• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onikaan

Do anyone want to create a chatroom? I wish I would but I don't know my way around with IRC. Otherwise, I'm bailing from this thread. :\

Don't make yourself look guilty. If people would just abide by the rules, this thread could go places instead of being nipped in the bud.

I stopped posting because I can hardly keep up, it's like a runaway train. I can see why it's daunting for new folk to post.

I dont think there's a need for a chat room, it's pretty clear what's fine here and what strikes people as weird/unnecessary/creepy

for a while now we've been having conversations about the game just fine, before that we had sats and robin weirdly flirting or making double entendre and sats talking about having a pimp and whatever

I gather that's the stuff that's annoying people who don't feel included in this newly found "communtiy"

just gotta avoid that stuff, it's weird guys

I like this thread and all but I can't complain over some legit warnings

For real.

And don't get annoyed with people who ask questions that have been answered before! The thread moves pretty fast, and we want more people playing this game.

Stoof

It is, it really is. I really do enjoy it all here, and hope to make some loving memories. :) Heh. Thanks Stoof. ^^ It feels nice to hear that. XP

I can definitely agree with that! But I think I might gone for a few days, depending on reveals for E3. >.< But I will never just leave this place!
Anytime! :D

LOL thanks, the bananas were my own editing actually. I got the rest from a website that probably had better high res images of them.
Haha, I figured. They reminded me of the DKCR bananas. :p

By the way, what is your best method to get money early on?
Fruit and fishing for me!

Okay my draft list of 27/32 best friends for SC [based on interactions with you on GAF =)]:
List
Sorry if I missed some peeps, will need to play with you within game.
Spaces pending on some other peeps not from this AC thread, but anyway I'm at 99/100 friend (Philia's spot is saved =) ) so gonna check if anyone unfriended me T-T then I may have free spaces XD

Wow I missed those posts =/, glad I did XD
Thanks a bunch! :D

Do anyone want to create a chatroom? I wish I would but I don't know my way around with IRC. Otherwise, I'm bailing from this thread. :\

I'll love to keep helping out everyone in there too.
I'd be fine with it, to help keep some chat out of the thread. Might be a little hectic though!

Robin64

Okay I won't derail the thread ANY further with this IRC talk but if it helps the mods and keep this thread clean and all. I'll just say this.

If you want to join us, PM me or Robin64 to join the chat. Thank you for your dedication to this thread and I hope to see you there.

This. We have a chat set up. It probably makes sense, really!

Posting here can stick to game facts, as an OT should.

http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23newleaf&server=bendenweyr.dyndns.org

SuperSah

Banned
Not really all that important, but could you take screenshots within the game? Say you're playing with a friend, and you want to capture the moment. Could you? :eek:

Press L&R at any time in game to snap a screenshot! Even with buddies.

Guys, regarding the thread, continue as usual. We all get on well. Let's help each other and keep the weird flirting away. Sorry. I really adore this experience.

I just added my name to the list, and... man. 221 people. I have a lot of people to add.

Can only add 100 on the 3DS friend code.

HawthorneKitty
I can no longer send you swap note so am I no longer in your friendlist?
If so I'll probs delete you later, unless you changed your friend code.

SeZMehK

Does anyone share a birthday with a AC neighbor?

I share mine with Mallary.

7vLwuGw.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Here's a quick IRC room I made:

That will link you to a browser based IRC app.

EDIT: email'd link

Marvie_3

Banned
I dont think there's a need for a chat room, it's pretty clear what's fine here and what strikes people as weird/unnecessary/creepy

for a while now we've been having conversations about the game just fine, before that we had sats and robin weirdly flirting or making double entendre and sats talking about having a pimp and whatever

I gather that's the stuff that's annoying people who don't feel included in this newly found "communtiy"

just gotta avoid that stuff, it's weird guys

I like this thread and all but I can't complain over some legit warnings
Exactly.

newsguy

So the last AC I played was on the Gamecube. Can I still have me and my wife play separate saves but leave each other things in our town like notes and gifts for the home? I don't own a 3DS, but I would like to just for this game. The bundled XL is ugly IMO, but it is a better deal.

Thanks guys! Happy to hear. :)

Speaking of birthdays, do you receive gifts on your birthday? :eek:

Here's what happens (my birthday was 2 months ago, I have a looong way to go :\)

Don't read if you don't want to get spoiled obviously, it might take the surprise away I guess.

Birthdays are celebrated more in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. When starting the game, the player will be greeted by Isabelle, who wishes them a happy birthday before starting.

Similar to City Folk, a random villager will be waiting outside the player's house. However, in New Leaf, they will proceed to invite the player to their house for a surprise. Their house will load shortly afterwards, revealing two other villagers and a large birthday cake in the center of the room. They will shout "Happy Birthday!" upon entering, while the villager who invited the player will wish them a happy year ahead of them. The player can then be controlled to walk up to the cake. When pressing "A" in front of it, the villagers will tell you to make a wish. The candles can then be blown out by blowing on the Nintendo 3DS, which will pick up the sound through the microphone.

Once blown out, the villagers will let off party poppers and begin clapping. The host villager will give the player a present and tell the player they are their best friend. Once the player leaves, the game will act normally.

My wife shares hers with Chevre
200px-Chevre.png

I guess I share mine with Peggy

Screen_shot_2012-12-17_at_6.19.51_PM.png

I loved taking screenshots in the ACCF game. We have so many interesting screenshots and I even saved them to my PC for later viewing. Excited to see that come back!

Post this every few pages or so.

Added -4/-5 timezone, no time traveler night owls. If anyone here adds back, thanks. :)

Cheebo
DanteRavenkin
dkeane
Elija2
Kenai
Lucent
Ndayday
Noreturn
Proven
Smashkirby
SparksterMeta0
spindashing :)
Tenumi
Threads
vagabondarts
Admiral Snackbar
almostheathen
beta_fuse
BooJoh
Brawl96
BroBuzz
bsej87
CrAzYLeGzLU
Darryl
DMPrince
DoctorWho
euphemism
Eyothrie
Firehead
gosox333
Gryph
GundamBanshee
jacob armitage
Marshall Lee
Metal Khaos
MetalGuardian
OneLetter
Rollo Larson
Sats
SmithnCo
Soulmate
Stoof
Vegivo

So the last AC I played was on the Gamecube. Can I still have me and my wife play separate saves but leave each other things in our town like notes and gifts for the home? I don't own a 3DS, but I would like to just for this game. The bundled XL is ugly IMO, but it is a better deal.

I couldn't find information on New Leaf about player-exchanged letters, but it's been the same throughout Wild World and City Folk, so I imagine you can do so in New Leaf as well. They did take out the ability to send letters to other towns, however.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I share my birthday with no one. :( Even worse it is like one of two days that don't have an allocated birthday for that month.

Here's what happens (my birthday was 2 months ago, I have a looong way to go :)

Don't read if you don't want to get spoiled obviously, it might take the surprise away I guess.

Thanks so much! :) I have a long way to go as well, since my birthday is in May. XP

But that's really awesome, and amazing. Why am I just finding out things about Animal Crossing, it really is such a unique game, that I wish it was in my life earlier.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I was hoping New Leaf would be called the Citizen Kane of gaming this month... little disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom