• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Great episode... very funny as usual. The ending is particularly great... LJN? :lol:

ZealousD said:
No mention of the Sega Genesis Terminator?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7RJgygLrYc

Decent game, but the Sega CD one is better... better graphics, better gameplay, a more challenging and more fun (and less frustrating, at least initially) game, videos from the movie... and it's actually not a port of their Genesis game, it's an original title! Amazing, that was rare... and welcome, when the results are that good.

Oh, there's also a SMS/GG one, looks sort of like a downgraded version of the Genesis one. Those three were done by Virgin, who seems to have made better games than Mindscape's... but they still have no saving (password or otherwise) or continues. Bah. They did do one thing Mindscape didn't, though -- there are level-select cheat codes in all three games. Mindscape couldn't be bothered to do even that!

Anyway, yeah, that Sega CD game is good. But those NES and SNES ones... and the NES one in particular... sure, games were harder. That's no excuse for that kind of thing. None at all.

It is kind of funny, though... while the Virgin titles did have those level-skip codes, apart from that, no The Terminator game (that is, based on the first movie) has either continues or saving. They all have 'you die, that's game over'. Heck, in the Genesis one you even only have one life... you have a health bar, but die and that's it, start over from scratch. It does seem to be a short game, but even so, that kind of thing is annoying.

m3k

maharg said:
Eh, specialize in the era he may, but he often judges difficulty on a modern basis rather than contextual. Probably because it's funnier that way. Games were just harder then.

Fucker called T2 a better movie than Terminator. Bleh.

maybe i havent watched terminator 1 movie in too long but.... really? ill go rent again i suppose

and does anyone remember a terminator two game that started out like an arcade light gun game... actually i think it was based on the t2 arcade game by someone and i remember playing it on the gameboy

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
maharg said:
Eh, specialize in the era he may, but he often judges difficulty on a modern basis rather than contextual. Probably because it's funnier that way. Games were just harder then.

Fucker called T2 a better movie than Terminator. Bleh.

It is a better movie.

Gagaman

ZealousD said:
No mention of the Sega Genesis Terminator?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7RJgygLrYc

Y2Kev said:
Eh, nevermind. It's not right.

The Sega CD game looks awesome.

GENESIS DOES.

He needs to find more of the Genesis duds, they were plenty of them but even those rarely came close to the sheer horror of the likes of NES Dick Tracy and Dirty Harry. I guess that is 8-bit vs 16-bit though, the Snes hardly had as much shit either, seems to be an NES thing.

Jazzem

Great episode :D Loved the wrench bit.

Does anyone else find that when they click the AVGN section on GameTrailers' ScrewAttack section, the list of episodes (along with the tabs at the top) just disappear? I want to rewatch a few classic Nerds :(

Also, new Nostalgia Critic: Batman 1989 vs Dark Knight. Gotta love having new AVGNs (every two weeks), new NC and new Zero Punctuation all on the same day :D

Darklord

Banned
He looks like he's stacking on a bit of weight. After watching some of the older vids it's pretty noticeable.

That NES version was fucking dismal. I loved the ending. :lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I remember searching for Terminator games for my MegaDrive and SEGA CD and Saturn with my brother in law back in the days but we didn't find any .

my first Terminator game was Terminator: Future Shock then I bought Skynet too ( they both Awesome ) , shame that all other retro and new Terminator games are pure crap .

witness

Loved the Sega CD Terminator game, I was all of 9 or so when it came out and I loved it. It was a lot of fun, I remember beating it. So many hours I would play that game.

Cravis

witness said:
Loved the Sega CD Terminator game, I was all of 9 or so when it came out and I loved it. It was a lot of fun, I remember beating it. So many hours I would play that game.
It still holds up. I picked up a Sega CD earlier this year and it's one of my favorites. The music gets me pumped everytime.

Wizpig

LJN_Ltd_logo.png

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I was going through my old Gameboy games and decided to play a game I really hated as a kid, like Spider-Man 3. I turn it on and the fucking LJN rainbow comes up :lol

EVERY SINGLE TIME

LakeEarth

I rented the SNES version when I was a kid, and I do remember taking the whole time to beat the first stage. I think I had 1 life and got killed fast in the second level, and was shocked when it expected me to go back to the first level.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Bump to this new video getting lost in those hundreds of E3 threads. :D

Poor AVGN, not the best time to release it. ;(

Yackie

:lol This one was quality as usual.
I remember having such a hard time with T2 on the NES as a kid. I just could not get past that second level with the truck. And now after all these years I finally find out that all I had to do was shoot behind me at the truck. Dammit!

Kard8p3

Just as a heads up, later tonight on thatguywiththeglasses.com the nostalgia critic and the angry video game nerd will be doing a review together.

maharg

idspispopd
Meh, this is the kind of AVGN video where I just can't get into hating the thing he's criticizing. This is just the kind of thing best left in your childhood.

Also, the one string bass thing is weird. You definitely can have a one string bass. Won't have much note range, but it'd be functional. It's not like the primary use of a bass is to play chords.

Red Scarlet

After watching the whole thing, it felt a bit too long, and even though it was 18 minutes, they seemed a lot longer than one of the nerd's 12 minute game reviews. I never heard of the concert thing, or when it actually took place (I'm guessing after the first or second movie).

Top Bottom