• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

the ending was so spot on :lol

It's like how there were good Batman and Ghostbuster games in the past, but it wasn't until the most recent two that they captured everything you thought they should be. (yes, there was a good Ghostbuster games on the Genesis)

Snaku

Banned
I feel his pain about Godzilla games. Was sorta disappointed he didn't give the two Dreamcast games a spin.

The meltdown at the end was epic though. :lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
_Alkaline_ said:
The Gameboy Godzilla game. :lol

I burst out laughing. :lol Holy crap, the intro was all badass, then it switched to fricking
Bubble Bobble
. :lol

RobbieNick

Been waiting for this. I'm as big a Godzilla fan as I am a Sonic fan. Just picked up the latest Godzilla X-Mas ornament from American Greetings. I did like the last 3 Godzilla fighting games, but yea. Everything else is crap.

There was one other early '90s US-released Godzilla game, the quite rare late 1993/early 1994 Turbo CD game named "Godzilla". It was one of the system's last releases in the US though, and sold horribly of course... evidently it is a 1 on 1 fighting game, though, though just an average one based on reviews.

Anyway, great episode. And yeah, licensed games aren't often great, are they. Once in a while one is... but usually not.

(Oh, and I've never played it, but that Game Boy Godzilla game looked fun. Silly, but fun. :))

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
That was a great episode! The ending with the two Xbox and the PS2 games were awesome! Poor AVGN. It's everything he wanted in the past.

Amalthea

Banned
The GB Godzilla was actually a SD Godzilla game in Japan. For the western release they decided to slap good ol' badass Godzi in the titlescreen.
It's really strange if you don't know this but it's not the worst Godzilla game.

Here's the original titlescreen:
dfha3l.jpg

Jackl

Last gens games seem mediocre or bad now, but back then they would have been fucking amazing. Just shows how gamers expectations have grown over the years.

I know as a godzilla freak too, if those games had existed at that time I too would have shit all over myself with glee.

Drame

Man, the ending was just too good.
Somehow, James made the new Godzilla games look like the greatest thing since sliced bread :lol.

Johann

I remember Godzilla 2. Huge disappointment since it was practically the opposite of what you expect from a Godzilla game.

Bluth54

Tyrant_Onion said:
Is Godzilla Unleashed any good?
I've only played the Wii version, it would of been a decent fighter but I had serious problems getting the motion controls to register correctly, which are used for pretty much all of the moves. The classic and Gamecube controller should of been supported.

Also it would of been nice if it was in development for another month or two so they could completely iron out the remaining bugs.

the bugs bunny, powerglove, friday 13th and batman ones are pretty good...really like this show...wish hed pick other older systems to review like c64, atari and coleco

Chao

Guzim said:
Can someone make a gif of when his reaction from 7:20-7:24 when he first sees Godzilla 2 :lol :lol :lol
Here you go:
34shuyw.jpg

Oh shit I forgot to put a loop on that

Edit: Fixed

Top Bottom