• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh if people with the skills are around I would love to see my avatar all leafed up!
Hmmm:

jbrls4recwa5pg2.png

If you want it placed somewhere else, do say. :)

No problem :) And it looks like you're not a lurker anymore. :p

Yes, I think it was mostly the challenged that got me. XD But I also do love the atmosphere in this thread as well. :)

Damn you. DAMN. YOU.

If you want, we can swap FC's? You seem pretty cool!

Yes, be angry! It feed into my desires. XP Although.. Maybe I should stop replying to you, because then you'll respond, which will add to your posts. Hah.

Aah. I actually don't have a 3DS right now. :( I-I seem pretty cool?! Somebody acknowledges me on GAF? T^T

Stoof

Yes, I think it was mostly the challenged that got me. XD But I also do love the atmosphere in this thread as well. :)

Yes, be angry! It feed into my desires. XP Although.. Maybe I should stop replying to you, because then you'll respond, which will add to your posts. Hah.

Aah. I actually don't have a 3DS right now. :( I-I seem pretty cool?! Somebody acknowledges me on GAF? T^T
Yeah, I mostly lurked before the AC thread too, It's so friendly here :) and yeah you are pretty cool. :p

SuperSah

Banned

It's a win win situation going on here, shush! ;3 And why no 3DS?! And yes, I acknowledge you. HAI.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Several moderators have received several reports from several different users about this thread.

Folks, this isn't rocket science.

A good OT should:
1) Not just be a chat room of the same five people replying to each other. If you want to start a chat room, please do. IRC is always available. irc.browsingtheinternet.com is a good network. You can start a channel there. You can invite whoever you want, you can have whatever rules you want.

2) Should be friendly to newcomers, because we've had some people mention that they don't feel like they can ask questions about the game without being stared down by people who are experts. So when someone comes in and asks a question, even a stupid one, please try to help them out and make them feel welcome.

3) Shouldn't make people feel creeped out.

It's insane that a game as friendly, welcoming, and open as Animal Crossing would generate so many issues with its threads. Obviously the last thread got several warnings before it was eventually locked. And then the mod who locked it got ranted at in PM over locking it. We don't have the time or desire to police these threads more closely, we like people being able to work out their own arrangement, but it needs to be inclusive.

As a result, if we get any further complaints about this thread, we are going to be unusually severe with the bans. Particularly on the creepy / sexy / whatever stuff that plagued the pre-release thread. If you want to flirt with each other, do it in private please.

Anyone who replies to this thread with sentiments about how the people who complained are to blame is first on the chopping block -- even if someone is being unreasonable in complaining, it's still important to try to accommodate people. You'd have to basically be sociopathic to respond to a problem like this with "Who cares what they want, this thread is MINE". We try to avoid that kind of logic.

I don't have any more warnings to give. No need for apologies if you feel you've run afoul of these guidelines, just please make this not happen again. Also, this isn't a debate about policy--these are the rules. You are welcome to start your own message board. GAF is an enormous message board with many posters. That means things run differently than in a small, more intimate, less formal board. We have to make sure that a wide variety of people are accommodated. Some people might find those limitations frustrating, and I mean this in the nicest way possible--it's a function of the size of the board, and if you want a smaller board, feel free to create one. Yuku is one free forum service.

Thanks!

Robin64

In the launch trailer, the guy wears outfits suitable for what he's doing. So, like, an archaelogist costume for fossil hunting. This is a great idea!

Yeah, I mostly lurked before the AC thread too, It's so friendly here :) and yeah you are pretty cool. :p

It is, it really is. I really do enjoy it all here, and hope to make some loving memories. :) Heh. Thanks Stoof. ^^ It feels nice to hear that. XP

AC is the safe haven from the console war, it's like a peaceful bubble mmh...

I can definitely agree with that! But I think I might gone for a few days, depending on reveals for E3. >.< But I will never just leave this place!

"You can call me anything". Spot on! It's a shame that we're still getting complaints, I certainly feel like the tone of the thread is much better than the last in terms of content suitability, "creepiness", etc. The members responsible for that have turned it down considerably.

It could definitely improve in terms of it turning into a basic chat thread, something I feel I may be guilty of at times. It's a testament to how popular the game is I think that its fans feel the need to converse about the game in even the least related way. For me it's a game I've been waiting just over three years for, so my excitement might forego my posting etiquette at times, which obviously it should not.

Kouriozan

I don't understand, we're nice and friendly, there isn't creepy stuff like the last thread.
But it's true that sometime it turn into a chat :/
I'm sorry if we're still creeping people.

SuperSah

Banned
I don't understand how some people are saying they can't ask questions, I been trying to answer many.

And we're all being extremely friendly...

Anyway, on topic, just 8 days left now! Or 4 for US. You guys are great.

Sleepy

I just got back from my local walmart after the website said it was in stock. They're know for sometimes putting games out on the wrong day.

I held it in my hands.

But he wouldn't sell it to me ;_;

I would have thrown $40 at him and run.

Philia

Yeah, it was a good read. Can't really think of questions, I wasn just going to dive in and do whatever the game allows me. But reading some strategies at forehand is usefull for a better experience.

