• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Capndrake

It actually took me a while to get "You were expecting maybe, uhh, the Ninja Turtles?" Then I remembered his TMNT3 movie review :lol

I loved that addams family one, this kid cracks me up everytime, and the production values just keep going up and up. This guy has a real future in production.

SuperEnemyCrab said:
I loved that addams family one, this kid cracks me up everytime, and the production values just keep going up and up. This guy has a real future in production.

he has a real history in production as well if you sift through his site :O

suEcide

Evenball said:
That was pretty funny, especially the part with the crazed fan.

That crazed fan was inspired by Bill Mosely's character Chop Top from Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2:

choptop.jpg

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The actual Massacre part was pretty cool, but the part where the actual game was reviewed wasn't that funny or memorable. Still pretty entertaining as a whole though.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Darunia said:
The actual Massacre part was pretty cool, but the part where the actual game was reviewed wasn't that funny or memorable. Still pretty entertaining as a whole though.

yeah, but honestly what could complain about? It's an Atari 2600 game.

Capndrake

He's taking a break because he's getting married in November.

I liked the Boo! Haunted House reference.

Also, from the ScrewAttack forum:

Angry Nintendo Nerd wrote:
Hey, thought I'd pass this on as it should probably be a sticky.

Subject: "Nerd DVD: What to expect"

With the DVD set coming close to release date, I'd like to make an announcement so everyone knows what to expect.

RELEASE DATE - no word on exact date yet, but it should be in November, which is cool, because there will be only one Nerd video out that month, and a short one too.

THE BAD NEWS - The movie clips used in the Back to the Future and Rocky reviews have been removed, as well as any other videos that had copyrighted content, including music. I know that may be disappointing, but it would be our ass getting sued. Not yours. The internet is one thing, but when you're selling it, it can be a different story. Just wanted to end that debate before it starts.

THE GOOD NEWS - To make up for anything that I removed from the videos, I put new stuff in! The Wally bear and Rocky videos have new endings! The Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street videos have a new original soundtrack by Justin Sobers (Zalai.com) and it sounds much better!

WHAT'S ON THE DVD's

DISC 1
Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest
Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde
Karate Kid
Roger Rabbit
TMNT
Back to the Future
McKids
Wally Bear
Master Chu
Top Gun
Double Dragon 3

BONUS FEATURES
The full 2 minute intro
Duck Tales (Video Game Vault)
Top 10 Nerd Moments (2006)
The Fuck Reel (everytime I said "Fuck" up til Bible Games)
A Deleted Scene from Chronologically Confused
The Anger Begins
What Was I Thinking? (The un-released 13 minute AVGN documentary)

* NOTE * I'd like people to know that the documentary is from January 2007, so comments expressed DO NOT reflect any current events.

DISC 2
Friday the 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street
Power Glove
Chronologically Confused
Rocky
Bible Games

BONUS FEATURES
The original ANN intro
The Toilet video
The GT interview
Wii Salute (History of Video Game Wars)
Outtakes (about 14 minutes)
The Shit Reel (Everytime I say "Shit" up til Bible Games)
Music VIdeo Tribute by Dustin Aßmuteit
A Fan Art Gallery

NO NEW VIDEOS? - Many people are wondering why none of the videos from 2007 are included. Well, that's already about 4 hours worth of content right there. Yes, we are planning to release the new videos on DVD eventually. But FIRST, let's get the old ones out.

That's all for now, any questions, I'll try to stop by and answer as often as I can. But remember, In November, I'll be away for a while.

That sucks that he has to take out all the film footage. I may have to pick these up and hopefully encourage him to keep doing this.

The best part about it was when he compared it to standing in a pool of piss with someone about to throw shit on your head and your options is to stick your head in the pool of piss to dodge the shit or just to the shit to the face.

JoeFu

Banned
Classic Nerd with the Nerd-rage at the end. Not enough profanity though. The last part was amazing. Someone should make a gif of that.

Sean

Banned
This was one of the better ones. God that looked frustrating as hell and that was just the very first screen.

The ending skit with him walking into the closing door was awesome too.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I loved his look after he realized he had to go through the first screen again

edit: actually, that bit would make an awesome gif

Ceb

That was his best one in a while. I've watched video walkthroughs of DR before, and the game just seems hopeless.

I remember reading about Dragon's Lair in Nintendo Power way back when, but I don't think I've heard of it since. I didn't know it was that bad, or that well known.
The door at the end :lol

When isaw Dragon's Lair i thought of the cartoon animated thing and thought it wasn't a bad 'game' at all, but holy hell, that side scroller shit is like the most annoyingly hard and crappy game ever made.

Top Bottom