• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
In far more natural and slower way. I don't think anyone will moan about how New Leaf handles grass wear.

Animal-Crossing-New-Leaf-Screenshot-13.jpg

I love the shiny looking ground.

Vexxan

100 visits to be able to redesign the train station sounds like an awful lot unless you got someone to spam visits with(I'm assuming it's not 100 unique visitors).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My LGttC town was was quite green when I went back to it, but I was aware of the problems and had flowers in place to combat a lot of the ware.

Of course when I went back all those flowers were dead. :(

darklin0

Banned
Wait, the clock becomes permanent when you activate it?

No, it was like an app thing. You had to activate it and your DSi basically became a clock. It had an alarm clock feature and some other stuff but it was just a clock.

I really wish they would implement themes onto the 3DS UI and stuff.

ZeroEdge

Damn it GAF I was already going to get this but my hype was contained, then I visit the OT and start reading the posts and now it's going to be hard to wait until Sunday! Thanks GAF for once again for getting me too hyped lol.

I seem to recall, in the original Animal Crossing, animals sometimes would "warn" you that they were thinking of moving out and you could try to appease them to stay by sending gifts etc. Maybe for this game, if an animal you didn't like anyway announced he or she was leaving, we could go to GAF saying, "Hey, I have Pecan ready to move out, if anyone wants her they can come to my village and see if she'll move into yours"? This way it'd be easier to get more villagers you actually want in your town!
That would be a good idea. I also believe you could make them rethink their decision of moving out, I seem to remember that (haven't played AC in so freaking long but I recall talking and giving stuff to Margie so she wouldn't leave), so that might work.

I'm still laughing at this 5mins later - bravo!

Starting to add as many people as I can to enjoy this game with [London, gmt]. Please add me if you get the chance ^^

3093-7083-0592
Added. :) GMT +1 (1435-4168-8789)

So they removed the grass wear in later games? That would really annoy me if this game did that as well.

Not removed, substantially improved. Look at the screenshot above with the natural path. Looks like actual grass wear this time and not, y'know, chemical burn.

Which reminds me, I hope in the Wii U version the graphics are good enough to have individual grass blades. They can add mowing as a mechanic!

StayDead

In this game a villager says to you that they'll be leaving at x date and you then get given an option to say don't go. As long as you speak to everyone every day, you shouldn't ever lose a villager you don't want to.

beta_fuse

Not removed, substantially improved. Look at the screenshot above with the natural path. Looks like actual grass wear this time and not, y'know, chemical burn.

Which reminds me, I hope in the Wii U version the graphics are good enough to have individual grass blades. They can add mowing as a mechanic!

That would be pretty sweet actually.

Danneee

Used the too many games promotion to get this for free. Kind of liked the DS game but for almost free I'm willing to give it another chance!

SodaBeam

Neo Member
That would be a good idea. I also believe you could make them rethink their decision of moving out, I seem to remember that (haven't played AC in so freaking long but I recall talking and giving stuff to Margie so she wouldn't leave), so that might work.

Added. :) GMT +1 (1435-4168-8789)

Yeah, I'm imagining GAF as a kind of huge villager trading place now, goading undesired animals from one village to the next, haha :p

I've also added you, I'm also GMT+1. 4038 - 6011 - 1358.

Tnetennba

In this game a villager says to you that they'll be leaving at x date and you then get given an option to say don't go. As long as you speak to everyone every day, you shouldn't ever lose a villager you don't want to.

Now I just need to somehow get Pudge to appear and then he can NEVER LEAVE.

SeZMehK

I was playing donkey Kong 3d. Just need to finish the Kong temples but I've been too hyped for new leaf to play dk3d lol.

ngower

Hey all, is $35 the best price available? I'm tempted to just pre-order through Amazon so I can have the game on its release, but I've also seen various price drops over the past few weeks and want to make sure I'm not throwing money away if there's something better out there.

Philia

Okay. First thing I do when I open up my town?

Name my character Philia, my town Destiny (Hope the Tales fans catch this reference... :3 ) and pick my layout to be either these...

jRSHPel.png
orhkQxW.png
FcHMAqE.png

if not available... RESET. Layout is a HUGE deal for me. You don't even KNOW. Source and explanation on layouts..., the reason? Rivers take up VALUABLE space that's could be useful for massive hybridization of flowers (WW's example) or a lovely orchard set up with a bunch of foreign fruit to sell for a lot of bells after a good amount of trading with friends.

Pick my face with "I don't remember, Moving, Not really" choices.

Pick my hair with Forest Town and Business/Fresh choices.

Go around and see what fruit I got.

Everyone starts with a native "Village" fruit, you don't have any other fruit on that list. You can get more by visiting. There's benefits to this because you can sell foreign fruit for more money or your native fruits for more money in a friends' town. Anyway, I thought it'd be helpful for everyone in the thread to assign your native fruit icon to your avatar to let people know which ones you got.

There's also Two Palm fruits, unfortunately bananas don't wash up on a beach like a coconut does, so its up there with the trade icons for that purpose.

There's also Island Fruits but they're completely available solo. So no need to try to get those in trading.

Then, I'll check out which neighbors I got.

Next I'll head to the shops and try to get one of the tools they're selling.

Fishing Rod or Bug Net or a Shovel. These are the money making tools you need immediately imho. Axe is to clear away trees you don't like in an area. I do wish I can remove rocks though.

I'll go around my town and check out the placement of my neighbors houses and shops and see if I can pick a very nice wide area for an orchard for all kinds of fruits I'll get from trading with other GAFfers. Ditto with a garden of flowers.

After that, I'll check with GAF and see if any of my friends had added me back :D and I'll go trading with them for their fruits.

I'd want to buy their tools but I imagine they'd already bought it or need it eventually. But yeah only then the next day we'll see if we got dupes that we don't need and that we can share with others.

After the bit of trading and the like, I'll see if I have enough bells to buy a nice set of outfit to match my preferred character or something. Philia wore a white robe with red sash and green embroidery. Its lovely but there's no QR right now that fits that. I'll have to mess with the design of similar ones out right now for a bit.

Depending on which tool(s) I got, the rest can happen.

After I get all that, I'll dig up every chicken scratch I find, pick up all the flowers to assign in a garden alcove somewhere. I'll go bug catching/fishing if the hours haven't passed for those specific ones or carry on for those which haven't.

Bug/Fishing can go for all day because there's still a LOT to get. After I get all of those (fossils, bugs, fish) I'll donate to the museum to make Blathers happy lmao.

I won't chop down my trees until I get all of the fruits I can get to assign to manually.

Dragoshi1

Wait, how many patterns/decals can we have in NL?

I remember Wild World only gave you like, 9 or so, as I remember wanting to transform my town into a boiling volcano with lava tiles and stone pathways, but the limited amount of patterns/decals sucked.

Proven

I played ToDr 4-player with friends. I constantly ticked off all my friends by calling Philia, Ophelia. If we were friends, I'd send you letters calling you Ophelia. I assume we can't be friends.

Philia

You're assigned a fruit icon? What does it do?

Everyone starts with a native fruit, you don't have any other fruit on that list. You can get more by visiting. There's benefits to this because you can sell foreign fruit for more money or your native fruits for more money in a friends' town. Anyway, I thought it'd be helpful for everyone in the thread to assign your native fruit icon to your avatar to let people know which ones you got.

Wait, how many patterns/decals can we have in NL?

I remember Wild World only gave you like, 9 or so, as I remember wanting to transform my town into a boiling volcano with lava tiles and stone pathways, but the limited amount of patterns/decals sucked.

10 per a character. Up to 40 if you include the other 3 characters in the same town you make.

beta_fuse

Everyone starts with a native fruit, you don't have any other fruit on that list. You can get more by visiting. There's benefits to this because you can sell foreign fruit for more money or your native fruits for more money in a friends' town. Anyway, I thought it'd be helpful for everyone in the thread to assign your native fruit icon to your avatar to let people know which ones you got.

Great idea :)

Ah, chemically burning grass and ugly ground-texture in City Folk... I didn't realize because I skipped that one entirely. I've had many years of pause from AC, so yeah, this one will really hit a spot.

Robin64

RaginRoss and Eyothrie, you guys have entered your friend codes incorrectly. Let me know what they should be and I'll fix them for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom