• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decisions, decisions. Do I sell both the Saw Shark and Shark that I just caught or do I donate them to the museum...

It'd be really handy to pay off that initial 30k mortgage.

I'm pretty sure it's:
GTGTGTG, etc.
G being grass and T being tree.
Don't fortget that if you're building a grove, there's one specific configuration that lets you make as packed a grouping as you can without trees dying due to the (8 trees in any 7x7 square) rule:
Code:
T-T-T-T
-------
-T-T-T-
-------
T-T-T-T
Basically, just stagger every other row by 1.

2nd day, 50% of fishes. I know it's june and my feng shui is good, but this game feels "easier" than before. I'm ok with this though.

I'm in love with the campsite.
I've got Clay, a Dogu Hamster there right now who said he'll move in!
But what's really neat is how much stuff I'm getting from him.

He plays games with you if you talk to him a whole lot. So far I've seen the following.

• A game where I guess which fruit he ate. 3/3 right he gives me an item for free. 2/3 and 1/3 the item is cheap. 0/3 it is retail cost.
  • A game where he lists off five items. Pass on one to see the next. If you get to the fifth you have to buy it.
  • A game where I guess which food he wants to eat. He buys an item in my inventory if I guess right.

I've got a bunch of stuff for my catalog this way and I can't wait to see the games other villagers with different personalities come up with.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
iJflmiFfTUymk.JPG

Poor Timbra lol was there anyway I could have helped her with the fleas?
iT1H69PG7sj3s.JPG

I'm going to enjoy these songs.
ipRgvivG1Oz76.JPG

Are the two trees behind my characters too close?

Labrys

Don't fortget that if you're building a grove, there's one specific configuration that lets you make as packed a grouping as you can without trees dying due to the (8 trees in any 7x7 square) rule:
Code:
T-T-T-T
-------
-T-T-T-
-------
T-T-T-T

Oh, good to know! I'm gonna make a grove eventually, once I get everything planned out.

Danneee

Started kind of late today and have mostly been fishing. Can't figure out the timing for catching the sharks though, only by luck have I cought three of them.
It's easy to make at least 3-4k with every trip to the beach, and I donate the first of every type.
What to do with all the garbage you catch?

GAMERG0D

So I've been diving for the last creature to possibly get at this time of year when all of a sudden Pascal comes out of nowhere and gives me a Helm.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Decisions, decisions. Do I sell both the Saw Shark and Shark that I just caught or do I donate them to the museum...

It'd be really handy to pay off that initial 30k mortgage.
Donate. That initial debt can easily be paid from fruit and common fish alone.

You did this without the island? O_O

Played 32 hours since Midnight of thursday, most of that time fishing :).

In AC games i generally spend the first week getting the foundations in place; building house up as quick as possible, and saving some money, getting fruit tree's sorted, before the fun really starts :)

Providing you just target sharks and fish with a mid-sized shadow you will racking the bells in no time.

Vibranium

Banned
New OT eh? Geez we move quickly, don't we.

Anyways I'm having trouble finding people who want to hang out on the island (both mine and there's) so anyone who needs more people to have a good time can add me at any time, I sent out PM's to the people posting pictures of their island adventures.

0877-0242-0076

Tnetennba

Every villager seems to be using Bangle's catchphrase. It's spreading like a plague of growf.

Mission "Kick Out Phil" continues. I want to make sure he spends most of his waking hours in some sort of misery. I need to teach that waste of oxygen not to build his house right below mine and the punishment shall be severe.

Busaiku

Code:
T-T-T-T
-------
-T-T-T-
-------
T-T-T-T

Thanks for the tip.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Ditch all flowers. Cut down all trees that are not palms. Cut down all palms along the bottom of the island where the beetles see you before you see them.

Done. Now just go in circles or figure-eights at night for easy beetles.

With the tours you can find more flowers and fruit to plant if you ever want to make the island a tropical paradise instead of a beetle-infested money-making wasteland again.
Is there any reason to cut down the non-palm trees? What's special about palm trees?

Got my first piece of custom gem furniture!
I'll totally buy any Blue Series furniture or Sapphires off of you guys. I want this set complete!

tumblr_moiaqmjivI1sukkejo1_400.jpg

Is there any reason to cut down the non-palm trees? What's special about palm trees?

Cut the non-palms down so cheap beetles and stuff don't waste your spawns.
Palm trees are the only kind which spawns the valuable beetles.

That feeling when you sell 2 sharks and a coelacanth for less than 1,000 bells each because you only got 1 out of 3 correct in a 50/50 guessing game...

EDIT: And 3 red snappers...

Vibranium

Banned
Now that I finally got the hero mask I'm trying to custom design a Winter Soldier outfit so I can make my guy look exactly like Bucky...not going well since I suck at art :(

I need more bells, I'm poor compared to so many people here haha and I just am pure awful at arranging furniture in my house, never got that thing.

Chopper

Code:
T-T-T-T
-------
-T-T-T-
-------
T-T-T-T
I don't understand what you're saying. Why wouldn't you put 4 trees in that middle row?

Now that I finally got the hero mask I'm trying to custom design a Winter Soldier outfit so I can make my guy look exactly like Bucky...not going well since I suck at art :(

I need more bells, I'm poor compared to so many people here haha and I just am pure awful at arranging furniture in my house, never got that thing.

Winter Soldier? OMG awesome idea! I want to see it when it's complete!

zroid

Banned
I don't understand what you're saying. Why wouldn't you put 4 trees in that middle row?

apparently that causes one of the trees to die due to being too densely packed

learned this the hard way when I tried to plant 9 trees in a 5x5 square the other day

Vibranium

Banned
Winter Soldier? OMG awesome idea! I want to see it when it's complete!

Thanks man, you're a fan too eh? Remember to pick up the book when it gets relaunched, I'm not having it cancelled for a second time :D

The arm is easy enough (going with Jason Latour/Nick Klein design rather than Russian Red Star or Brubaker "hero" symbol) but making the material of outfit is tough lol.

Would doing something like this work for a tree fruit garden?

Code:
T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T
-------------------------
-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-
or would i need to go
Code:
-T-T---T-T---T-T---T-T---

I came into the campsite with 2 sharks, a coelacanth, 6 red snappers, a barred knifejaw, and a couple of seahorses.

I left with several pieces of furniture from that were forced upon me from the 5 Guesses game.

And I broke even because none of the expensive fish were sold at a high price.

-________-

I'm saving next time I attempt this. This is dumb.

Thanks man, you're a fan too eh? Remember to pick up the book when it gets relaunched, I'm not having it cancelled for a second time :D

The arm is easy enough (going with Jason Latour/Nick Klein design rather than Russian Red Star or Brubaker "hero" symbol) but making the material of outfit is tough lol.

The arm is the best part. My brother's got a tattoo resembling his star, lol.

Would doing something like this work for a tree fruit garden?

Code:
or would i need to go
Code:
The first one. I just kept it small to fit in the post :)

Horizontal lines are fine, you can go as far as you want. Just remember to stagger.

Velcro Fly

I honestly just fish up everything. Donate stuff to the museum the first time I get it and sell it the rest of the time. Probably going to have enough bells to pay off my house for the next couple days at least. Can't wait to open up the island.

Operation Remove Winnie has begun. I hit her with the bug net a good 15 or so times, and posted a passive-aggressive message on the town bulletin board.

I also released a mosquito on her, but she feigned nonchalance.

Re-tail put a premium on 30,000 bell premium on ordinary sharks today, so I spent the evening farming them. I have 700,000 bells in savings now. Its only my second day as well.

This happened in Wild World as well, the I struck gold on the stalk market and boom, 1 million bells.

I think this can be called a success.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I honestly just fish up everything. Donate stuff to the museum the first time I get it and sell it the rest of the time. Probably going to have enough bells to pay off my house for the next couple days at least. Can't wait to open up the island.

I fish everything but if I'm walking back to re-tail and see another fish shadow I'll fish it up even if I've got a full inventory. I've got a quick checklist of worthless fish so I know which to replace.

one_kill

New OT eh? Geez we move quickly, don't we.

Anyways I'm having trouble finding people who want to hang out on the island (both mine and there's) so anyone who needs more people to have a good time can add me at any time, I sent out PM's to the people posting pictures of their island adventures.

0877-0242-0076
Add me! I love the island :D

Here's my FC:
It's 0103 9712 686

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom