• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
Don't just tease and leave it at that. Dig up those links!

I pulled it up to read myself, feeling very in the mood for some spooky animal themed adventure.

The link is here, but be warned, there are some pictures in the fan art section I believe, that fall under nsfw. I don't remember exactly where, so don't flip through the fan art if you don't want that. Also, starting on 4chan, it naturally has plenty of... 'suggestive' suggestions, but try to look past them, because this is one of the best stories I've read in a long time.
I am 100% not joking about possibly getting a Ruby/Nan half sleeve tattoo, I enjoy these so much.

Ndayday

Neo Member
I really hate how my hands get sweaty after minutes of use on my 3DS. It makes the circle pad hard to use...

Any tips guys?

You can't. At one point I started eating copious amounts of mandarin oranges to get the dry, non-sticky kind of juice that the peel has, in combination with a small cloth to dry my hands/clean the 3DS.

On second thought maybe the mandarins were just delicious.

Zebra

Wow, it's going to be $35 msrp? Is Nintendo abandoning the $40 price structure?

For a game with so much content and for as heavy of a localizing effort it must have required I would have thought for sure this was a $40 game.

pariah164

I play under a fan. Hands still get sweaty sometimes. I rinse them off, then wash them. Abated the issue for a good couple of hours. :3

Sleepy

So reading through the thread and I am getting a few things spoiled. I didn't know the mayor job was a mixup. Does this mean if you do a bad job the animals can vote you out and get the real mayor? Also, learning too much about items and shit. I may have to go into blackout soon.

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
You guys are all missing the mark. The answer is simple, and its what I learned the day I bought mine a year and a halfish ago.

Just cut off your hands. Bam! No more sweaty grip!

Sweaty 3DSes? We're heading down that route.

OH NO YOU DON'T. Halt, cease, and desist. Do not bring in innuendo. I feel it a little silly the last thread was locked for it, but I'll be damned if we get this one closed up before its even released here. Hush.

SmithnCo

So reading through the thread and I am getting a few things spoiled. I didn't know the mayor job was a mixup. Does this mean if you do a bad job the animals can vote you out and get the real mayor? Also, learning too much about items and shit. I may have to go into blackout soon.

Nah, AC never really puts that much pressure on you.

You guys are all missing the mark. The answer is simple, and its what I learned the day I bought mine a year and a halfish ago.

Just cut off your hands. Bam! No more sweaty grip!

OH NO YOU DON'T. Halt, cease, and desist. Do not bring in innuendo. I feel it a little silly the last thread was locked for it, but I'll be damned if we get this one closed up before its even released here. Hush.
I couldn't resist, I'm sorry. :lol

Anyhow, I really hope that this is the shortest work week ever. Next week will be too exciting.

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
/not amused with these answers

Be serious, guys. Come on.

Apologies. I generally just don't notice it. I wipe my hands off a bunch of times, then try to ignore it. I haven;t found a way to beat it yet, sorry man. Maybe try using some sort of terrycloth between you and the 3ds?

B00TE

Yeah, same here. But I'm not tempted; I'd rather have the cart, so I will wait and avoid this thread till I get it. It will be hard, but I will persevere!

The temptation would be way greater it didn't mean I'd have to delete Fire Emblem to make room. I love AC, but not enough to do that! Makes that choice easier for me.

Apparently the Target across the street from my gamestop may have it and they open at 8. I hope it's true, will be harassing them throughout the week till I know more. By that I mean giving 'em a call every other day or so.

SuperSah

Banned
It's probably because I have naturally oily hands and the original 3DS's backing is also prone to it.

I just use the middle of my thumb to control the circle pad.

Kokonoe

Banned
Exactly!
You do what you want and the game will never punish you.

nRdhTkR.png

pariah164

The temptation would be way greater it didn't mean I'd have to delete Fire Emblem to make room. I love AC, but not enough to do that! Makes that choice easier for me.

Apparently the Target across the street from my gamestop may have it and they open at 8. I hope it's true, will be harassing them throughout the week till I know more. By that I mean giving 'em a call every other day or so.

Ooh. I did that with Style Savvy. May do it again, lol. There's a Target in the same lot as my GameStop, so that's definitely an option. However, if I go and they don't have it, I don't want to drive back home, then back out there when GS opens.

Lucent

I really hate how my hands get sweaty after minutes of use on my 3DS. It makes the circle pad hard to use...

Any tips guys?

Maybe it's because of the material the OG 3DS is made of? I don't have that problem with the XL, but it's matte finish instead of glossy so that probably helps. Could always periodically wipe your hands off and/or have a fan blowing at your hands (as impractical as that seems it does help).

And I only need 5 more points to get Platinum status on Club Nintendo. Think I should be able to get that with my Oracle games but I'll def achieve it. Hopefully it's something decent this time. I got those transparent playing cards and they're too weird to really play with. I should've gotten the posters.

SuperSah

Banned
Maybe it's because of the material the OG 3DS is made of? I don't have that problem with the XL, but it's matte finish instead of glossy so that probably helps. Could always periodically wipe your hands off and/or have a fan blowing at your hands (as impractical as that seems it does help).

And I only need 5 more points to get Platinum status on Club Nintendo. Think I should be able to get that with my Oracle games but I'll def achieve it. Hopefully it's something decent this time. I got those transparent playing cards and they're too weird to really play with. I should've gotten the posters.

Yeah, probably just the OG 3DS I have..

Ah well.

B00TE

Ooh. I did that with Style Savvy. May do it again, lol. There's a Target in the same lot as my GameStop, so that's definitely an option. However, if I go and they don't have it, I don't want to drive back home, then back out there when GS opens.

Yeah that's what I'm planning around now. I'm not doing anything else Sunday, haha.

1upmuffin

Yeah, you gotta buy his building. Where you can befriend him to get him and his brother's pictures if you want.

That sounds a bit creepy actually, just befriending someone for their pictures...

Are these pictures you hang on a wall or put in some sort of picture scrapbook?

SmithnCo

That sounds a bit creepy actually, just befriending someone for their pictures...

Are these pictures you hang on a wall or put in some sort of picture scrapbook?

They're like little portraits that you can put on tables. You can get them for just about every character including villagers.

HOLY shit you guys.... Arcadia is the NEW HYRULE. We got ANOTHER ONE. Paging RaginRoss.

I propose a war between all Arcadias.

SuperSah

Banned
In all seriousness, a little talc (or baby powder) would go a long way.

Also, I never said cut off your arms, just your hands. Elbows are important to have!

Damn, I cut them off at the shoulder.. :/

I have a lot of Talc, so i'll give it a shot. Just sometimes my finger slides off my pad, real annoying.

1upmuffin

HOLY shit you guys.... Arcadia is the NEW HYRULE. We got ANOTHER ONE. Paging RaginRoss.

My original Animal Crossing town's name is even less original than either of those, it was Awesome. I gotta come up with something somewhat original for New Leaf to make up for it.

OneLetter

Damn, I cut them off at the shoulder.. :/

I have a lot of Talc, so i'll give it a shot. Just sometimes my finger slides off my pad, real annoying.

I'd also recommend cleaning your pad with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol (or soap and water) once in a while. The pads (similar to the 360/ps3 thumb sticks) can hold onto and build up some oily residue after a while. It's a good habit to clean them once in a while and remove the natural oil/sweat buildup.

Also, don't use a ton of talc, just a little bit goes a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom