• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we still have to do jobs for Nook at some point... introducing yourself to everybody was such a pain, but I'll sort of miss it!

Well... Yes and no.
Most of the "tutorial" stuff is actually through Isabelle this time, in a different way than in the past. Basically, on the second day you need to start earning Mayor Points/Approval Rating in order to access the Mayor features. You earn these by doing many of the same things that Tom Nook would ask you do in the past. Like talking to the villagers and writing on the bulletin board. But also tasks like changing the town flag and watering flowers.

Well... Yes and no.
Most of the "tutorial" stuff is actually through Isabelle this time, in a different way than in the past. Basically, on the second day you need to start earning Mayor Points/Approval Rating in order to access the Mayor features. You earn these by doing many of the same things that Tom Nook would ask you do in the past. Like talking to the villagers and writing on the bulletin board. But also tasks like changing the town flag and watering flowers.

At least we won't be working under a patriarchal raccoon this time.

rouken

Oh just you wait.

Just.. you.. wait.

(Nintendo sprites for all!)

tumblr_mef88dZo5V1qh2nrho1_500.gif

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
There's a list of new features in the OP, but most prominently the "hook" of this one is that you are The Mayor of the town, meaning you can build community projects, and overall have more things to do. They've just added so many little additions, like being able to choose your town layout and where your house is, that it just all equals a much richer gaming experience.

In NL, 10.

Thanks for the info :)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Is it possible to "steal" villagers from another town?

Like giving them insane amounts of gifts.

zigg

Ugh, why am I still lying in bed at night thinking about whether I have to water healthy flowers or not to maximize my hybrid output? I can't keep this up for five days.

And I'm still wrestling with the concept of Beautiful Town. Feels like cheating…

Not sure. But it sure felt good to try. I "succeeded" once, but it was probably just random. :lol

I'm not sure exactly how it is in this version. But I recall that in Wild World and City Folk, if you talked to a villager a lot in a friend's town, there was a chance they would move over to your town later. They'd even say what town they came from when they moved in. People went North Korea on this too. NO TALKING TO MY VILLAGERS!!! DON'T MAKE THEM MOVE OUT!!!

And I'm still wrestling with the concept of Beautiful Town. Feels like cheating…

For non-wilting flowers? I can get that. This will sound silly to non-AC players but it's a fun chore watering all your flowers sometimes. :p

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure exactly how it is in this version. But I recall that in Wild World and City Folk, if you talked to a villager a lot in a friend's town, there was a chance they would move over to your town later. They'd even say what town they came from when they moved in. People went North Korea on this too. NO TALKING TO MY VILLAGERS!!! DON'T MAKE THEM MOVE OUT!!!

If someone's favourite villager somehow managed to move in my town, I can kinda imagine it being kinda awkward for them to visit. Heh.

Still, I find the whole concept of villagers moving to your friends town pretty amazing.

StayDead

From experience it seems if you speak to somones villager and they leave the other persons town, there's a chance they'll move to your town without needing to go through the camp process.

It happened with someone from here's villager and my town.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

For non-wilting flowers? I can get that. This will sound silly to non-AC players but it's a fun chore watering all your flowers sometimes. :p

I am an AC player, and I fucking hate watering flowers. I might actually try to make my city pretty with flowers this time BECAUSE of that feature.

addyb

Sorry ultra noob question here. I was wondering how the online worked for visiting each others towns? Do both people have to be online at the same time or whatever.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Just not 100% sure how it works.

I am an AC player, and I fucking hate watering flowers. I might actually try to make my city pretty with flowers this time BECAUSE of that feature.

A bit of a spoiler about watering flowers. View at your own risk!!!

The silver and gold watering cans have a watering radius or area of effect in this version. With the gold can, you can water multiple 9 (I'm not actually sure if it is 9) spaces around you at once.

Robin64

Sorry ultra noob question here. I was wondering how the online worked for visiting each others towns? Do both people have to be online at the same time or whatever.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Just not 100% sure how it works.

There are two systems to online, really.

One is the Dream Suite. The other person does not need to be online, but all you can do is VIEW their town.

The other is leaving your gates and entering theirs. The other person does need to be online but now you can interact completely with the town.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
I actually would choose Beautiful Town if it weren't for my crazily early sleeping times.

You can change ordinance any time for 20k Bells I heard, so it's not much bother anyway if I choose to regret it.

addyb

There are two systems to online, really.

One is the Dream Suite. The other person does not need to be online, but all you can do is VIEW their town.

The other is leaving your gates and entering theirs. The other person does need to be online but now you can interact completely with the town.

Thanks for the info.

daydream

Banned
Any word on the loading times and menu speed? I always felt the menus were a bit slow which at first is not a big deal, but after the umptieth time...

You EU folks are making me sad. With the amount of 3DS games I buy, I could easily qualify for that promotion. :(

Payback for the release date I guess

zigg

It's true! I would sorta feel like my most favorite activity was partially on autopilot. I also don't mind light weeding. I would definitely hit up BT if I was going to play less frequently though.

I'm also not really clear if frequent mass waterings lead to more hybrids or not. If they do, I guess I'd have to think hard about BT.

I Just had to Google this. I had no idea! Not cheating. Efficient. Shame you can't seem to mix them up.
Your citizens would revolt if you placed that many demands on them :)

SodaBeam

Neo Member
I seem to recall, in the original Animal Crossing, animals sometimes would "warn" you that they were thinking of moving out and you could try to appease them to stay by sending gifts etc. Maybe for this game, if an animal you didn't like anyway announced he or she was leaving, we could go to GAF saying, "Hey, I have Pecan ready to move out, if anyone wants her they can come to my village and see if she'll move into yours"? This way it'd be easier to get more villagers you actually want in your town!

Animekatt

You EU folks are making me sad. With the amount of 3DS games I buy, I could easily qualify for that promotion. :(

I'm starting to save my CN codes now. I don't want to be screwed over like the last time with the buy an XL and Luigi's Mansion, get a free game offer. I registered my XL when I got it for Christmas last year.

I'm hoping NoA does the "So many games" promo here. I'm ready.

Not exactly lol, I think for the past several years NoE have gotten tons of autonomy in comparison to NoA. And NoE is doing a great job =D

MoonGred

Tell me about it, worst part is that even though Australia is falls under NOE (I think), we don't have the deal, I pretty much got every game needed =(

Akira_83

Banned
any way to troll / grief in this game?

my friend and i are buying this day 1 to play online and visit eachothers towns, etc

i heard about running in that you can ruin flowers in someone elses town buy running over them all the time... any other tricks like that?

we enjoy messing with eachother but im new to the animal crossing games, he's not so im at a disadvantage here

thanks

any way to troll / grief in this game?

my friend and i are buying this day 1 to play online and visit eachothers towns, etc

i heard about running in that you can ruin flowers in someone elses town buy running over them all the time... any other tricks like that?

we enjoy messing with eachother but im new to the animal crossing games, he's not so im at a disadvantage here

thanks

Destroying trees, digging holes everywhere, digging up all their fossils etc, burying pitfall seeds, smack others with a net, ruin their flowers.

Which I don't think GAFfers will appreciate XD

Akira_83

Banned
Destroying trees, digging holes everywhere, digging up all their fossils etc, burying pitfall seeds, smack others with a net, ruin their flowers.

Which I don't think GAFfers will appreciate XD

i would never do it to some random though

just my friend

we always had so much fun in minecraft trying to destroy eachothers stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom