• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you enter eachothers towns when they are not online? so no way to protect my town from him?

oh boy this could get interesting

No, they need to wave you through. The towns aren't stored in the cloud or anything like that, they need to be online for you to visit.

Robin64

Except for the dream versions people can visit, which are stored in the cl-. No, I can't bring myself to use that fucking awful term.

But those are just view only, so totally safe from vandalism.

Nice incentive to upload your town to the servers each day, guys: You get 5000 bell free. That's 35,000 bell a week! Free!

ohlawd

Except for the dream versions people can visit, which are stored in the cl-. No, I can't bring myself to use that fucking awful term.

Nice incentive to upload your town to the servers each day, guys: You get 5000 bell free. That's 35,000 bell a week! Free!

This true? I can't tell if you're joking -_-

SuperSah

Banned

What what what. Explain. D:

darklin0

Banned

Did not know that, I will totally do that each night now.
Can you even imagine how many pages there are going to be between the 9th and 14th? ... actually we'll probably just be on OT2 by that point, lol.
But all of those sweet, sweet QR-codes you may miss! D:

When I went into work yesterday morning I had no hype. Then I decided to look at this thread since I had a slow afternoon. Now I have ALL THE HYPE.

I’m adding myself to the spreadsheet, but my FC is 0189 8040 6235 if anyone would like to add me. I'm particularly interested in playing with folks who 1) are in my time zone (EST) and 2) are also new to Animal Crossing. (I'm not technically new, but I haven't played since the GC and I intend to go in mostly blind for this game.)

Now, I know some people keep their friends list well curated, like a digital garden of up to 100 rare, expensive flowers. That’s good; it proves your impeccable taste. So, why should you pick me, perfect free, to be a part of your friends list? Why should you plant me in your garden? (stop the metaphor stop it now) Well, consider the following:
- I love checking out other people’s creativity (mainly because they are invariably much better at decorating than I am). Want to crow about your awesome house and give somebody a tour? I’m your guy!
- You see this fruit? This purely hypothetical fruit that I’m allegedly holding? Well, of course you don’t, since I don’t have the game yet. But once I do, this fruit will be real. Maybe it will be a fruit you don’t have. It can be yours, friend.
- I wish I could claim some sort of Swapnote artistic talent, but I can’t. Honesty is good.

OK, so it’s not a very compelling list. I tried my best. :( In any case, can't wait for this game.

Same >.<
Don't you dare tease us, US GAF, don't you dare!

You value time more than money... and I can respect that, but I personally would rather trade the free game for the extra week.

That said, I'll gladly rub Euro nose in my sweet town who's name is still in limbo, who's music I can't decide on, and in a town I hope has butt fruit.

Robin64

Let's see. The Dream Suite is
an unlockable Public Works.

Once built, you can enter a dream state where you can visit other players villages without them being online. You can choose to go to a random village or, if you know the dream code, a specific village. Even if that person's not a friend! So if some internet "celebs" put their codes out, you could go see their town.

People need to upload their town to the server for this to function, which is where the free 5000 bell a day for doing so acts as an incentive.

While in someone's dream town, you can't do anything to the town itself, but you can copy patterns that person has made.

Tagged just in case.

darklin0

Banned
When I went into work yesterday morning I had no hype. Then I decided to look at this thread since I had a slow afternoon. Now I have ALL THE HYPE.
Added, here is my FC: 5327 1267 3124
That said, I'll gladly rub Euro nose in my sweet town who's name is still in limbo, who's music I can't decide on, and in a town I hope has butt fruit.

No! Don't remind me of my lack of town tune! T-T

I guess I will get that too. My SO and I are going to play it heavily :D Is it possible to play online worldwide or only region (US, JP and EU)? Im from germany and would lvoe to get some new friends on my 3DS :)

Once built, you can enter a dream state where you can visit other players villages without them being online. You can choose to go to a random village or, if you know the dream code, a specific village. Even if that person's not a friend! So if some internet "celebs" put their codes out, you could go see their town.

People need to upload their town to the server for this to function, which is where the free 5000 bell a day for doing so acts as an incentive.

While in someone's dream town, you can't do anything to the town itself, but you can copy patterns that person has made.

Tagged just in case.

Hate someone's guts? Pop in their dream code and chop down all their trees without consequence!

Kouriozan

I guess I will get that too. My SO and I are going to play it heavily :D Is it possible to play online worldwide or only region (US, JP and EU)? Im from germany and would lvoe to get some new friends on my 3DS :)

Worlwide, you can participate in region specific event (like some JP holidays) and they are translated in your language too.

Robin64

It's.. so.. HIDEOUS!

tumblr_luf88mxZdO1qko1fmo1_500.jpg

Did this not get tested? I MEAN REALLY?!

Avixph

Tagged just in case.
That is awesome.

Kouriozan

That's what happened when you held the running button?

Grass is worn down according to the current season, and the player's speed when moving over the tile. All movement does damage, and running does the most. Grass is most vulnerable during the winter and most resilient during the spring and summer. Each time the town is loaded, grass is worn down once more.
The bolded part... :(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So is there any point buying the AC clock again? It would be awesome if it would be functioning despite not being in DSi mode.

SuperSah

Banned
Gaffers! My new SDHC has arrived.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on how to transfer all my data to the new SD for my 3DS before I totally screw it up? Thanks.

syoaran

You value time more than money... and I can respect that, but I personally would rather trade the free game for the extra week.

I'm still laughing at this 5mins later - bravo!

Starting to add as many people as I can to enjoy this game with [London, gmt]. Please add me if you get the chance ^^

3093-7083-0592

Gaffers! My new SDHC has arrived.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on how to transfer all my data to the new SD for my 3DS before I totally screw it up? Thanks.

Insert current memory card. Copy contents to somewhere. Insert new memory card, copy contents from somewhere to new card.

I'm sure if you've been using a computer for more then 30 seconds of your life you've got this ;)

SuperSah

Banned
Insert current memory card. Copy contents to somewhere. Insert new memory card, copy contents from somewhere to new card.

I'm sure if you've been using a computer for more then 30 seconds of your life you've got this ;)

Oh. Sounds dead simple. lol.

I'll do it now. Thanks!

... I think the ground looks good.

This, I personally didn't realize something was wrong till about the 3rd person commented on it. I figured there was something wrong with Cube's shirt...

That said, if that was a picture in spring or summer it'd look pretty bad.

Robin64

I've never played City Folk, but I thought the grass wear would leave, I don't know, neat-looking paths around your town? Does something like this

even happen if you didn't run across every square centimetre of your village everyday?

It starts off leaving paths, which seems neat at first. But then thanks to the "loading a town wears grass down a small amount" it soon begins to spread out from your paths to areas you've never even touched. And it really doesn't take long at all.

It starts off leaving paths, which seems neat at first. But then thanks to the "loading a town wears grass down a small amount" it soon begins to spread out from your paths to areas you've never even touched. And it really doesn't take long at all.

Does it do this on NL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom