• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Gintoki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TdYWyKF868

Things are heating up over James' channel, people are asking Mike to get his own channel. I do find it annoying personally, I know the relationship between James and Mike is important, but I do think that getting his own channel would be the better decision.

Really awful. I don't really mind him, he should just put his name/shows name on the videos title that he releases to not get these people pissed off thinking its a video by James.

Things are heating up over James' channel, people are asking Mike to get his own channel. I do find it annoying personally, I know the relationship between James and Mike is important, but I do think that getting his own channel would be the better decision.

I think the problem is that the youtube channels name is ''Jamesnintendonerd'' and not ''cinemassacre'' even when its CM official channel. People who have subscribed want to know about James's stuff. Mikes stuff has only recently been popping up I believe.

Cheerilee

That would cost them hits.

They should make a specifically-dedicated group-run Cinemassacre channel (instead of just adapting James' personal channel to that purpose), and then James should start exclusively posting good stuff to the group channel, directing traffic from his personal channel towards the group channel, and using the personal one for really boring personal things, like posting videos of his pets eating human food recorded with low quality handheld shaky cam while he giggles in the background.

$200

Banned
That would cost them hits.

They should make a specifically-dedicated group-run Cinemassacre channel (instead of just adapting James' personal channel to that purpose), and then James should start exclusively posting good stuff to the group channel, directing traffic from his personal channel towards the group channel, and using the personal one for really boring personal things, like posting videos of his pets eating human food recorded with low quality handheld shaky cam while he giggles in the background.

There is a Cinamessacre channel. It hasn't get used in a while though.

Fox Mulder

Wow, who fucking cares on which handle Mike uploads his videos?

I agree. Mike's videos bring out a lot of bitching, but he's actually putting out relevant content. I'd rather watch a game review or gem list than whatever the hell James does with that ''You Know What's Bullshit'' stuff.

Wow, who fucking cares on which handle Mike uploads his videos?

Not you obviously. The small problem here is that everyone likes james' AVGN stuff and while mike has done a few nice videos, he now does more then ever and in a way tries too hard to be funny at times, people want to see more of james.

That horrible review of Wario World from Mike assures me I'll never be watching his stuff again. I think I fell asleep during the middle portion.

"It would be really cool if Nintendo returned to this concept for a sequel. Maybe on the Wii U?"

They already made a sequel, Mike.

It was called Wario Land: Shake It.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I know people hate the site, but James does show up in the finale of TGWTG's latest anniversary special "To Boldly Flee". Granted, he does show up in the specials in some way or another so it was almost a given he'd show up.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
People hate TGWTG? I love it, especially the NC.

You'd be surprised at how much acidic hate it gets. I feel some of it stems from jealousy and not getting picked up by them. I've seen one person claim Linkara ruined his passion for comic book reviews (though, looking at his current reviews on z-grade movies, he's just lazy).

Personally, I love the site. Everyone on it seems really friendly and nice (out of character mostly).

AniHawk

i like stuff on tgwtg, but holy shit was to boldly flee ever one gigantic circle jerk over themselves.

i don't like noah/spoony much at all, but him as turl was the funniest thing. and seeing james at the end was neat too.

Jawmuncher

TGWTG still holds a special place for me.
I just wish they'd update the look of the site.

It looks so amateurish still (Thats like a default view they're using)
Blistered Thumbs isnt to bad (Though it has a lot going on)

Vlaphor

Part of me is sad at the "..every other day part", but he did do the movie this year, and last year's was kind of underwhelming, so maybe this change will be for the best. Optimistic.

GCX

Part of me is sad at the "..every other day part", but he did do the movie this year, and last year's was kind of underwhelming, so maybe this change will be for the best. Optimistic.
Every other day is still great. It's mindblowing that he finds time to do all these videos, especially in the years when he did one for every day.

Really happy he's focusing on the 80's. To be frank, I'm really getting tired of James's boners for the golden age and universal monsters and shit. Nothing against that, but pretty much every Monster Madness (save for Godzilla) he spends like 13 reviews just in the 30's and 40's.

LOL Mike Matei is now disabling ratings and moderating comments for approval for his videos on the JamesNintendoNerd account.

Mike just needs to make his own YT account.

Dereck

Disabling all comments and ratings raises a red flag to me. Fans were already a little miffed with Mike putting out more of his own content on James's channel, and now he is basically disabling ratings and moderating comments because he knows that some of James's fans either find his videos bland, or they are getting annoyed, now that they are getting more Mike than James.

It's obvious at this point, that Mike is taking advantage of James's popularity by using his channel. He really needs to make his own channel.

Dereck

All he has to do is to get James to give him a shoutout video and say, here is Mike's new channel. Won't happen though.

Really happy he's focusing on the 80's. To be frank, I'm really getting tired of James's boners for the golden age and universal monsters and shit. Nothing against that, but pretty much every Monster Madness (save for Godzilla) he spends like 13 reviews just in the 30's and 40's.

It's what he has the greatest amount of knowledge on, and does he have KNOWLEDGE on it. It makes them incredibly interesting and a joy to watch. I've learned a lot as a film buff from watching James talk about those eras.

Not enough people hype those eras.

giggas

Disabling all comments and ratings raises a red flag to me. Fans were already a little miffed with Mike putting out more of his own content on James's channel, and now he is basically disabling ratings and moderating comments because he knows that some of James's fans either find his videos bland, or they are getting annoyed, now that they are getting more Mike than James.

It's obvious at this point, that Mike is taking advantage of James's popularity by using his channel. He really needs to make his own channel.

I don't think Mike is riding on anything. Cinemassacre has turned into a brand. It is keeping both James and I'm assuming Mike, employed full time. Mike is part of Cinemassacre now. They need to keep videos coming at a quick clip in order to generate money so that they can keep doing this. James will spend his resources on the bigger projects, the AVGN Movie in particular, while Mike keeps the YT channel and website relevant. They're working together in order for James to be able to keep doing what he does best. How people aren't seeing this sort of confuses me.

Now whether or not you like Mike is another story. I'm personally not so into his stuff, but I completely get his importance to their company, because yes, this is a business, not just dudes running YT channels for fun.

Ifrit

What's people's problems with Mike, he's awesome. In those videos where he just talks with james, he comes up with the nastiest and funniest things

You really think he didnt want Mike making videos especially when James was busy with the movie and wasnt providing the site with any content? Its clearly a case of them working together and not Mike taking advantage.

Cheerilee

I don't think Mike is riding on anything. Cinemassacre has turned into a brand. It is keeping both James and I'm assuming Mike, employed full time. Mike is part of Cinemassacre now. They need to keep videos coming at a quick clip in order to generate money so that they can keep doing this. James will spend his resources on the bigger projects, the AVGN Movie in particular, while Mike keeps the YT channel and website relevant. They're working together in order for James to be able to keep doing what he does best. How people aren't seeing this sort of confuses me.

Now whether or not you like Mike is another story. I'm personally not so into his stuff, but I completely get his importance to their company, because yes, this is a business, not just dudes running YT channels for fun.

Cinemassacre is a brand (which Mike helped build) but James' name is on the account and some people who prefer James' content obviously don't like seeing Mike's content there all the time.

Easy fix, start a new account for Mike. But that would cut down on their traffic and income, and they don't want to do that, which is why people accuse Mike of riding James' coattails.

The next easiest fix is to take James' name completely off the account (or start a new one and move the traffic over) and make the new account all about the Cinemassacre brand. Then the complainers will have no leg to stand on. Especially not if James and Mike (wink nudge) blame the complainers for the account shuffle.

Cracking down on the complainers with mod powers is a really bad idea. It'll only make the situation worse.

Top Bottom