• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

XaosWolf

Take it from me, I'm a serious player. I'm an unemployed 34 year old housewife with NO tolerance for kids. I don't take nonsense. Either you show dedication to the game or understanding the game, you'll be added immediately.

Well I certainly admire your dedication. =D

GAMERG0D

4904790961120_b.jpg

Animal Crossing merchandising looks so cute (just like the game itself). Actually, the whole concept does remind me of Polly Pocket (less kiddy of course).
I wish I had merch, the only video game merch I have is Pokemon plushes I guess. Never was big on figures and the like.

Philia

So are the neighbors you get totally random? If they move from your town do they ever move back?

Sure. I had one pesky move back lol.

I now am curious what'd happen if you had the SAME neighbor... and what would that neighbor in the other town say to you...?

Grizzo

I wish I had merch, the only video game merch I have is Pokemon plushes I guess. Never was big on figures and the like.

Well I agree with you, it requires a certain dedication which I don't have for now (I only own like some Nintendo plushes, most of them were friends' gift). Maybe someday, because it sure looks great on a gamer's shelf !

Well I agree with you, it requires a certain dedication which I don't have for now (I only own like some Nintendo plushes, most of them were friends' gift). Maybe someday, because it sure looks great on a gamer's shelf !

I've got a few Nintendo plushies myself. A Boo and a Koopa Troopa. I try to get one if I have the money any time I visit the Nintendo World store up in Manhattan. They have SO MANY TOYS. Next one I think I'm going to go for is the catapillar guy from Super Mario World.

Grizzo

I've got a few Nintendo plushies myself. A Boo and a Koopa Troopa. I try to get one if I have the money any time I visit the Nintendo World store up in Manhattan. They have SO MANY TOYS. Next one I think I'm going to go for is the catapillar guy from Super Mario World.

And don't forget to scoop up some Animal Crossing action figures if you find any ! :p

What do you guys do as far as paths go? Do you use patterns, outline with flowers, or something else? I ask because I've always had a hard time with the building and animal house placements. I'd like to have a nice/pretty path that isn't curving around everything too much but it probably can't be helped.

Maximus.

Damn this game. I told myself I wasnt going to get it, but after seeing all the positive reviews, I have to give it a chance! I will be downloading it digitally because for me, its that kind of game!

And don't forget to scoop up some Animal Crossing action figures if you find any ! :p

There has to be some there now if they just released a bunch. They're limited on other franchises, but if you want anything Pokemon they got what you need. So many toys and plushies out the ass.

I'll keep an eye out for any Animal Crossing stuff though next time I'm up in the city (I live across the bay from Manhattan so it's only about an hour train ride for me). Though I think the best part of that place is the Museum Case they have of all various Nintendo franchises. Think the sword they have is from Fire Emblem, all the consoles, a burned Gameboy from a soldier during Desert Storm I think. Also the prizes from Club Nintendo. I took a bunch of pictures on my 3DS so I'll be happy to send them out on Swapnote if interested.

SeZMehK

There has to be some there now if they just released a bunch. They're limited on other franchises, but if you want anything Pokemon they got what you need. So many toys and plushies out the ass.

I'll keep an eye out for any Animal Crossing stuff though next time I'm up in the city (I live across the bay from Manhattan so it's only about an hour train ride for me). Though I think the best part of that place is the Museum Case they have of all various Nintendo franchises. Think the sword they have is from Fire Emblem, all the consoles, a burned Gameboy from a soldier during Desert Storm I think. Also the prizes from Club Nintendo. I took a bunch of pictures on my 3DS so I'll be happy to send them out on Swapnote if interested.

Are you going on Saturday for the event at Nintendo World? I will be there with my wife even though she isn't a gamer. Lol.

Adamator

I almost hate to ask this because I have a feeling it's a hard question to answer.

I've never played Animal Crossing but I've been intrigued by this game due to all the hype and the very good reviews I have read. I am tempted to give it a try. But I know nothing about the series.

Every time I read about it, it being some sort of game akin to something like sims or something is all I can come up with.

What can I expect? What is this series like?

The most loaded question of all: How will I know if I'd like it?

Philia

I almost hate to ask this because I have a feeling it's a hard question to answer.

I've never played Animal Crossing but I've been intrigued by this game due to all the hype and the very good reviews I have read. I am tempted to give it a try. But I know nothing about the series.

Every time I read about it, it being some sort of game akin to something like sims or something is all I can come up with.

What can I expect? What is this series like?

The most loaded question of all: How will I know if I'd like it?

Do you like how laidback the Harvest Moon series was?

Are you going on Saturday for the event at Nintendo World? I will be there with my wife even though she isn't a gamer. Lol.

Didn't even know there was an event. Though I should have known. I've been there for the Wii launch event though.

Sadly however I have friends coming back up from Texas for the weekend and then there's a local annual seafood festival going on as well and then of course hitting up the bars afterwards since it is a Saturday night.

Have fun there though! I always make it a priority to stop by the Nintendo World store when I'm by because it's the one place I get Street Pass to go wild.

Also kind of funny... I'm wearing my Nintendo World t-shirt haha. It's they blackish/grayish one with a NES controller in the center with it saying Nintendo World New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom