• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Boat

tumblr_mon5suTpd91spc5nfo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mon5uoqqyC1spc5nfo1_400.jpg

Because he kept saying "grrr..." I decided to make him say "I'm a bear" instead.

The comedy value hasn't dwindled yet. He's like my special little brother.
Mike Birbiglia reference?

Koomaster

QR machine unlocked for me this morning! \(^___^)/

Decided to make a shirt honoring everyone's hero, the humble Sea Bass...
tumblr_mon65ywZeb1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Back, Left Sleeve, Right Sleeve

You know them, you love them, they are all over the oceans spreading love and joy.
Now show how much you appreciate the lovable sea bass with your very own shirt today!!!

Coquette

Okay so the matching tour is kind of hard.

"Ooh a Kiwi stool, I know where the other one is!"

::watches someone else dig up the other one and run to where I just grabbed the first one::

Excellent!

beta_fuse

What??? I don't want Static to leave :\

plus these are morning prices so they'll change at noon. I'll be home in the evening so sorry uwu

MOTHERFUCKER NO

I love Snake, Bob, Fauna, and Chrissy!!!

I had a neighbor tell me she was leaving when I played yesterday and she gave me an option to make her stay or leave. Since I didn't like her I said leave but the option to keep her was still there so I wouldn't be too worried.

these ho's aint bout my graveyard shift life, so thats not gonna happen for like a month
some ol' bullshit here son
Your best bet is enacting dat Night Owl ordinance so that they would be open a little bit later.

You can generally tell them to stay and they will. Don't worry about it.
It's still heartbreaking to see their house filled with cardboard boxes, though.

I had a neighbor tell me she was leaving when I played yesterday and she gave me an option to make her stay or leave. Since I didn't like her I said leave but the option to keep her was still there so I wouldn't be too worried.
Yeah, I hope none of my favorites ever leave.

I actually tried removing one of my villagers purposely but then I felt bad and asked her to stay.

I ain't built for that rude behavior. :(

sugarless

I found a Japanese site that lets you upload an image and has some nice tools for converting it into a template grid design, complete with numbered colours and in-game palette matching. It's probably been mentioned in this thread or an older one. Anyway, I got in touch with the developer to offer to translate the tool into English for the enjoyment of the now-worldwide ACNL community. He gracefully accepted my proposal and implemented an English version of the site.

It's found here:

http://app.nanoch.jp/tobimy/

With some tweaking you can get some pretty nice results. One great feature is that it shows you numbers from 1-15 matching the palette colours you'll use for your image, but also it shows where to find those colours in the paint colour choose. It also has support for every Pro design grid size, such as sleeves or face cut-out boards, and can also output your image across up to 9 panels for a multi-panel design that can be placed on the ground.

Hope you all enjoy it!

SuperSah

Banned
She gave me the ugly kiddie carpet too! Why is it so hard to get new wallpapers and carpets in this game?

Also I still have the shower cap in my town. Did you get it?

Yup got it!

Duplication, eh? Shame the Metroid vanished. Really wanted that. l0l.

I found a Japanese site that lets you upload an image and has some nice tools for converting it into a template grid design, complete with numbered colours and in-game palette matching. It's probably been mentioned in this thread or an older one. Anyway, I got in touch with the developer to offer to translate the tool into English for the enjoyment of the now-worldwide ACNL community. He gracefully accepted my proposal and implemented an English version of the site.

It's found here:

http://app.nanoch.jp/tobimy/

With some tweaking you can get some pretty nice results. One great feature is that it shows you numbers from 1-15 matching the palette colours you'll use for your image, but also it shows where to find those colours in the paint colour choose. It also has support for every Pro design grid size, such as sleeves or face cut-out boards, and can also output your image across up to 9 panels for a multi-panel design that can be placed on the ground.

Hope you all enjoy it!

Whoah! I've been using the Japanese version of this!
Thanks for contacting him. Now I can explore and do more than the default 32x32 patterns.

Linius

Okay so the matching tour is kind of hard.

"Ooh a Kiwi stool, I know where the other one is!"

::watches someone else dig up the other one and run to where I just grabbed the first one::

Excellent!

Haha, that was some shit indeed :lol

Nice how we bought caught a fish while the tour was over btw :p

UberTag

You want damn frustrating? My daughter and I actually went to BB, stood right by the sign that said we should be able to connect here, and got a variety of error messages when we attempted to connect.

I thought about trying to get someone to help out, but I expected it'd be pointless, and we were kinda in a hurry anyway.
I went through this song and dance yesterday.

Tried downloading the clock in the parking lot. No luck.
Directly outside of the store. No luck.
In the actual aisle with the Nintendo 3DS display. No luck.

This DESPITE the fact that I was able to detect and connect to Nintendo Zone proper through most of these locations.

It wasn't until trying again at the returns desk towards the front of the store that I was actually able to get it to download.

So the lesson here is this... Best Buy downloads are going to be wonky and it's going to be trial and error at different parts of the store as to whether you'll be able to download successfully or not.

But persistence will pay off... especially if you're able to connect to Nintendo Zone from the main 3DS menu without issue.

tumblr_mon5suTpd91spc5nfo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mon5uoqqyC1spc5nfo1_400.jpg

Because he kept saying "grrr..." I decided to make him say "I'm a bear" instead.

