• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Oh this might be interesting for some of you, the yetee restocked it's Nook shirt.

xfski4h.png

Tangeroo

I finally landed on a town name. "Seaward"

I was surprised to see that there was so little West Coast representation on the GAF list. Please send me an invite!

3136-6565-8234

Philia

To bring things a bit more on topic, what are you guys planning to work on first?

YAY, someone asked.

Okay. First thing I do when I open up my town?

Name my character Philia, my town Destiny (Hope the Tales fans catch this reference... :3 ) and pick my layout to be either these...

jRSHPel.png
orhkQxW.png
FcHMAqE.png

if not available... RESET. Layout is a HUGE deal for me. You don't even KNOW. Source and explanation on layouts..., the reason? Rivers take up VALUABLE space that's could be useful for massive hybridization of flowers (WW's example) or a lovely orchard set up with a bunch of foreign fruit to sell for a lot of bells after a good amount of trading with friends.

Pick my face with "I don't remember, Moving, Not really" choices.

Pick my hair with Forest Town and Business/Fresh choices.

Go around and see what fruit I got. Upload my new avatar on GAF with any of these icons attached.

lLHkU6y.png
CapuK4Q.png
UOdpMvs.png
bJ0sTn4.png
fzhMggB.png
u2lWxJF.png

Everyone starts with a native "Village" fruit, you don't have any other fruit on that list. You can get more by visiting. There's benefits to this because you can sell foreign fruit for more money or your native fruits for more money in a friends' town. Anyway, I thought it'd be helpful for everyone in the thread to assign your native fruit icon to your avatar to let people know which ones you got.

There's also Two Palm fruits, unfortunately bananas don't wash up on a beach like a coconut does, so its up there with the trade icons for that purpose.

There's also Island Fruits but they're completely available solo. So no need to try to get those in trading.

Then, I'll check out which neighbors I got.

I'll list them here on GAF which ones I got. I don't personally prefer any villager except the friendly peppy ones (Rosie especially).

Next I'll head to the shops and try to get one of the tools they're selling.

Fishing Rod or Bug Net or a Shovel. These are the money making tools you need immediately imho. Axe is to clear away trees you don't like in an area. I do wish I can remove rocks though.

I'll go around my town and check out the placement of my neighbors houses and shops and see if I can pick a very nice wide area for an orchard for all kinds of fruits I'll get from trading with other GAFfers. Ditto with a garden of flowers.

After that, I'll check with GAF and see if any of my friends had added me back :D and I'll go trading with them for their fruits.

I'd want to buy their tools but I imagine they'd already bought it or need it eventually. But yeah only then the next day we'll see if we got dupes that we don't need and that we can share with others.

After the bit of trading and the like, I'll see if I have enough bells to buy a nice set of outfit to match my preferred character or something. Philia wore a white robe with red sash and green embroidery. Its lovely but there's no QR right now that fits that. I'll have to mess with the design of similar ones out right now for a bit.

Depending on which tool(s) I got, the rest can happen.

After I get all that, I'll dig up every chicken scratch I find, pick up all the flowers to assign in a garden alcove somewhere. I'll go bug catching/fishing if the hours haven't passed for those specific ones or carry on for those which haven't.

Bug/Fishing can go for all day because there's still a LOT to get. After I get all of those (fossils, bugs, fish) I'll donate to the museum to make Blathers happy lmao.

I won't chop down my trees until I get all of the fruits I can get to assign to manually.

I'll keep spamming this post until everyone gets the idea of how to plan.

Avixph

I volunteer for this mission, sir!

What's that? Is it the gift giving delivery service? If so, then I'm probably going to be giving away all no Fire Emblem related goods. If anyone wants them let me know

sure thing!

I wish!

me

you're a funny guy

So I'll put you peeps in my Best Friends list, but before that if you haven't my Friend Code (3351-4048-3013) please do and also PM me your Friend Code.

Filtered by -5 Timezone, non-Time traveling Night Owls. 28 others of you. Added you all.

Includes

Admiral Snackbar
almostheathen
beta_fuse
BooJoh
Brawl96
BroBuzz
bsej87
CrAzYLeGzLU
Darryl
DMPrince
DoctorWho
euphemism
Eyothrie
Firehead
gosox333
Gryph
GundamBanshee
jacob armitage
Marshall Lee
Metal Khaos
MetalGuardian
OneLetter
Rollo Larson
Sats
SmithnCo
Soulmate
Stoof
Vegivo

I am actually planning to get no sleep and simply play the game until the sun rises. Then I will grab some breakfast and keep playing. Three years guys. Three years.

B00TE

O.O

You were sitting on that post the whole time, weren't you?

Me? Not sure. I'm playing by ear. It'll probably depends on my layout/mood/which villagers I want to beat with a net to drive out first.

Doing the same. There's lots to do right from the start so I'll do whatever I fancy right then. The first day is gonna be a big one.

Elija2

To bring things a bit more on topic, what are you guys planning to work on first?

I think for the first week I'm gonna mostly play by myself to get my town into shape. I'll probably go online to get different fruit for my town, but that's about it.

Filtered by -5 Timezone, non-Time traveling Night Owls. 28 others of you. Added you all.

