• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
He only said it oddly twice, by my count. He said it normally, too.

I'd say it was just an error in performance, not a quirk of dialect or anything.

one_kill

So did he split from Gametrailers and screwattack?
Maybe not exclusively as Andrex suggested. Still, it's weird how he omitted the GT and ScrewAttack text at the start of the episode.

The AVGN film trailer is being shown for the first time during the GT film festival which suggests their partnership isn't over.

AcridMeat

Banned
Rewatching the Friday 13th review and oh man, this may be the funniest review of his. What really makes it is James' obvious sarcasm and disdain.

Even watching it years later I'm cracking up.
KuGsj.gif

Plus the whole "Don't kill me!" *shows game* "...kill me." is a classic. Not even to mention the "You and your friends are dead" rant.
Yep, loved that review. It's crazy this stuff is so old now.

Enjoyed the Ghost N Goblins review as well. Very well done episode. He's been on fire recently with the Cinemassacre 80's-a-thon reviews too.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I dunno if this was intended or not, but the shadow of his glasses makes him looks like he got huge angry eyebrows. Which kinda fit his character. :p

Medalion

Banned
A nice return to form for this ep

I didn't really enjoy the ending skit... he sounded tired and not as into it... he's lost his anger edge

Davey Cakes

Well, now it works as a "general" thread title. Having the game in the title isn't necessary, but that would make things easier for readers. Obviously, some people won't really care if it's a new Mike review so they won't want to have to check the thread for that, but if they know that the update is, for example, the AVGN movie trailer, then they'll definitely enter the thread.

So, I can see arguments for keeping the title as general or as new video-specific.

Seik

Banned
I feel nostalgic every time I watch the nerd now. This one was good.

Its been so many years already since he began.

EDIT: Get the knife guys.

Teknoman

I'll never forget the first time I "beat" G&G only to have to beat it again. Man, I was so damn pissed as a kid haha

lol that actually happened to me a few days ago. Beat Super G&G for the first time, then BAM "sorry, but you have to beat it a second time".

-_-

Are the Genesis and PSP games the same?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What's the AVGN where he says "Why don't they just call it... nevermind." and it shows the "Boo! Haunted House" picture?

Major props for beating a game like that legit. I don't think I'd have the patience even with save states.

The NES version is really terribly designed

never did play the original NES one but i remember me and my cousin spent all night many many many year ago playing the super nes one and when we beat it and it told us to play it again, we both raged so hard, hilarious

loved the review but that bit at the end was random but still good

LevityNYC

Banned
The best one he's done in years.

Looks like shooting the movie finally got his batteries recharged. For a while it seemed like he was just going through the motions and seemingly disinterested.

Top Bottom