Only AC game I ever played is Wild World on the DS and that is a long time a go now.

Thank you! :)

Yes I did pm you the change. Did you not get it? This thread moves fast

Okay, I'll fix it to Baxter for you. :3

I never played that series. Which series came first?

And of course I like fun.

Does this game have any kind of plot? I'm guessing it doesn't have an ending.

Harvest Moon is older, its a farming simulation. Animal Crossing is more akin of chibi lifestyle simulation with rich loads of content that can rivals Harvest Moon series. And no, there's usually no plot in either series. Its very easy pick up and go kind of game. Easy to get into. I must warn you though, its tedious "pruning" type of game if you don't invest your daily time (like a hour) well.

What exactly is this best friend list about btw?

Its a feature that got added to implement a chat system between players. Only up to 32 people can chat (instant message) with one another while together or apart online in game, hence best friends feature. Its also an alternative to inviting ALL of your friends to your town as well.

Thanks for the tips Philia!
Also is it just me or do the bananas look 3Dish?
u2lWxJF.png

LOL thanks, the bananas were my own editing actually. I got the rest from a website that probably had better high res images of them.

thanks for this! really!

I'm glad its helpful! :)

Whuuut we gotta think of best friends too?
But I haven't been in this thread that often like the last :'(

See my comment above about the best friend feature.

AC is the safe haven from the console war, it's like a peaceful bubble mmh...

Yeah pretty much. I don't like all the negativity in the Xbox 1 reveal so I just started coming into the previous AC threads and just posted a ton in there because everyone's so super friendly and lovable. :)

SmithnCo

I don't understand, we're nice and friendly, there isn't creepy stuff like the last thread.

I like to think we're friendly to newcomers too. But please be careful guys, don't want anyone to get banned.

pariah164

... We haven't done anything! What the heck? We are super friendly, too...

Back on the topic, can you plant perfect fruit for perfect trees? I can't remember.

Chopper

From the last time I checked my catalog, it doesn't give you an indication of how many of each there are, but it shows you a full list of everything you have/have had in the catalog. It shows the items you can't rebuy as "not for sale", but they still show up.

I'm still annoyed at myself as I think I sold two of the Nintendo letter items >_<
Just what I wanted to know. Thankyou.

Noaksey

Neo Member

I don't understand how some people are saying they can't ask questions, I been trying to answer many.

And we're all being extremely friendly...

Anyway, on topic, just 8 days left now! Or 4 for US. You guys are great.

ditto, I was new myself, i don't feel weird-ed out, plus all my question have been answered.

I hope we can help resolve the issues that those posters have, because we are all the same animal crossing lovers right?

It's a win win situation going on here, shush! ;3 And why no 3DS?! And yes, I acknowledge you. HAI.

Fiine, fine. I agree to such terms. :p Because I just haven't had time to get such a thing, plus i'm actually in a little financial thing going on for me at the moment. Well thanks piggy. My rival!

On with things! Can somebody tell me how the custom theme works in this game?

Mikor

Welp, that's the end of my participation here. Not risking a ban over this. Hopefully I'll catch you guys in-game, my FC's at the top of the spreadsheet, just shoot me a PM if you need me.

SuperSah

Banned
Fiine, fine. I agree to such terms. :p Because I just haven't had time to get such a thong, plus i'm actually in a little financial thing going on for me at the moment. Well thanks piggy. My rival!

On with things! Can somebody tell me how the custom theme works in this game?

Welcome! Trying to prevent being banned.

By custom themes do you mean patterns etc?

Yeah, I was going to take a break from posting when the game was released in NA anyway. I've had no bans on GAF as of yet and would like to keep it that way. I think I might make more Animal Crossing posters, it's entertaining me considerably more than replaying the DS/Wii/GC versions was.

Okay my draft list of 27/32 best friends for SC [based on interactions with you on GAF =)]:
Animekatt
BGBW
darklin0
Deadpandas
DeadRockstar
Emitan
FearMyWrench
Fezzan
FlynnCL
Ken
Kouriozan
Labrys
MasterBalls
MicH
Mikor
pariah164
Philia
Robin64
Roto13
SalsaShark
SmithnCo
spindashing
Stoof
SuperSah
suzu
YoshiRider123
ZAMtendo

Sorry if I missed some peeps, will need to play with you within game.
Spaces pending on some other peeps not from this AC thread, but anyway I'm at 99/100 friend (Philia's spot is saved =) ) so gonna check if anyone unfriended me T-T then I may have free spaces XD

Edit: Just turned a few pages back and saw some really creepy stuff regarding tom nook and pimps. Nevermind, yeah this thread is really creepy.
Wow I missed those posts =/, glad I did XD

The only thing I see wrong with this thread is that it can turn a little chatty and off topic... since the game isn't out yet and we can only talk about what is going to be in the game. I don't see how that is rude at all or anything, but since the mods don't like this thread and I don't want to be banned, I'm out. Just gonna lurk now.

Edit: Just turned a few pages back and saw some really creepy stuff regarding tom nook and pimps. Nevermind, yeah this thread is really creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom