• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

Let me know if you have took me off your list... lol.

Yeah, I wanna add a ton of people for the launch of the game but I don't like having a huge friends list so if anyone removes me I'd rather know so I can free up space!

I went back and pared down, actually… I'm thinking 100 Animal Crossing friends is too many to deal with.
Ah Nintnedo, you let people still think they're friends instead of letting them know the other person blocked them.

Yup, but if you're a guy and wear girls clothing, your running animation will mimic the female character.
That's a good detail.

PusherT

Is there an Economy system in the AC? I only have experience with Animal Crossing from Wild World. That game was really fun. Will new leaf have a flushed economy? Trading, visiting new world to trade markets that kind of stuff?

It's so great having the OT for our lovely little community

I'm going to READ THE HELL out of all the reviews tomorrow. I also just rented Bioshock Infinite, and still have a good deal of content left on Fire Emblem. I should be able to pass the time with relative ease

I kind of wish Club ROFLCOPTER was open from the outset though, I want to publicly rage with the Slidez as one of my first mayoral acts on move-in day

On a related note, is there a way to invite villagers to club with you?

zigg

inb4 8.5 from IGN
Actually… from http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/23/animal-crossing-new-leaf-has-taken-over-ign:

We’re IGN, and we have a problem. We’re undeniably addicted to Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Those of us who have the game can’t stop trading items, discussing bell-making strategies and showing off our awesome digs. Check out our tales of addiction below… and don’t let this happen to you.
Other games get one, so I don't see why not.
Might as well start it now with the Telegraph review in.

FrsDvl

My friend code is 1332-7711-7298. I haven't added anyone yet, but if anyone adds me, pm me your code and I will add you as well. I'll add myself to the list as well!

I read an incredibly poorly written "game review" from the Sun who gave this 7/10 and the gist of the review was: "These daily tasks shouldn't be fun but it is, and my 8 year old daughter is addicted to it as well"
o_O..this basically got a 200/300 word count where it took 1/3 of the page whilst there was an article that took 2/3 of the page of his opinions of what Microsoft should do to improve the Xbox One...
-_-

Got my submission in, all is set and now to play the waiting game...

In the meantime here's my FC for all to add me: 034492810588

Let me know so I can do the same

SuperSah

Banned
I read an incredibly poorly written "game review" from the Sun who gave this 7/10 and the gist of the review was: "These daily tasks shouldn't be fun but it is, and my 8 year old daughter is addicted to it as well"
o_O..this basically got a 200/300 word count where it took 1/3 of the page whilst there was an article that took 2/3 of the page of his opinions of what Microsoft should do to improve the Xbox One...
-_-

I saw that one. Ridiculous. It wasn't even a review of sorts. It was hastly slapped together. Awful "review".

mattchuuu

Neo Member
What are the social expectations or rather hopes for you guys?

I have only ever played the gamecube version, back on the gamecube. 4-5 years ago, I took advantage of the wii's gamecube and introduced it to my nieces and was shocked to find that though indeed everyone spent hours and hours taking turns playing it, it was in fact my 65 year old mom who was up until 6 in the morning chopping trees and planting new ones. She's never had a controller in her hand, other than the wiimote.

We had a lot of fun creating riddles, treasure/scavenger hunts, images, and letters. I used an animal crossing program to convert a photo of each of them into the AC world, and then they added it to their front door. Every time they opened their front door, they would see themselves in the game.

This is the stuff I'm really looking forward to. I don't know much about New Leaf at all.. I hope they have enhanced the ability to be creative.

Oh hey, I just added my FC and info to the list - I like that I'm still in the hundreds...haha.

I'll add you in a moment =D
FC: 1461 6184 8370
Seen you around most threads I've been in XD
Edit: Oh wait already friends lol
God Nintendo needs to update the friendlist with a sort option XD

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
Since Ruby and Nan have their very roots in AC, I figured it might be cool to talk about their quests. Is anyone here familiar with Ruby or Nan Quest? Ruby Quest is one of the best stories I've read in a long time, and it sort of paved the way for internet quests. Nan Quest is the second quest from Weaver, and its similar to Ruby Quest in quality and depth, but they're still fairly different. But absolute God-Tier in terms of story and easily one of the best things to come from /tg/.

If you haven't read it, and are interested, let me know, and I'll dig up some links. Its absolutely worth a read if you haven't yet. And also Ruby, Nan, and all of the characters in the stories are animals from ANimal Crossing. So its totally
(only slightly not)
on topic.

Marvie_3

Banned
Do you have a lot of downloaded games/apps? When I did the transfer, it took me only 30mins to an hour. I have the ambassador games too.

Only the ambassador games and a few others. I do enjoy the Pikmin animations though so the wait isn't completely awful. :lol

Mononoke

Banned
Ruh oh, Gamestop just charged me for the 3DS XL bundle. Not sure if I should be excited that this means it will ship on the release date (they claim they don't charge until they are ready to actually ship or have the product to fulfill the order) - or if I should be scared that they charged me, and my money/ 3DS XL will be in limbo for a while after release.

EDIT: Although, I have heard of companies charging your card to make sure you have the funds, then days later putting the funds back in. I think this is a shitty practice personally. But maybe this is just that. Hmmm.

Busaiku

Well, it'll probably be a bit before I get into this.
I imagine Newegg will get it to me during the middle of next week though.

SuperSah

Banned
Too excited!

My SD will be here tomorrow. It's Class 10, that's the fastest right?

I have no clue what to do to pass this wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom