• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

RedHerring

Neo Member
Damn, is it just me or does this review feel really really personal? He actually seems to be genuinely pissed off about everything :D

Great video. I remember renting the first Godzilla game and thinking it was absolute shit even when I was like 10 years old. What a glitchy mess of a game.

When he plays the Xbox and PS2 games it was hilarious how much better they were than the pieces of crap he had played before. Loved his facial expressions and when he freaks out and starts knocking over his games. :lol

Johann

RedHerring said:
Damn, is it just me or does this review feel really really personal? He actually seems to be genuinely pissed off about everything :D

I got the same feeling as well. He is a big fan of Godzilla and did a whole Monster Madness series on it.

nolookjones said:
the bugs bunny, powerglove, friday 13th and batman ones are pretty good...really like this show...wish hed pick other older systems to review like c64, atari and coleco

What? He reviews games from Atari, C64 and like 10-12 games from colecovision in the series. Don't slam him before you've seen the entire shebang dude!

Yeah that's gotta suck. Dude is obviously a huge Godzilla fan and has watched/review every movie in the series. It's not even about good games by that point. He just wants a game where its Godzilla or one of the many friends/foes going into a city and wreaking shit while they try to kill each other. Up until just recently there wasn't anything to satisfy that want.

Anth0ny

smurfx said:
mt731w.gif

I was dying of laughter :lol

FoxHimself said:
What? He reviews games from Atari, C64 and like 10-12 games from colecovision in the series. Don't slam him before you've seen the entire shebang dude!

ive seen a few atari and one c64...ill have to look for more...i guess i meant i wish it was more even instead of heavy on the nintendo...not meant as a slam at all...

maharg

idspispopd
Damn that Angry Nintendo Nerd focusing on the Nintendo generations. :p

And I don't care that he changed the name. It's pretty clear that the games he actually played when they came out are mostly late NES and SNES, hence the original name.

Red Scarlet

kevm3 said:
Godzilla NES actually was a great game.

I liked it when I was a kid, and bought it last year. Played through it, and it was kind of fun, but it felt really repetetive after a couple planets.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Red Scarlet said:
Thought there was a new one. :(
mt731w.gif

I was wondering why it was bumped in the middle of the afternoon when new nerd videos are usually much later during the day. :lol

But yeah, he got me. Damn you Purkake4.

teepo

the good old days of scanning the tv guide weekly to check if any godzilla movies were playing. i'm resonating with this already.

Baker

Banned
I don't remember the original NES game being bad. I have a picture laying around somewhere of me beating it.

I'll watch the vid and see if it brings back any memories.

Trakdown

He seemed really...bored. Or maybe disappointed or tired. Not so much "angry".

Then again, he did post that he was taking a vacation, so that's probably why.

Yeah this episode was very low-key

But I did somehow get stuck with a copy of the Wayne's World for the NES. Yeah it's all about proper timing with Wayne's kicks and jumps, it took me a long time, but I finally beat the game.

Top Bottom