• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

maharg

idspispopd
But he played the 1st one and the tank controls in 2 are the same in 1, plus I doubt most would want to shoot them at the start.

Have you never played a game where the initial experience was so off-putting that you just didn't bother giving it a chance to get better?

Timu

Have you never played a game where the initial experience was so off-putting that you just didn't bother giving it a chance to get better?
I always try though no matter what goes on, I tend to give them a chance before I continue on or give up, I do this with all games I touch. This is due to the fact I want to actually like games I tried and want to see how it goes as I play them, but we all know there are a lot of games I don't like which is normal as not every game is either good or worth it.=p

shanafan

Gamergater, misogynist, breitbart fan, constantly makes videos about "evil" sjw's and feminists etc.

That's what I been told.

Very little he has done on these topics. I posted his channel earlier today asking for clarification on his character, and I haven't seen any responses.

I watch most of his stuff and I haven't seen anything close to these descriptions.

PopeReal

AOS is even named in a Breitbart article about the cultural thinkers (or whatever the fuck they say they are) fighting SJWs and the like. Breitbart loves the guy.

All the evidence is there at your fingertips. Takes minutes too get some quotes from AOS.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace

We all have, but with a game as heavily praised as RE2, i think most would see through that and try harder?

klaus

Very little he has done on these topics. I posted his channel earlier today asking for clarification on his character, and I haven't seen any responses.

I watch most of his stuff and I haven't seen anything close to these descriptions.
Perhaps you should open your eyes.

Seriously, are you blind?

Fuck AOS and fuck James & Mike for having him in the show. I don't care if he is their friend or whatnot, they are actively promoting gamergate by having him in the show and I will boycot their videos as long as AOS is in them.

PopeReal

Fuck AOS and fuck James & Mike for having him in the show. I don't care if he is their friend or whatnot, they are actively promoting gamergate by having him in the show and I will boycot their videos as long as AOS is in them.

It is all just so strange. There is no way by now that James & Mike are not aware of what AOS is all about. Maybe... and a big maybe... neither of them were aware originally. I still kind of doubt that but whatever. So all I get from this is that they don't give a shit. Disappointing.

bjork

It is all just so strange. There is no way by now that James & Mike are not aware of what AOS is all about. Maybe... and a big maybe... neither of them were aware originally. I still kind of doubt that but whatever. So all I get from this is that they don't give a shit. Disappointing.

I have friends that I've known for years and have zero idea about their personal politics. Not everyone's relationship with each other is laid out the same way. So it might be less of a big maybe. I looked at the comments on their site for that video, and it seems people only care that he curses a lot, nothing about his stance on anything.

PopeReal

I have friends that I've known for years and have zero idea about their personal politics. Not everyone's relationship with each other is laid out the same way. So it might be less of a big maybe. I looked at the comments on their site for that video, and it seems people only care that he curses a lot, nothing about his stance on anything.

I get what you are saying, but in this case both are youtubers. Logic would dictate that they know each other's content.

bjork

I get what you are saying, but in this case both are youtubers. Logic would dictate that they know each other's content.

It could work one way and not the other. Have they appeared in his content? James and Mike don't strike me as the types who sit around watching YT, given their commentary sometimes bordering on out of touch.

PopeReal

It could work one way and not the other. Have they appeared in his content? James and Mike don't strike me as the types who sit around watching YT, given their commentary sometimes bordering on out of touch.

It is possible, I will give you that. I just consider it unlikely. And if that is the case they unknowingly gave a huge stage to someone who in my opinion spreads hate.

But one thing that I know, that have received email and comments about what he is about. They do know now.

bjork

Once they're in the know, then it falls on them for sure. Maybe it's like someone said earlier, and they just recorded a bunch of stuff at once, so he won't be back? I guess we'll see.

Once they're in the know, then it falls on them for sure. Maybe it's like someone said earlier, and they just recorded a bunch of stuff at once, so he won't be back? I guess we'll see.

Heck perhaps they actually agree with him but don't use avgn as a political platform

grim-tales

I found AOS too loud and obnoxious and he didnt gel with J&M, if he comes back I just won't watch videos with him in them. J&M were hardly able to say anything

Easy_D

never left the stone age

Internet Shitbag said:
Speak out and spread the word around and share everything. No one else is going to and if they run unopposed then we will lose the internet as we know it

What a fucking idiot. He's ignorant as fuck and annoying as fuck and I sincerely hope they stop making videos with him because they're playing some interesting games too, but I just can't stand the man.

Saven

Banned
I closed the tab 30 seconds in with another cringeworthy comment "I played the SNES version a lot and I played the 32X version too and that was a piece of crap." They just can't stop bashing anything non-Nintendo related in these vids.

Don't get me wrong, the 32X version wasn't great, but it was playable unlike the SNES version. The SNES version was just AWWWFUUUUUL. That was just something that should've never been made.

Seriously, it's ok to be a fan of a console and be like "I like the SNES more than the Genesis" but they both still have that mindset that they are still at recess getting bullied for having a SNES instead of a Genesis and argue like a 10 year old in defense over it. Let it go.

Dereck

It's one of those things that I see in almost every James & Mike video and it's also one of those things that I never wanted to mention in this thread until someone else did, because I was afraid of coming off as salty or butthurt about it, even though I am probably am.

Mike more than James, but both of them have on Nintendo goggles and it's annoying when their holy bible for anything gaming are Nintendo related games and it makes me not take any of their gaming criticisms seriously because it seems like they don't give other games a chance. What's unbelievable here is that they haven't played games like Sonic the Hedgehog "anything" or other classics on other consoles, heh.

It really just makes me believe that they don't know much outside of the realm of Nintendo so they have this extreme bias towards anything else, where the Nintendo goggles is making them blind to anything else good.

Timu

Aren't they Nintendo fanboys?=O

Also I love the comments about them playing on easy and the ones where they say they suck at playing DOOM, not to mention playing with a pad instead of keyboard+mouse.

shanafan

It's one of those things that I see in almost every James & Mike video and it's also one of those things that I never wanted to mention in this thread until someone else did, because I was afraid of coming off as salty or butthurt about it, even though I am probably am.

Let loose!

I will always admit, I like watching all of their videos - but always something in their videos bother me. For example, Ryan and Mike played "Heads Up" in their latest video, and they were clearly not playing by the rules. The game is basically Catchphrase, where you can't say any part of the word on the screen. However, during the video, this happened..

"In this game you build a city." Simcity?
"This ride goes down a mountain." Splash Mountain?
"Not the male duck." Daisy Duck?

Here's the video I am referencing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x04AAsick5M

So, yeah. Now don't get me started on Pat the NES Punk lol

Timu

The AVGN needs to review Slaughter Sport and Rise of the Robots before the show is over with, those fighting games are far worse than Shaq Fu!!!

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
The AVGN needs to review Slaughter Sport and Rise of the Robots before the show is over with, those fighting games are far worse than Shaq Fu!!!

I remember Rise of the Robot being the most hyped thing since Lex Luger, but the game itself sucked monkey balls :(

... Do they know what strafing is? I mean, I'm far from good at shooters, but at least I'd TRY to strafe... even if I find it hard to hit anything while moving. :p

Oh yeah, they practically just stood in front of the demons as they were getting shot at.
Yeah, that was painful to watch. He lost 2/3rds of his health in a situation where he easily could have moved around... but no, just stand still, take hits, and shoot until they're dead. Have they tried strafing even once in either Doom video?

As for the brightness, on my CRT TV I'm fine with playing the game with the ingame brightness slider most of the way down. It is a bit dim, but that's how the game is supposed to be, and it makes things more atmospheric. However, on my HDTV it's near-impossible to see anything unless I turn it way up. Is this a common issue? And yeah, with the slider up you should be able to see fine on any TV.

bjork

I generally think James seems like a level-headed dude, but even he is not free of coming across like a spoiled manbaby when it comes to ghostbusters.

Top Bottom