• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

beta_fuse

I almost hate to ask this because I have a feeling it's a hard question to answer.

I've never played Animal Crossing but I've been intrigued by this game due to all the hype and the very good reviews I have read. I am tempted to give it a try. But I know nothing about the series.

Every time I read about it, it being some sort of game akin to something like sims or something is all I can come up with.

What can I expect? What is this series like?

The most loaded question of all: How will I know if I'd like it?

You can expect fun. The series is fun. You'll know if you like it when you're having fun.

Key word here is fun.

I'm gonna leave this here. Stole it from the launch trailer.

XhX1I2T.gif

Karkador

Banned
Didn't even know there was an event. Though I should have known. I've been there for the Wii launch event though.

Sadly however I have friends coming back up from Texas for the weekend and then there's a local annual seafood festival going on as well and then of course hitting up the bars afterwards since it is a Saturday night.

Have fun there though! I always make it a priority to stop by the Nintendo World store when I'm by because it's the one place I get Street Pass to go wild.

Also kind of funny... I'm wearing my Nintendo World t-shirt haha. It's they blackish/grayish one with a NES controller in the center with it saying Nintendo World New York.

If it makes a difference, the event is in the morning (and you can buy the game early! :eek:)

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda feel like Animal Crossing is also the type of game that really depends on your mood much more than other games. It's quite life-like and involving in its playstyle.

I'm actually worried that I'll find far less enjoyment out of it right now considering I'm going through a terribly rough spot. I wonder if I'll love the world if I'm feeling cynical. :/

Well, I hope I'm wrong~

Karkador

Banned
I am going to leave home at 7, to get there at 7:30. I'll just wait in line to get in and buy the game! :D See I am dedicated! Lol

Oh god, I am thinking of getting there at about the same time, or maybe at 8, but I hope the turnout isn't as insane as pokemon and it's not already a humongous line by then...

*looks at the number of posts in AC threads*

D:

If it makes a difference, the event is in the morning (and you can buy the game early! :eek:)

It really doesn't. Though if it was on pretty much any other Saturday I would have been free to go.

And as much as I would like the game early, I have to be good and wait as I'm going to pick up the digital version as this is the sort of game that makes sense to have it on the go like that.

SeZMehK

Oh god, I am thinking of getting there at about the same time, or maybe at 8, but I hope the turnout isn't as insane as pokemon and it's not already a humongous line by then...

*looks at the number of posts in AC threads*

D:

Oh god, thinking about Nintendo World during a pokemon launch, makes me a shudder...

So who wants to add me to their Best Friends list or be added to my Best Friends list?

What's that? Is it the gift giving delivery service? If so, then I'm probably going to be giving away all no Fire Emblem related goods. If anyone wants them let me know

FillerB

One of the guys I follow on twitter was raving about this last night, there's an iOS app that lets you convert your own images into patterns for the game by generating a QR code.

From a couple of pages ago but bringing it up again for a question. Is there a PC-version or does anyone have the data structure from the QR Codes? As in how the designs are saved. Because an iOS/Android app is nice and all but I rather just use Photoshop and then convert it to a QR Code.

Philia

What's that? Is it the gift giving delivery service? If so, then I'm probably going to be giving away all no Fire Emblem related goods. If anyone wants them let me know

No, the Best Friend feature allows you to "im" people while playing AC:NL. You can also "shout" to all of your friends of something important like turnip prices.

Linius

Well we had a great following and a drought of 6 years since. So yeah part of it is all that build up of wanting MORE.

Yeah, scanning trough the thread learned me that 99 percent of the posts are about friendlists and stuff so I don't feel like I miss any relevant news about the game it self :p

I kinda feel like Animal Crossing is also the type of game that really depends on your mood much more than other games. It's quite life-like and involving in its playstyle.

I'm actually worried that I'll find far less enjoyment out of it right now considering I'm going through a terribly rough spot. I wonder if I'll love the world if I'm feeling cynical. :/

Well, I hope I'm wrong~

But it's also comforting and relaxing because, no matter what happens, it's never as shitty as what could be happening to you in real life. There's solace in that. Won't lie, it's one of the reasons I still love World of Warcraft. There's something to be said about worlds that help soothe. The part you have to be cautious about is how much you let it take you away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom