• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

zero_suit

DIg7aLcXoAAdoRy.jpg

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/903037052631085060

😍😍😍

Sleek!

I guess Sony will hop on the tiny bezel train next year then. Or they just won't go that route at all.

Edit:

Every time someone in a video mentions how much of a fingerprint magnet a phone is I immediately skip ahead, because 99% of the time it's followed by some dbrand BS. They really need to get creative with this, or just state that the video is sponsored right from jump.

lol rubin apologized for the email thing. feels like their company is skipping steps. you usually gotta be successful first before screwing up and leaking personal info!

v30 looking good, can't wait to see the pixel xl 2

oh shit. mkbhd is telling you to save the cash on the essential

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftqaMBDj2oY
yo he got sound fx with his dbrand plug

that's so 4th wall

well at least he didn't U Ultra it :lol

Qvoth

excited for mi mix 2
i really wanted to buy mi mix when i visited hongkong last time, but seems like most people said it's not a good idea so i held it off

I don't know if this was posted by accident or what but lg v30 hands on http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-v30-review-797089/

Nope doesn't seem like an accident Android Police also posted theirs http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/0...sions-a-bigger-and-very-noticeably-better-g6/

Ruddock noticed banding on the oled.

5mp front camera. Fuck off LG. Also not coming until the end of September at earliest in USA and comes with Nougat. Flop. Might be a decent option when it hits $400 a few months later though.

reKon

Banned
I don't know if this was posted by accident or what but lg v30 hands on http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-v30-review-797089/

Nope doesn't seem like an accident Android Police also posted theirs http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/0...sions-a-bigger-and-very-noticeably-better-g6/

Ruddock noticed banding on the oled.

5mp front camera. Fuck off LG. Also not coming until the end of September at earliest in USA and comes with Nougat. Flop. Might be a decent option when it hits $400 a few months later though.

Who gives a fuck about a 5mp selfie cam. LG seems to have almost gone beast mode on the back shooters. Looking good. This is easily going to be their best phone yet. If it unfortunately doesn't sell too well, I may be tempted to help them out and pick one up for $400 myself.

Who gives a fuck about a 5mp selfie cam. LG seems to have almost gone beast mode on the back shooters. Looking good. This is easily going to be their best phone yet. If it unfortunately doesn't sell too well, I may be tempted to help them out and pick one up for $400 myself.

Most people care about the selfie cam.

Blackhead

Redarse

seh6p.gif

reKon

Banned
Looks like the are a ton of glowing impressions. I watched the Engadget video and it seems like they added some very nice camera features. Just need wait for reviews for low light camera performance and battery life.

Fuck the iPhone, this is will probably be phone of the year. I believe in you LG.

keuja

Yo the G6 FFC is absolute dog trash, didn't think they allowed cams like this on a flagship in 2017

I was kinda shocked to see the quality of the FFC on my friend's G6... The LG G4 camera is actually better or am I imagining things?

The v30 looks really great though. Now I'll wait for the pixel 2 and iPhone 8 announcement to make a final decision. Added benefit is that there will probably be a price drop on the v30 after those announcement if I decide on it.

Good news they've gone for a 16MP sensor on the main shooter, hopefully that's a bigger/better sensor than the G6.

I'm hoping they've swapped the 5MP front facing sensor, as the selfie cam on the G6 really lets the phone down.

Shame about the battery being kept the same 3300mah unit, can only hope OLED and S835 lead to some decent power saving gains. Battery in the G6 is good, but not great.

Will be keeping an eye on that LG price drop.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The Moto turbo power pack mod is amazing. I use it in efficiency mode which keeps the battery at 80% and its been 3 days that I haven't charged my phone. It's kind of insane lol

Jeffrey

I'm curious who keep buying Sony flagships. Yes the performance is good on their skinned OS,but the design...

You pay sub $500 for solid specs. You pay more for exciting design and camera.

Sony been generally using this design language for how many years now?

Oh nice. Xz1 compact is back to flagship specs. 835 on 720p screen gotta be ridiculous. Ships with oreo too.

Also they ditching the Sony nav buttons for just pixel buttons?

Huh.

Damn V30 is nice but I was hoping for 6GB of RAM. Would have made my purchase decision harder. Doubt I would consider it at least not at whatever price it decides to launch on.

yagal

Jeffrey

Oh they have us prices.

$600 for xz1 compact. $700 for xz1.

Phew. $700 essential doesn't seem so bad. It's not like Sony doesn't get your personal data released lol.

JoseDFrog

Banned
Why does Sony still make phones? While everyone else is shrinking bezels, Sony looks like they're increasing theirs. The first Z phone was sexy at the time but c'mon hire a designer ffs.

reKon

Banned
The V30 looks more and more like my Christmas present

The Pixel XL is a V30 without a headphone jack so ...

You know that is really bad when the astroturfers are not even trying to defend Sony

Lol, I was just about to post this after actually reading about the Sony phones. What are they doing over there.

Jeffrey

Why does Sony still make phones? While everyone else is shrinking bezels, Sony looks like they're increasing theirs. The first Z phone was sexy at the time but c'mon hire a designer ffs.
Don't know. Sales might actually be good? Could just be some really senior executive that's stubborn and no one wants to tell him no.