Includes

Admiral Snackbar
almostheathen
beta_fuse
BooJoh
Brawl96
BroBuzz
bsej87
CrAzYLeGzLU
Darryl
DMPrince
DoctorWho
euphemism
Eyothrie
Firehead
gosox333
Gryph
GundamBanshee
jacob armitage
Marshall Lee
Metal Khaos
MetalGuardian
OneLetter
Rollo Larson
Sats
SmithnCo
Soulmate
Stoof
Vegivo
EST? If so, I'm part of that group too, I'm just -4 due to daylight savings time.

Labrys

I'm actually not sure who's going to be on my BF list.
I'd assume my Korean friend, because we've gotten to know each other. Other than her, I think I'll wait to see who I play with the most before adding them.

beta_fuse

Includes

Admiral Snackbar
almostheathen
beta_fuse
BooJoh
Brawl96
BroBuzz
bsej87
CrAzYLeGzLU
Darryl
DMPrince
DoctorWho
euphemism
Eyothrie
Firehead
gosox333
Gryph
GundamBanshee
jacob armitage
Marshall Lee
Metal Khaos
MetalGuardian
OneLetter
Rollo Larson
Sats
SmithnCo
Soulmate
Stoof
Vegivo

Sweet I made a list. I'll add you tonight when I get a chance, if not tomorrow!

So do I. :( Its a conversation tool as well as selective option of who can enter your town besides "ALL" on your 100 friends list.

Oh well!

The offer still stands. All Pikimin, Mario, Zelda, Starfox, Kid Icarus and other related hats/accessories/furniture will be given away. Anyone feel free to let me know if wanted

darklin0

Banned
I finally landed on a town name. "Seaward"

I was surprised to see that there was so little West Coast representation on the GAF list. Please send me an invite!

3136-6565-8234
Added. My FC: 5327 1267 3124
I'll keep spamming this post until everyone gets the idea of how to plan.
Very comprehensive. I have a similar detailed list on paper taped on my wall. I will type it down eventually.
Actually, that's a difficult question.
Getting 100 mayor point should be the first goal.
Yes, gotta start those community projects ASAP.
Trading fruits. Then fishing to get enough bells to buy turnips on Sunday.
Fishing all day errday.
Gather some fruit from other villages (hopefully) and start work on an orchard!
Yeah, gotta get all the fruit not native to my town, this is a must.

Sleepy

On Topic: I was thinking of planning everything out and really structuring my AC life, then I remembered that this is exactly what my real life is like. So I think I am going to do what I want, when I want in the game. I'm looking forward to the freedom...well, as much as old Nook will allow me. ;)

LMAO! Now you got me dying over here. <3 Don't worry your secret is STILL safe with me. :3

Just remember who is good for laughs when you are thinking about friends and besties. lol

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
I don't hate you Flynn. ;_;

Good... ;_;

But it's also comforting and relaxing because, no matter what happens, it's never as shitty as what could be happening to you in real life. There's solace in that. Won't lie, it's one of the reasons I still love World of Warcraft. There's something to be said about worlds that help soothe. The part you have to be cautious about is how much you let it take you away.

Yeah. My main hope is to be completely absorbed in the world and its characters, and to not let my real life affect that view. I don't really mind how much it takes up...

Then again, I'm probably feeling quite cynical of my enjoyment because of what happened 2 weeks back.

Anyway, I should stop being so depressing. x)

On Topic: I was thinking of planning everything out and really structuring my AC life, then I remembered that this is exactly what my real life is like. So I think I am going to do what I want, when I want in the game. I'm looking forward to the freedom...well, as much as old Nook will allow me. ;)

*high five* Fuck yeah!

Then again, I'm probably feeling quite cynical of my enjoyment because of what 2 weeks back.

It's cool - I know that feel. Just need some healing. You have us and AC in the meantime. :)

SuperSah

Banned
Good... ;_;

Yeah. My main hope is to be completely absorbed in the world and its characters, and to not let my real life affect that view. I don't really mind how much it takes up...

Then again, I'm probably feeling quite cynical of my enjoyment because of what 2 weeks back.

I have no idea why, but you're super friendly and it's gonna be fun to visit and tras- I mean, enjoy your town! ;3

Anyone else intend to upgrade the tent asap? I dooooo

darklin0

Banned
I'm going to catch all the fish and bugs for the season, and trade fruit.
This is always a must do for me. Fishing is my favorite thing to do.
I think for the first week I'm gonna mostly play by myself to get my town into shape. I'll probably go online to get different fruit for my town, but that's about it.
Solid plan. I will probably have my gates open all the time.
Town improvements. Tent living TILL I DIE.
The tent is pretty cool. Problem is the customization is so cool I have to upgrade.
I will also go around and check out the flowers my town started with. :p

You better start with a different fruit than me. Or else.

cherries fo' life
I will have cherries, you will have butt fruit.

Linius

Keep those more in depth "what I'm going to do" posts coming. I'll get some usefull tips and tricks out of that. I had no planning whatsoever up till this moment. Except for the name of my town :p

Animekatt

I have no idea why, but you're super friendly and it's gonna be fun to visit and tras- I mean, enjoy your town! ;3

Anyone else intend to upgrade the tent asap? I dooooo

Yes. A lady shouldn't be in a tent for a long period of time. I need mah bed and a/c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom