• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I can imagine the designers being high laughing about warp birds, random ladders, ending the game by jumping off a random platform. :lol

Great episode!

When he did the charades bit at the beginning, somehow I thought "Dr. Wily?"

But man good thing I never grew up playing that game.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
AVGN is best when he's toned down a little and just points out the absurdity contained in many 80s games.

LowParry

Now that's the AVGN I love and enjoy. Sure I like a little side acting stuff like the Bugs Bunny stuff but this, this is what I love. Good watch!

Ferrio

Banned
I remember renting it as a kid. I even thought it sucked back then. When a kid in the 80's thinks a game sucks it was a really really bad game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
shaowebb said:
Warp...BIRD!?!
Shit got me by surprise :lol So good!

Ahhhhhh, back to the basics. Glad to see the focus back on just playing the game after the last episode, and Super Pitfall looks like it deserves all his ire. It's classic AVG fodder. FAQ or no, he's a trooper to actually schlep all the way through that steaming pile of dung for our amusement. Salute.

vocab said:
I own that game, and I never liked it at all.

I loved that one, it was my favorite game on Jaguar. I'm not sure how well it's aged, but at the time, I enjoyed it. Pretty tough game but it had really sharp graphics and fun stages.

Speaking of which, another Pitfall game that has an undeserved reputation is Pitfall 3D on PSX. I enjoyed that one from start to finish.

Anyway, nice AVGN episode. Another great ending too. I never played this game, and now I never will.

Wow, great episode! I hope the nerd never runs out of shitty games!

Can't believe that Nintendo approved this pos! Nintendo seal of quality? Really?

so1337

That was fantastic. Whenever he actually plays through the whole game I find myself enjoying the show immensely. This is how it's supposed to be.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I actually loved Super Pitfall when I was a kid. It was actually my first or one of my first NES games.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Friday as in today, or next Friday?

Also, man I must be psychic if it's this Friday. Whenever I think to myself, "huh, there should be an AVGN today" there always is.

Assuming it comes out today. :p

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wow, he somehow made all 3 newer Godzilla games look like gold. :lol

HUELEN10

Damn, he went and covered
last gen games
! I guess it still takes us back to the past, so it is not foul play.

BTW, someone needs to make GIFs.

What a great episode.

Top Bottom