Lol verge dropping ether on the stupid b&o logo on the v30.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/8/31/16232220/lg-v30-launch-ifa-2017-bang-olufsen-logo

One of these days, LG will finally get it right and nail down all the details that have been eluding its grasp over all these years of trying to make a great phone. And when it does, I would like the company to have the self-belief to claim all the credit that it rightly deserves. As things stand, with the next Google Pixel XL also shaping up to be built on the same hardware as the V30, LG might end up producing two of the best smartphones of the year, and neither will feature its name as the main brand.

Like if they made the logo translucent it would look much better imo. At least they didn't slap it on the front.

this_guy

We will see. I know LG V20 supported band 66 and afaik T-Mobile hasn't even launched that yet.

T-Mobile doing bogo note 8's starting 9/1. Cue the market flood and price drops. Gonna be less than $500 each soon.

Looks like I was wrong and the LG V30 DOES support band 71. Hopefully this should mean phones moving forward (iPhone, Pixel) should have it. Samsung should have delayed the Note 8 to include band 71 as well.

http://m.gsmarena.com/lg_v30_supports_daydream_vr_tmobiles_600mhz_network-news-27035.php

reKon

Banned

this_guy

Man if this phone does get discounted early, it's going to suck for all the selfie takers if that's actually the one deal breaker.

It's LG, their phones are always a great value after 2-3 months. We'll probably see pretty good deals around Christmas time.

LogicStep

Damn, so V30 or Pixel XL2, maybe Note8/S8+ Gotta see what the Pixel has in store. I'm curious about the iPhone but I doubt I'll go to Apple again. Has to be the second coming for me to get it.

vivftp

Last I recall they're still one of the few phone manufacturers turning a profit, so they have that going for them.

Personally I think this whole bezel thing is way too overblown. I got my XZ Premium with its "monster" bezels and the bezels are absolutely perfect for placing my thumb for 1 handed use without touching the screen.

I know minimal bezels are going to be the trend going forward, but I feel there's still a place for bezels at least to some degree. For me, something like the older Xperia ZL would be perfect as it'd still provide just enough bezel to hold the phone with minimal chance of hitting the screen, while still having a screen to body ratio that I think most people would be ok with.

mackattk

Last I recall they're still one of the few phone manufacturers turning a profit, so they have that going for them.

Personally I think this whole bezel thing is way too overblown. I got my XZ Premium with its "monster" bezels and the bezels are absolutely perfect for placing my thumb for 1 handed use without touching the screen.

I know minimal bezels are going to be the trend going forward, but I feel there's still a place for bezels at least to some degree. For me, something like the older Xperia ZL would be perfect as it'd still provide just enough bezel to hold the phone with minimal chance of hitting the screen, while still having a screen to body ratio that I think most people would be ok with.

Biggest thing that scares me about a no bezel phone is if I drop it, especially if the phone has a curved screen. I do my best not to drop my phone but it happens every now and then. I don't want a drop to break a screen on a $700+ device.

Blackhead

Redarse

nah fuck that nonsense. once sony catches up with the bezel less design you'll immediately change your speil
Biggest thing that scares me about a no bezel phone is if I drop it, especially if the phone has a curved screen. I do my best not to drop my phone but it happens every now and then. I don't want a drop to break a screen on a $700+ device.
then why would you care about Sony when their phones just spontaneously crack without even dropping them? Why would you not buy more interested in the Essential phone which, despite the 'scary' no bezel design, has impressive droptest claims due to its titanium frame?

The FUD for the no bezel design is ridiculous. Sony shills please get the fuck out and come back when you have a relevant phone to promote

Reckoner

The huge bezels on the Xperia weren't bothering me, but they bother me now. XZ1 Compact seems cool on paper tho. Maybe I'll grab one when the price drops.

mackattk

The FUD for the no bezel design is ridiculous. Sony shills please get the fuck out and come back when you have a relevant phone to promote

I'm not a sony shill, damn calm the fuck down. More glass surface area, especially curved would probably mean a bigger chance of something happening if I drop it. This is coming from people complaining how fragile their Samsung S8's are.

Quotes from a single page (100 post view) on the note 8 thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=241521091

The S8 has the shittiest screen of a phone I've ever had. I'm so pissed I sat in a chair and the phone slide out of my pocket and cracked the screen. I had a case on the phone too. I have dropped my Note 5 a million times on concrete and nothing but the first time this one fell the screen broke. I just got it two weeks ago and I'm pissed.

I jumped from iPhone to the s8. Really enjoying it so far

Except I cracked my fucking screen. First time ever doing it to a phone. Raging as it's less than a month old

I got the plus version of the phone last month and switched to T-Mobile. Love the damn thing but something bad happened today. Slipped out of my hand and the screen cracked. I have the T-Mobile insurance but I guess I'll wait until it becomes much worse before filing a claim. Gorilla glass my ass. This thing is stupid fragile. I had a Spigen armor case on it.

Anecdotal, or whatever... but it is an issue. It is just a concern of mine. I would be wary of dropping any brand of phone, especially ones that cost $700+. That being said, the V30 might be my next phone (currently have a Z Play), providing that it gets the usual LG discount within 6 months of its release.

Blackhead

Redarse
I'm not a sony shill, damn calm the fuck down. More glass surface area, especially curved would probably mean a bigger chance of something happening if I drop it. This is coming from people complaining how fragile their Samsung S8's are.

Quotes from a single page (100 post view) on the note 8 thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=241521091

Anecdotal or whatever... but t is an issue.[/B]
anecdotes don't make something an issue. you can find anecdotes for every single phone out there breaking when you drop them. back up your claims with fact or stop wasting our time with FUD

Top Bottom