• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
August update on AT&T for the GS8/+ is legit. Finally added the nav hide and fixed a bunch of small bugs beyond just being the Android security patch.

Looks like the eBay set are actually trying to scalp the International Ocho, I was seeing prices of $1,200 for it. Nope, I'll just wait a few months for the furor to die down and snatch one from Newegg. I love how Newegg sells International Samsung devices, it makes life super easy and pleasant and wonderful and full of stars.

I have a Droid Maxx 2 and I was wondering if there is anyway to download music from Google play onto my memory stick rather then the internal memory. My internal is always full but I have like 50 gigs free on my memory stick. It is so frustrating that I can't just choose my save location.

Noema

I have a Droid Maxx 2 and I was wondering if there is anyway to download music from Google play onto my memory stick rather then the internal memory. My internal is always full but I have like 50 gigs free on my memory stick. It is so frustrating that I can't just choose my save location.

Are you running Nougat?

Nougat should allow you to unify your storage so that Google play music can utilize your SD card as if it were internal storage.

I think they will all have black fronts yeah. That's my guess.

White fronts on phones are disgusting.

Are you running Nougat?

Nougat should allow you to unify your storage so that Google play music can utilize your SD card as if it were internal storage.

How do I tell what I am running? I went to settings and about but I still cant tell. When I go to system update it says it was last updated 3/17 but it doesn say what it is actually running.

I am able to get Samsung Galaxy S8+ 128 GB for only 1000 Rs. more (15$) in India due to some offer going on.

But 128GB option is only available in midnight black here.

I don't care about the storage much, but it having 6 GB of RAM vs. 4GB on normal excites me. Is the 2 GB RAM more worth it even if black isn't my first choice color?

"About Phone"

When I do that it says: "Android Version 6.0.1"So I looked up nougat and it says that is starts with version 7.1.2. Is it slow to roll out to certain devices, or is there something I can do to get it on my phone? I went to update but it says that my phone is up to date.

Little over 2 weeks until the new iPhone reveal. Woohoo. I hope it has a notification led. The processor in this is going to be beastly.

Jeffrey

Essential took my money about 6 days ago. Still no sign of shipping lol.

I am able to get Samsung Galaxy S8+ 128 GB for only 1000 Rs. more (15$) in India due to some offer going on.

But 128GB option is only available in midnight black here.

I don't care about the storage much, but it having 6 GB of RAM vs. 4GB on normal excites me. Is the 2 GB RAM more worth it even if black isn't my first choice color?
It will make a difference for Samsung according to speed tests.

They tend to prefer aggressive memory management for better battery like some Chinese companies.

You won't notice unless you game alot though

So, I signed up for the beta so that I could hopefully get Oreo OTA. Instead I ended up with the final beta.

If I pull out of the beta now, will this result in me having to wipe my phone out? If I keep waiting will I eventually get an official Oreo OTA?

How different is the final beta from the the official release?

Nexus 6P here.

MattDoza

So, I signed up for the beta so that I could hopefully get Oreo OTA. Instead I ended up with the final beta.

If I pull out of the beta now, will this result in me having to wipe my phone out? If I keep waiting will I eventually get an official Oreo OTA?

Nexus 6P here.
I don't even think there's a ton of difference between "final"and DP4. I'm on the beta channel still waiting on that latest build to be pushed. But my phone is fucked. Battery capacity is at like 60%. I need to call Google and tell em about it. Performance has been fine for me. Battery life is hard to tell because of the reason I mentioned.

Nexus 6P as well, here.

Nexus 6P here.

If you pull out of the beta, you'll have to factory reset.

If you stick with the beta, you'll get the final released pushed to you once it's available.

Quixzlizx

When I do that it says: "Android Version 6.0.1"So I looked up nougat and it says that is starts with version 7.1.2. Is it slow to roll out to certain devices, or is there something I can do to get it on my phone? I went to update but it says that my phone is up to date.

It depends on what phone you have, but most likely you'll have to do something like unlock the bootloader and load a custom ROM if you want to upgrade to Nougat.

Nougat starts with 7.0 btw, it's just that 7.1.2 is the current updated version.

Noema

Your phone will be on 6.0.1 forever unless you flash a custom ROM yourself.

Jeffrey

Essential was removed from Amazon. Preorders are being canceled.

Man... Maybe I should be calling my credit card company... Kinda regret pre-ordering from their site.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned here it was wiser to go through best buy or Amazon.

Didn't expect them to be fucking up this bad.

Man... Maybe I should be calling my credit card company... Kinda regret pre-ordering from their site.

I guess releasing a phone or shipping one to you wasn't essential.

I hope you are OK with 2GB of RAM, Mr. "I need 8 GB for it to be smooth".

iPhones have 3gb ram, but even still they are optimized differently. Samsung is the only company that needs 8gb ram. I'm not gonna buy an iPhone though anyway. Will be interesting to see the oled panel they use and camera system.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

Dude *I* told you to go through Amazon

...and holy shit, my order vanished from Amazon

Man....I'm speechless

Edit: it's back on. Amateur hour here

Jeffrey

is my phone not shipping after 7 days + 6 days after my cc was processed a glitch too.

Harvey can't be an excuse. its flying here from china lol. Guess its monsoon season around there.

apparently ppl that ordered only the phone is shipping, but for folks that preordered phone + 360 camera is delayed.

i dont even want that 360 camera lol.

amazon is investing in essential right?

im gonna be pissed if I see some at whole foods before my ships.

is my phone not shipping after 7 days + 6 days after my cc was processed a glitch too.

Harvey can't be an excuse. its flying here from china lol. Guess its monsoon season around there.

apparently ppl that ordered only the phone is shipping, but for folks that preordered phone + 360 camera is delayed.

Good luck getting a refund when you return it.

Esqueleto

Banned

It's right next to "Manage downloads" at the bottom of GPM's settings. If you don't see it, you might have to enable storage permissions.

ahahahha

Scd7TdM.jpg

Jeffrey

Chatted with cs. They confirm they will process my cancelation.

hank you for the information. I have added your request to cancel order X into our cancellation database and we will do our best to cancel that order out for you. I don't have an exact timeframe for the cancellation process, but you will be notified via email when it is complete. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you and I hope you have a nice evening.

Maybe I'll get my $700 this year.

Jeffrey

This along with audio when the screen is asleep now make two features they hold back from non paying customers.
Ads are getting more frequent and annoying too lol.

I don't mind paying for red. It's a good value if you use Google play music too.

Just annoying. Especially with how it's only available in a handyful of countries!

Blackhead

Redarse
http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/0...g-red-customers-five-countries-thats-problem/

Lol youtube pip for oreo only works if you have red.

Remember back in the day when ios updates coat money? Giving me similar vibes
YouTube pip restrictions to RED was expected (I would actually pay for the service if it was available in more countries) but this other change was new to me:
We actually wrote about a method of putting a button in your navigation bar that could launch any video into PiP mode with a single touch, but that no longer works since Google took out navigation bar editing in the final version of Oreo
Why, Google, why?

I'm in the last 8.0 beta, Nexus 6p, and my battery life is pretty pitiful. Phone has been sitting idle, and it's lost over 10% in one hour.

No apps running in background.

Any suggestions? Does the final actually fix battery problems like Google claims? Cause they said the same thing about nougat.

Any way to get the OTA without waiting for Google to bless me with the update?

Damon

Anyone saw this, wow Apple design really has gone to shit.
Im not a fan of Samsung language but at least they got rid of their ugly logo.

37999-e3457b6f.jpg

Wish they'd stop using that white front dumby to compare...use the black front dummy like they used too, rumours have suggested there wont be a white front. So I dont know why all of these white front dummys have appeared from.

Groof

Wish they'd stop using that white front dumby to compare...use the black front dummy like they used too, rumours have suggested there wont be a white front. So I dont know why all of these white front dummys have appeared from.
probably because most people wouldn't be able to tell a difference now that the home button is gone

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wonder how long it takes to phase out LPDDR3 entirely. I doubt LPDDR4 is really more expensive. Need that next big 4XX series chip to support LPDDR4 and we can move on.

Whew came close to buying one of those $500 Note 8's today, but then remembered how much I don't like Samsung phones and curved displays and didn't pull the trigger. I'm on T-Mobile so waiting on a phone with 600mhz support coming later this year anyway. I need that Pixel XL 2.

Top Bottom