have read it's an improved AMOLED display though, so hopefully not pentile.

I'm curious as to what they'll do price rise. I don't see it going anywhere but up again, and up for us to at least £449.

Will definitely go up. I'm guessing g $450-$480 us dollars. No higher.

AntoneM

Help me Android GAF.

My wife only really has function of one hand and needs a new phone. It seems like the only Android phones with less than a 5" screen are worse than an Moto E. Anyone have suggestions on a 5" or less phone that doesn't suck balls?

So far I think I might be resigned to get an iPhone 6, but she doesn't want a new OS.

Quixzlizx

Help me Android GAF.

My wife only really has function of one hand and needs a new phone. It seems like the only Android phones with less than a 5" screen are worse than an Moto E. Anyone have suggestions on a 5" or less phone that doesn't suck balls?

So far I think I might be resigned to get an iPhone 6, but she doesn't want a new OS.

Sony Xperia X Compact?

1497761184526-jpg.542208

1497761185172-jpg.542210

1497761184872-jpg.542209

Saiyan-Rox

OP3 front + Adhesive + iPhone backplate = This

I'm sure it'll look much nicer in person though OP devices never really look great in renders. I'll probably end up getting one and a sandstone case (love those)

Also in case someone wants one (not sure on the rep) but you can get a Moto Z, Boom case and two style cases ATM for £289 from Moto themselves​ in the UK.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
FFS Doge can't even log in to his account, but it doesn't say he's banned.

I really am gonna be the last poster standing from chat at this rate.

PS: I think Snuggles lived for the ban.

Suerte

Really hope the other colours make the OP5 stand out a little better.

I'm not really seeing much else on the horizon to replace my Nexus 6P with. :/

Saiyan-Rox

Really hope the other colours make the OP5 stand out a little better.

I'm not really seeing much else on the horizon to replace my Nexus 6P with. :/

Not even confirmed there is other colours yet though :( I'd like something other than Black or Silver this time though. I wouldn't take Gold/white it just seems a tad girly.

reKon

Banned
It must be tiring for how often some of you switch phones. The only thing having me wanting to switch my phone would be for aesthetic reasons and a bigger screen within same footprint. The unlocked Galaxy S8 int'l version would be the best option, but I'm obviously in no rush to buy that one. Unless some stupid cheap deal comes up and I snag for $500. Even then, I'd wait to see how the Pixel 2 is. But I can already tell you that I'm not buying any shit from a Company that doesn't step up their design.

Peformance is still great on this (though I wonder what how things would be if I had the SD820 S7 though).

Been using my phone for a lot of YouTube streaming and browsing in split screen today (I barely is this feature). I'm at 70% with 2 hr and 12 mins of on screen time. Can't really complain at all.

I just bought a note 5 brand new for $175. Sold my OnePlus 3T. Perfect timing. This will probably be my daily driver if oneplus decides to fuck around and put another 1080p screen in OnePlus 5. I already took off time from work to watch their launch event though😒

reKon

Banned
I just bought a note 5 brand new for $175. Sold my OnePlus 3T. Perfect timing. This will probably be my daily driver if oneplus decides to fuck around and put another 1080p screen in OnePlus 5. I already took off time from work to watch their launch event though��

real thirst

Isn't for Sure 1+5 will be 1080p?

Nope. Sources point to it based on leak wallpapers being 1080p and some benchmarks, but there have been other leaks saying 1440p. I'm not doing another 1080p pentile amoled. It hurts my eyes too much to use consistently.

Help me Android GAF.

Sony's Compact line or my ZUK Z2 (it's easy to put stock Android on it, and it flies).

reKon

Banned
It's definitely noticeable, but not sure how much I really care. I mean I didn't go back using my phone and think "this I need my 120hz refresh rate!".

Movement isn't one to one to one, in swiping/scrolling, but it's definitely not a deal breaker. For drawing/art on a tablet, I think this is game changer though.\

It's definitely noticeable, but not sure how much I really care. I man I didn't go back using my phone and think "this I need my 120hz refresh rate!".

Movement isn't one to one to one, in swiping/scrolling, but it's definitely not a deal breaker. For drawing/art on a tablet, I think this is game changer though.
It's bothering me right now.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So I'm currently using Signal for my SMS and MMS purposes, however I've noticed since installing it has gotten consistently worse as the months pass. I don't know if it is entirely the program itself or my telecom to blame (Optus in Australia), what I do know is it is pissing me off. It'll double send or receive, refuse to send MMS at times or delay sending for up to a few hours to the recipient.

Any recommendations on a good text app? Or just push everything to Messenger and deal with that considering my use of it already when talking to friends.

Jeffrey

120hz is nice in general but it won't help loading page elements on a website so there is still some stutter when scrolling a website or news app.

120hz is nice in general but it won't help loading page elements on a website so there is still some stutter when scrolling a website or news app.

One reason I root and use adaway. Using the internet on a phone with ads is horrible. Eliminates almost all stutter and lag.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So I'm currently using Signal for my SMS and MMS purposes, however I've noticed since installing it has gotten consistently worse as the months pass. I don't know if it is entirely the program itself or my telecom to blame (Optus in Australia), what I do know is it is pissing me off. It'll double send or receive, refuse to send MMS at times or delay sending for up to a few hours to the recipient.

Any recommendations on a good text app? Or just push everything to Messenger and deal with that considering my use of it already when talking to friends.

Google's own texting app is solid.

Top Bottom