The comedy value hasn't dwindled yet. He's like my special little brother.
I made my resident loaner eagle, Celia, proclaim "I have landed" as her greeting.

Sable decided she liked me well enough so I got to scan and wear an Isabelle dress. Not sure how she feels about this.

tumblr_mon704tVEU1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

I also got to visit my first Dream Suite town. It was actually a little surreal. I chose a random town from the Japan list and this girl's town was fun to explore. She gems all over the ground as decoration and the main room of her house looked like a dessert café. Even the chocolate fountain on the left worked.

The dream version of her greeted me but I don't speak Japanese so I'm not sure what she said. It's going to be interesting exploring all of these random towns.

tumblr_mon6v34EhE1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

Coquette

Haha, that was some shit indeed :lol

Nice how we bought caught a fish while the tour was over btw :p

The crazy thing was that I grabbed the shave-ice machine because I knew where the other was...then I watched you pick it up. So I dropped it for the Kiwi stool and then I watched you do the same thing. :p

I'm bad at fishing apparently. I caught like 2 fish. :lol

Linius

The crazy thing was that I grabbed the shave-ice machine because I knew where the other was...then I watched you pick it up. So I dropped it for the Kiwi stool and then I watched you do the same thing. :p

I'm bad at fishing apparently. I caught like 2 fish. :lol

Fishing is sometimes hard because there are no fish to catch :/

But other than that it's a fun mini game.

Welp, Bianca told me she wanted to move out of my town today. Good riddance. I'm gonna build a police station where her house is!

Not sure how it works, but like I've mentioned before, if anyone wants her they can have her!

zroid

Banned
Tried downloading the clock in the parking lot. No luck.
Directly outside of the store. No luck.
In the actual aisle with the Nintendo 3DS display. No luck.

Haha, literally the same process I went through. :(

However I was less persistent and simply attempted to do it at home after my repeated failures. And it worked instantly.

Linius

Got orange cosmos and orange pansies from my hybrid flower breeding :D

And aecrhis got me some pink roses. I'm heading somewhere with my flower garden.

I have Annalise in my town, I visited somebody else and the next day they had her moving in.
In the same way I visited somebody and spoke to Zell, now today in my town I have Zell moving in.

Anybody know how this works? I assume neighbours are random but the chances increase for anybody else you've met?

decaf

what are the rules to tree growing? my stuff is dying

I believe the safest bet is:

XXX
XOX nothing in X spots
XXX

XXXXX
XOXOX
XXXXX

This might work, haven't tested thoroughly:

/ X \
XOX (slashes meaning corners where you can't dig)
XXX

I believe there are other rules for planting nearby buildings and stones too, but thta should be right. I'd really like backup or to know if I'm incorrect though.

Linius

Amazing. I just talked to Simon and he wanted some fruit so I gave him a pear. He got me his shaved icemaker in return :p

Thank you for having me over Linius. I didn't bring anything but I helped out your bench fund some. :)

Oooh, thanks! I hadn't noticed. No need to gift me for hanging out :p

I'm glad to have some more medals. I want that bed the next time Gram sells it.

Coquette

Amazing. I just talked to Simon and he wanted some fruit so I gave him a pear. He got me his shaved icemaker in return :p

Oooh, thanks! I hadn't noticed. No need to gift me for hanging out :p

I'm glad to have some more medals. I want that bed the next time Gram sells it.

HAHAHAHA! That damn shaved ice machine. :p

And what bed??

So I bought a painting from Redd last week. Discovered this morning it was fake.

Redd shows up in my town today and has the same painting but this time it's legit.

Not bad.

ALM5252

Has anybody done any Island tours and taken the fruits from the islands?

I've done that repetitively and got mangos, oranges, durians, lemons, and lychees so far.
I have no one to play and trade with other than my girlfriend, but we BOTH got Apples as our fruit.

Also, if you time jump in the same day from am - pm, you find more fossils and money rocks. I did this yesterday when it was raining just so I can find tons of gyroids. I never time skip to a new day, just the same one switching between am and pm.

Guess I'm cheating myself though.... :(

Linius

Kicks is still under construction, but I got the QR machine so all's well in my town today.

tumblr_mon8erclWz1sukkejo1_400.jpg

How long did it took to get the QR machine? I noticed her recognizing me today for the first time. Feels like I'm making progress :p

Ooooh I hadn't seen any of the Cabana stuff yet. :O

Grams has one big piece of furniture changing every day. Amongst these items are the cabana things. But having to pay in medals is a bit of pain since they take some time to get.

Has anybody done any Island tours and taken the fruits from the islands?

I've done that repetitively and got mangos, oranges, durians, lemons, and lychees so far.
I have no one to play and trade with other than my girlfriend, but we BOTH got Apples as our fruit.

Also, if you time jump in the same day from am - pm, you find more fossils and money rocks. I did this yesterday when it was raining just so I can find tons of gyroids. I never time skip to a new day, just the same one switching between am and pm.

Guess I'm cheating myself though.... :(
Time traveling takes out too much fun out of AC, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom