• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Fishing is usually the best way. At least it is for me.....
So, if I have the fishing pole at first, fishing all day.
There is also the money rock if you got the shovel. But once per day only.
Fruits won't sell a lot in your town.
Catching bug is still here but I don't know if you can sell those for a lot of bells.

I think the main problem is talk about pimps and creepy pictures, really. The main culprit I have seen for this is sats. If we can get that stuff out of this thread and just not make ANY PG-13 jokes, it will probably not be locked.

You go to the town hall and use a ingame editor to change your town theme. :3

Oh, really? Hmm. Is there any specific thing to it? Like say something from a different game or you create it? A-And does it play throughout the whole entire time you're playing? ^^

I'm really interested in these type of things. :3

SmithnCo

Fishing is usually the best way. At least it is for me.....

This. Apparently the island has higher-priced fish too.

I know Isabelle can give you a shovel, net and rod at the town hall to get you started, I just hope she will on the first night so I can start fishing right away.

bomblord

Banned
The way I made money in the WW I just basically stocked my town with foreign fruit I had it to the point there were more foreign fruits than native. Every 3 days I would get about 30k bells.

I also would fish for red snappers and sell those and in summer for barred knifejaws. I would usually fill up my inventory with those 2 and throw back everything else.

Adamator

I must warn you though, its tedious "pruning" type of game if you don't invest your daily time (like a hour) well.

Thanks for the replies. But what do you mean by pruning?

I use to play MMOs, for whatever that's worth, but I long got bored of them. Now with a full time job and a good relationship, I have no desire. I do have roughly 1 1/2 hours a day of commuting on the train and my break that I love using to play my 3DS.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So, is anyone else not going to donate whatever they find to Blathers first, and use it all to get bells, bells, bells?

I wanna make it rain on dem hoes
Donating first. You find so many duplicates that you'll be making money off of them very quickly all the while hunting for that last piece for a year.

SuperSah

Banned
Oh, really? Hmm. Is there any specific thing to it? Like say something from a different game or you create it? A-And does it play throughout the whole entire time you're playing? ^^

I'm really interested in these type of things. :3

It has a series of notes you kind of adjust to make your own tune. It only serves as the bell chime for each hour though..

SeZMehK

So, if I have the fishing pole at first, fishing all day.
There is also the money rock if you got the shovel. But once per day only.
Fruits won't sell a lot in your town.
Catching bug is still here but I don't know if you can sell those for a lot of bells.

The best way to make money at the beginning? From the looks of it, I'm leaning towards the fishing pole first. I might change my mind and get the shovel...

What is everyone's opinion on the matter?

ResignationPlayer.jpg

I'm going into lurk mode only now. I'll PM people if I have a response to something and/or I can help.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Fishing is a fine way to make money early on. Usually selling non-native fruit is a decent way to make cash early on as well.

Philia

Thanks for the replies. But what do you mean by pruning?

I use to play MMOs, for whatever that's worth, but I long got bored of them. Now with a full time job and a good relationship, I have no desire. I do have roughly 1 1/2 hours a day of commuting on the train and my break that I love using to play my 3DS.

You'd want to water your flowers, pull your weeds, talk to the neighbors you like and check out the shops. And yeah daily commutes is perfect for this game. I just hope you don't feel like you're wasting your buck on this because its not your thing. Don't be pressured because of the hype.

Noaksey

Neo Member
Basically, do what you want.
If you like collecting stuffs, meet cute NPC, design your house, furniture and cloth, or just play some mini-games and relax, you might enjoy this game.

you can also do it along side friends and family who also have the game :D

Kokonoe

Banned
What is the appeal of this game? Never played it.

The appeal is kind of hard to explain in a way where it sounds fun. It plays more fun than it sounds, but I think one way to put it would be that it's a 'do whatever you want' type of game. At your own pace, at your own leisure, and it's a real calm, silly, and charming game.

It's just fun. You can fish, catch bugs, find fossils, decorate your house, and more.

SmithnCo

The best way to make money at the beginning? From the looks of it, I'm leaning towards the fishing pole first. I might change my mind and get the shovel...

What is everyone's opinion on the matter?

Fishing overall I guess, though the shovel has the benefit of money rock and planting other towns' fruit.

Luckily I think Isabelle gives you a shovel and lets you choose from a net or rod. Rod should be the obvious choice there.

Honestly, I have never played this game at all. Just reading the OT and comments from the people here, has gotten me really excited for it. In one little sentence: Basically bringing people in together. Giving you the freedom of what You want to do, and how you want to do it. I dunno' I just really love what it offers. ^^

It has a series of notes you kind of adjust to make your own tune. It only serves as the bell chime for each hour though..

Oooh, okay. I see what you mean. Well at least it still gives such a feature, and I really look forward to that, and creating such a perfect theme for my town.

It's a game where you play at your own pace. You are a resident of (and in the 3DS version's case, the mayor of) a town populated by animals. You're the only human. There is no "goal" to speak of. You have a central mortgage to pay off on your house, a hub that you can decorate as you see fit, with furniture and textures. This could be seen as the primary thing to do, but it's not the only thing to do by a long shot, and again because in New Leaf you are the mayor, it becomes even more minor.

For example, you can capture a wide variety of fish and insects and donate them to a museum for display. You can interact with the various villagers, build a reputation with them, and this will give you access to gifts from them among other things. There are also various events, some based on real-life holidays like Christmas and Hallo'ween, some entirely fictional.

The game also runs on a real-time clock, so if it's Winter where you are, it's Winter in the game. Animals will wonder where you've gone if you don't play for a while, and your town will become overgrown with weeds. That's not to say you're punished for leaving the game on the side, just that it emphasizes how the game carries on when you're not playing.

Hope that helped a little. It's a really relaxing game, if you're looking for something like that. It's often compared to The Sims and Harvest Moon, but it's quite different to those two franchises in a lot of ways too.

SeZMehK

Fishing is a fine way to make money early on. Usually selling non-native fruit is a decent way to make cash early on as well.

Oh cool. Looks like I will get the pole first.

It was mentioned earlier but I didn't see the answer but why SHOULDN'T we donate to a friend's museum?

SuperSah

Banned
Honestly, I have never played this game at all. Just reading the OT and comments from the people here, has gotten me really excited for it. In one little sentence: Basically bringing people in together. Giving you the freedom of what You want to do, and how you want to do it. I dunno' I just really love what it offers. ^^

Oooh, okay. I see what you mean. Well at least it still gives such a feature, and I really look forward to that, and creating such a perfect theme for my town.

Yeah, you get it! I'm going to leave mine at default. I'm terrible at making things.

Kouriozan

It was mentioned earlier but I didn't see the answer but why SHOULDN'T we donate to a friend's museum?
Because he might be OCD and want to fill the museum alone :p
When you check a fish/bug etc, it tell you who donated it.

I wasn't even aware that you could donate to a friend's museum? Well, it might possibly be this; whenever you donate something, your name gets attached to that donation. It's possible your friend might want the credit for catching and donating a super rare Barred Knifejaw, for example.

I know back when I played Wild World I was pretty pissed to discover my little brother had donated 50% of the fish.

MicH

I'm a little OCD about the museum so I'm donating everything first! Need dem golden tools!

I just saw the golden watering can in motion and it watering several flowers is amazing

Also I agree with the chatty sentiment. At times it's a bit much with people saying "Morning!" And "Night". Hopefully we can keep it more focused.

SmithnCo

The museum lists the name of those who donated, and some people don't like it if they didn't donate everything themselves.

I don't know if it's possible to donate in other towns though.

Careful, fishing can get addicting! Though if you're trying to make bells off of it, that may not be a bad thing.

I don't think you can donate to other people's museums over wifi, so it shouldn't be a problem. But I guess the problem would the whole "personal collection" aspect of the game. Some people probably just want to collect things themselves.

Philia

Do anyone want to create a chatroom? I wish I would but I don't know my way around with IRC. Otherwise, I'm bailing from this thread. :\

I'll love to keep helping out everyone in there too.

SmithnCo

So do you have to pay rent or anything? If so... how does that work with multiple players on the same system?

You can pay nook to upgrade your house. You don't have to, but you'll want to. Multiple players have their own homes they can pay off.

Mmm. To answer this, basically rude? Some people would rather habe things done by themselves then to have help or get through things faster.

Yeah, you get it! I'm going to leave mine at default. I'm terrible at making things.

Whaat, you could always try to. It doesn't hurt to try. ^^

Noaksey

Neo Member
So do you have to pay rent or anything? If so... how does that work with multiple players on the same system?

Basically you have a mortgage and buy selling your items and swapping for rarer fruits to make the money to pay it off and to upgrade your home.

Salsa

I dont think there's a need for a chat room, it's pretty clear what's fine here and what strikes people as weird/unnecessary/creepy

for a while now we've been having conversations about the game just fine, before that we had sats and robin weirdly flirting or making double entendre and sats talking about having a pimp and whatever

I gather that's the stuff that's annoying people who don't feel included in this newly found "communtiy"

just gotta avoid that stuff, it's weird guys

I like this thread and all but I can't complain over some legit warnings

Philia

Okay I won't derail the thread ANY further with this IRC talk but if it helps the mods and keep this thread clean and all. I'll just say this.

If you want to join us, PM me or Robin64 to join the chat. Thank you for your dedication to this thread and I hope to see you there.

kidko

One aspect that really appeals to me is how it ties into the system clock.

-In-game weather changes with the seasons
-special events happen on real-world holidays
-visitors and events appear at certain times on weekly/monthly schedules

Not really all that important, but could you take screenshots within the game? Say you're playing with a friend, and you want to capture the moment. Could you? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom