• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

yay! if i would have replaced my 6P battery before it cracked the screen it would have quick and painless. b/c i cracked it 2 weeks ago or so i got to get a new screen costing more sigh

Ty4on

what the fuck? are we being trolled right now?

Outdoors__005.png
It's a crop of the test scene
Indoors__008__920.png

They probably thought it was a mistake order since no normal person would order more than 5 phones a year.

Lol, they are gonna end up giving me more free credit if I don't get it tomorrow. It's pretty crazy how much free money they give me for their mistakes.

I thought I'd narrowed my new phone choice to an LG G6 but just read of someone experiencing bootloops which puts me off.

I'm coming from an S7 and not really interested in the S8.

So that really just leaves the Pixel? Camera and headphone jack are a priority.

wait and see if it has a headphone jack.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Anyone have a pixel c? I like how it looks but damn... $400 used for a 2015 tablet.

Android Tablet game is pure garbage right now. There is basically the over priced Tab S3 @$600. Google still trying to sell the old Pixel C for $500.

Then you have some cheaper entry level stuff, but it's all small sizing.

Meanwhile you can get the new base iPad for $330 out the door. Android tablet game right now is wack as fuck.

Jeffrey

Tbh I just like the keyboard on the pixel c. Seems dope. Also unlike ios you can use a mouse and USB shit on Android.

I just want something more lean and good battery life. My surface pro 3 is over kill for post college life. Maybe I should look at chromebooks

Vanillalite

Tbh I just like the keyboard on the pixel c. Seems dope. Also unlike ios you can use a mouse and USB shit on Android.

I just want something more lean and good battery life. My surface pro 3 is over kill for post college life. Maybe I should look at chromebooks

In THEORY that's what the new iPad Pro should be especially when iOS11 hits.

The problem is that shit costs what it would be to get into the real laptop or Surface game.

I want something for similar reasons Jeff, but everything is not exactly what I want or like $1000 which is overkill money wise.

royalan

FINALLY upgraded from my Galaxy S4. Was going to get the S8, but I'm not a fan of the curved screen despite how cool it looks, and spec wise it didn't seem better enough than the G6 (my second choice) to justify the price difference. So I got the G6.

Have to say I'm in love with this phone so far.

ty_hot

A friend is in for a cheap phone. Is the Nextbit Robin still a good poption for 130-140? He doesnt live in the US so he doesnt care about warrantly or support. I told him this should be a decent option, cheap, 3gb ram, 1080p display, fingerprint and latest Android, no bloatware, quite decent camera (it was good already when it was more expensive, now that the price dropped so hard it should be the best in class?).

Jeffrey

In THEORY that's what the new iPad Pro should be especially when iOS11 hits.

The problem is that shit costs what it would be to get into the real laptop or Surface game.

I want something for similar reasons Jeff, but everything is not exactly what I want or like $1000 which is overkill money wise.
i played with the beta. the lack of mouse support is really the issue because apple ended up mapping easy mouse commands to crazy hand gymnastics lol.

i was interested in the yoga book, but i hear its not getting nougat until october... lenovo pls.

A friend is in for a cheap phone. Is the Nextbit Robin still a good poption for 130-140? He doesnt live in the US so he doesnt care about warrantly or support. I told him this should be a decent option, cheap, 3gb ram, 1080p display, fingerprint and latest Android, no bloatware, quite decent camera (it was good already when it was more expensive, now that the price dropped so hard it should be the best in class?).

yeah, nothing beats it in that price range for a long shot. Doesn't seem like the strongest built phone though so tell your friend not to put it in the back pocket.

FINALLY upgraded from my Galaxy S4. Was going to get the S8, but I'm not a fan of the curved screen despite how cool it looks, and spec wise it didn't seem better enough than the G6 (my second choice) to justify the price difference. So I got the G6.

Have to say I'm in love with this phone so far.

my condolences

Jeffrey

LG gives you 2 year warranty now, and I think they finally cover bootloops after people complained.

nothing wrong with going LG these days, especially when they are basically a dollar.

royalan

I mean...

p0Y7M3k.png

You got a phone from a brand with known hardware defects in their phones from the last 2-3 years.

Oh, well, so far I like the phone and I'm not smudging the screen just by holding it.

I thought LG was GAF approved? I swear the G4 thread stayed on the front page for years.

Oh, well, so far I like the phone and I'm not smudging the screen just by holding it.

I thought LG was GAF approved? I swear the G4 thread stayed on the front page for years.

the thread where a bunch of posters talked about how their phone boot looped?

well, at least there's a 2 year warranty now!

royalan

the thread where a bunch of posters talked about how their phone boot looped?

well, at least there's a 2 year warranty now!

Eh, Apple had antennae-gate

And the last Galaxy Note literally exploded.

I don't care so much about the purported defects if there's a robust warranty.

I'm gonna enjoy my phone, damit. ;__;

NeOak

That would imply having to wait for the replacement phone to ship 🤔

it didn't literally explode.

and the manifestation of the defective battery happened to under 100 units out of millions, unlike the boot loops.

LG G6 is a fine phone. If you got it for $400 or less it's worth it. If you paid full price return it asap.

Finally got rid of this s8+ and returned my OP5. Ready for that HTC U11 goodness. Still not shipped by amazon of course even though I did 2 day shipping yesterday. They are gonna owe me big if it doesn't get here tomorrow.

NeOak

Finally got rid of this s8+ and returned my OP5. Ready for that HTC U11 goodness. Still not shipped by amazon of course even though I did 2 day shipping yesterday. They are gonna owe me big if it doesn't get here tomorrow.
I give it a week before you send it back.

I give it a week before you send it back.

Lol, nah I think this is it until Pixel XL 2 unless something just totally pisses me off in regards to it. It's got a 1440p ips, notification led, and root with newest hardware and great camera. I don't know anything that would make me wanna get rid of it.

Is that a down payment and then you have to pay a monthly installment plan? Or is that what it will end up after bill credits over 24 months?

NeOak

Lol, nah I think this is it until Pixel XL 2 unless something just totally pisses me off in regards to it. It's got a 1440p ips, notification led, and root with newest hardware and great camera. I don't know anything that would make me wanna get rid of it.
Quoting this for next week

😂

Jeffrey

The G6 is a fine phone 🙄

LG has learned their lesson

except they are rereleasing the same phone for like $800 in korea with... wireless charging from US tier? Still 821 lol.

do LG stuff even sell in korea? i'm reading g6 bombed in the US.

I mean...

p0Y7M3k.png

It's fucking 41MP. With HARDWARE OIS.

/74

You got a phone from a brand with known hardware defects in their phones from the last 2-3 years.

That's the composite score though. Plus, the camera hardware may be great, but if the processing is shit, then the IQ won't be great. Check the review, it explains what they found to be wrong with it.

royalan

Is that a down payment and then you have to pay a monthly installment plan? Or is that what it will end up after bill credits over 24 months?

down

Vanillalite

So Samsung might be supplying nand for Apple now too.

This is basically the iPhone J8sus built by Samsung at this rate.

G6 is great. They all just haters who want the J8sus phone around here.

I just got a G6 and love it so far. I am coming from a G2 which never gave me issues until only recently.
I actually got 2 G6's as Tmobile has a BOGO right now, so it is like paying $250 total each. I trust the LG figured out their issues, but the 2 year warranty is reassuring for me.

Now I am anxious until I get the cases I ordered on line. It is easier to hold than my G2, but I am used to the grip that a case gives.

I just got a G6 and love it so far. I am coming from a G2 which never gave me issues until only recently.
I actually got 2 G6's as Tmobile has a BOGO right now, so it is like paying $250 total each. I trust the LG figured out their issues, but the 2 year warranty is reassuring for me.

Now I am anxious until I get the cases I ordered on line. It is easier to hold than my G2, but I am used to the grip that a case gives.

Why don't you try the skins at dbrand IT'S NOT A PRODUCT. IT'S A CULTURE ™ (that's https://dbrand.com/ @dbrand DEEBRAND). TheY haVe PreMiuM mAteRials thaT wiLL noT onlY protEcT y0uR phonE but wiLL alSo0 makE it SoOooOo cooOl ™™™™™™

I should try my luck at becoming a YouTuber.

Don't use skins, they offer almost zero protection

Top Bottom