• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

M3wThr33

Banned
I still have every issue.

But he didn't touch on how the posters were useless if you wanted to see what's on the goddamn backside of them.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
I thought it was retarded how he was having such trouble ripping posters out of the magazine. It made me want to go through the video and squeeze his scrawney nerd neck. It's like those infomercials where people are selling some retarded mop or something, and they show how 'their' mop is better by acting like clumsly idiots spilling their 'old' mop bucket and making a mess of things.

joshcryer said:
I thought it was retarded how he was having such trouble ripping posters out of the magazine. It made me want to go through the video and squeeze his scrawney nerd neck. It's like those infomercials where people are selling some retarded mop or something, and they show how 'their' mop is better by acting like clumsly idiots spilling their 'old' mop bucket and making a mess of things.

They should have had a 30 second clip of him slowly removing the poster carefully to prove his point in a more entertaining way, right?

joshcryer

TheGreatDave said:
They should have had a 30 second clip of him slowly removing the poster carefully to prove his point in a more entertaining way, right?

They had a minute long clip of him tearing a dozen out like a retard. It would've taken me 10 seconds. I'm just saying, he's making shit out to be harder than it is.

Oh, and when he flames Rambo for NES I will not be happy, because I played the shit out of that game and still have it. It actually gets easier as you go along once you get a machine gun.

Yeah, but he's supposed to be exaggerating things. It's no documentary.

It pained me a little to see some of those old magazines being ripped. I kept hoping he had more than one copy or something...

rkenshin

joshcryer said:
They had a minute long clip of him tearing a dozen out like a retard. It would've taken me 10 seconds. I'm just saying, he's making shit out to be harder than it is.

Oh, and when he flames Rambo for NES I will not be happy, because I played the shit out of that game and still have it. It actually gets easier as you go along once you get a machine gun.

I didn't like Rambo at all.. I believe it was because I kept getting lost because everything looked the same, sorta like the cave bit of the Friday the 13th video

joshcryer

rkenshin said:
I didn't like Rambo at all.. I believe it was because I kept getting lost because everything looked the same, sorta like the cave bit of the Friday the 13th video

That was the only problem with it, you had to build an actual map, draw it out. It is coherent, it just requires more effort. Consider Wil Wheaton's PAX07 keynote address, he talked about how he and his friends would sit around making maps for various games and creating their own sort of stragety guides. That's how games really were back then.

rkenshin

Well back then, I don't think most kids like the idea of pausing their game to draw a part of a section of a map..

And today, it's unacceptable, so..

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
try googling some of the names you see in the letters section, you may be suprized.

zallaaa

ezekial45 said:

OMG the background song at 3.18 is AWESOME but... I CAN'T REMEMBER THE GAME IT BELONGS TO!!!! Some help? Was it Duck Tales?

1NES_-_Duck_tales.jpg

The thing that killed me was the picture thing. I actually tried for a record on something and took a picture of the screen, and when I got it back, it looked like shit.

Oh, and :lol at The Mask II grand prize. I hope that kid got a consolation prize or something.

M3wThr33

Banned
zallaaa said:
OMG the background song at 3.18 is AWESOME but... I CAN'T REMEMBER THE GAME IT BELONGS TO!!!! Some help? Was it Duck Tales?
1NES_-_Duck_tales.jpg
Not Duck Tales, but I know it. I want to say Pokemon.
No wait... it was a flying game. Had a plane or something.

Sho Nuff

Banned
I like how he calls out the fucking disgusting ads in the later Nintendo Powers, I mean, who ever thought that was a good idea?

Odrion

Banned
Do you guys remember the ad for Yoshi's Island?

A man eats until VOMIT EXPLODES OUT OF HIS STOMACH.

Nintendo's mid 90s marketing team were a bunch of demented folks.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Heh, we got Nintendo Official Magazine over here which was equally as bad, but that was hilarious. Keep it up AVGN.

Almost any magazine from late 80´s early 90´s had ads that make you think if the marketing teams were always high when creating or completely stupid with no touch with reality.

p.s. In their defence, some ads (not games-specific) today are or genius pieces of art that I can´t begin too understad or simply shitty ads. I go with the second option :lol .

btw. he name himself "The Angry Video Game Nerd" not only the Angry Nintendo Nerd :)
And the last episode was classic :lol sadly, these days are over. Nintendo Power sure was HardCore :lol

Capndrake

I knew he was gonna do Fester's Quest eventually (As it was in the intro in some previous videos) but I actually somewhat liked that game.

I remember when that first issue of NP came out. It said that the JUSTIN BAILEY code allows you to play Metroid "
as a girl
". I guess they hadn't yet beaten the game...

Top Bottom