• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

this_guy

OnePlus have since deleted the Tweet, but you're looking at it wrong.
75W2b2T.png

Lol

The camera on the OnePlus 5 is also the best smartphone camera on the market. The problem is the user's eyes just perceives the pictures taken as worse than its competitors.

To fully appreciate Oneplus 5's screen, you need to close your left eye and then the right one, and keep them both closed for the duration of your use.

What a mess this has been, and the way they're handling makes it even worse.

˙ϛ snldǝuO ʎɯ ǝʌol I

What are the chances Samsung rejects this phone : \ The screen is fine.

I don't know why they're being such hardasses. I'm just going to return the s8+ if they don't accept it. I guess they're hoping most people will just eat the $175.

I didn't know sony was involved with the nexus4.

Note's gonna be lame. Samsung bloat on a barely larger screen at a more expensive price.

OnePlus quality control issues continue. Volume rocker has started popping out for people with OnePlus 5. I do think they did any qc on this phone. Bootloader still says Qualcomm reference device.

zchen

Man my Xperia Z Ultra's screen and battery life are really deteriorating. I just don't want to spend more than $500 for a phone and don't want Samsung, LG, or another Sony. Maybe I should do some of that Best Buy laptop for GC trade in and get a Mate 9

Toki767

Got a "Phone has stopped charging because the battery temperature is too high" message on my overheating S7.

Well at least I see people selling a new S8+ for $500 on Craigslist.

Gotta get a new phone ASAP cause I'm scared this could explode. -_-

Got a "Phone has stopped charging because the battery temperature is too high" message on my overheating S7.

Well at least I see people selling a new S8+ for $500 on Craigslist.

Gotta get a new phone ASAP cause I'm scared this could explode. -_-

Should get a trap phone if you're waiting for a phone that will release soon.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Note is basically down to S Pen. If you need/want it then gotta get a Note.

If not then S8+ is basically the same shit.

Al-ibn Kermit

Mr.Shrugglesツ;242861421 said:

That's gonna be crazy annoying whenever I get a USB C phone.

well now that the 1+5 hype has run its course, what is the next hype train? Essential?
Moto Z2? It'll basically be the only flagship that doesn't have reliability issues (LG) or horrible molasses ass bloat (Samsung).

Basically I'm saying it'll be a Pixel 2 that you can snap Moto Mods on if you care about that type of thing.

The X4 sounds like it'll be sweet too and competes at the 1+5 price point.

Jeffrey

dont' really see the point of mid range chipsets like the 660, especially at the prices of those phones, makes more sense to just pick up the previous year flagships for the same price lol

jwk94

So I just switched from a Moto X Pure Edition to a Moto G5+ today. I looked at the Photos app just now and realized it's backing up all the photos I have on the memory card I had in my memory card, despite the fact that they were already backed up on my original phone. What do I do?

EDIT:
Nevermind, guess I was signed into my other account. Oops! So what's an easy way to backup and restore SMS? I'm using SMS+ backup, but it's taking forever to restore my 34K messages....

Quasar

dont' really see the point of mid range chipsets like the 660, especially at the prices of those phones, makes more sense to just pick up the previous year flagships for the same price lol

Well I'd want a manufacturers warranty just in case, plus updated OS. Plus mid range phones in theory have better battery life as they don't have honkin great socs in em.

Same here. Phones with 6XX aren't really cheap, and you have phones like the S7 or Oneplus 3T which have come down in price to the sub $400 market. I would much rather buy a one year old flagship than a current midrange. You often get better materials, build quality, camera quality, screen quality on an older flagship.

Jeffrey

Well I'd want a manufacturers warranty just in case, plus updated OS. Plus mid range phones in theory have better battery life as they don't have honkin great socs in em.
625 has good battery. 650s don't really compare to flagships.

You will still get warranty from buying a new 2016 phone from Amazon for example. And honestly probably expect quicker updates for a 2016 flagship over a 2017 midrange lol. Depends though.

I'm hoping the Z2 will have IP rating and headphone jack. Probably will be my next device assuming it's not overpriced. I quite like the Moto Mods and you can buy alot of them heavily discounted online.

Ty4on

625 has good battery. 650s don't really compare to flagships.

You will still get warranty from buying a new 2016 phone from Amazon for example. And honestly probably expect quicker updates for a 2016 flagship over a 2017 midrange lol. Depends though.
660 is 14nm, no? Should do well on battery front.

A53s is just not acceptable in 2017 for mid range. Seriously. They barely beat 2012 flagships in JavaScript. You need to run them at like 5Ghz to get close to the perf of big cores.

660 is 14nm, no? Should do well on battery front.

A53s is just not acceptable in 2017 for mid range. Seriously. They barely beat 2012 flagships in JavaScript. You need to run them at like 5Ghz to get close to the perf of big cores.

Yep 660 is 14nm. Benefit over 810/820 is updated tech like BT 5.0, video encoding/decoding. But graphics and LTE modes are a downgrade.

Qualcomm doesn't want OEMs to use last year flagship in mid tier phones. That would kill their business lol.

LG got away with it because of the Samsung exclusivity deal.

Been so long since had a usable battery I don't know how to deal with this.
5 hours since full charge to 99% at 64% with 50 SoT, 4 hours of Google play music draining, some light GPS and maps usage. AccuBattery guessing 5 hours of SoT total

Jeffrey

You know what's good. Good memory management. Dont care if it's through software or give me all the ram or both ... Give me that shit pls.

OP5 software performance wise destroys everything else out there right now.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'd pay 1500 for a phone... But I switch phones too much. That's commitment price and I'm not about that.

I don't think people realize how much more expensive that is. Considering how many people get the base level storage going from like $800 to $1500 even paying over time is a big fucking difference.

You'd be talking almost $150 up front and like $70 a month for the phone if not more, and you haven't even paid for your service yet.

He'll the iPhone plan direct from Apple for a Plus model is already $40+. So you're talking like what? $90 a month through Apple? If you're paying for multiple phones as a family I can see them taking a big NOPE from parents.

Top Bottom