• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crumbtiny

Out running errands today and stopped by Best Buy just to get the clock.

I am 30 years old, what has this game done to me?

BM6buPACQAEjO8W.jpg

ohlawd

So if you get the digital version of the game after getting the physical version, there's apparently no way to copy the town over, so you have to start over.

I'm only in day 3 of the game, so wouldn't be that big a loss. So now the question is do I pay the $10 or so to go digital and start over, but have a copy of the game in the system at all times, or do I keep going as is. Decisions decisions...

Say what?

I played the retail copy of my game on Sunday since my poptart wouldn't ship until Monday.

Use the Save Data Transfer Tool; download it from the eShop and it's free.

I did that. No problems whatsoever.

chunk3rvd

Picked this up on Friday (UK) and loving it so far. Hoping to get a few US friends as I'll do most of my playing between 11PM and 2AM GMT and the shop is always closed at the moment. Also want some people I can enjoy island fun with as Tortimer told me the boat will start coming tomorrow :)

Feel free to add me, US or not, on 2578-3285-5713 then PM me your code and I'll add you. Native fruit is apples so if you need some let me know and I'll let you in or bring a few over with me

More progress:

Shark - 950 bells
Seahorse - 500 bells
Hammerhead Shark - 36,000 bells (FINALLY 3 for 3)

EDIT: Betting my coelacanth now. If I fail this, I'm resetting.

daakusedo

Ah the island is multiplayer, I'll need to come to this in a few days when everything really start to shape up. Enjoy staying at museum forever goddamned tarentula.

It's nice to actually see people on my 3DS Friends List for a change!

Likewise, if anyone wants to come to my shambles of a town my FC is 5370-1048-0667

Happy gaming GAF!

Any tips on catching sharks? The buggers keep getting away and I'm quite good when catching fish... Is it just that low a success rate?

ohlawd

Any tips on catching sharks? The buggers keep getting away and I'm quite good when catching fish... Is it just that low a success rate?

Depends on your reaction time.

Close your eyes and just listen to the sound of your hook going down. Hit A as fast as you can when you do.

Coquette

Gotta be quick on the draw for them. When you see a shark, instead of watching for the bobber to go down, turn your volume way up and listen for the sploosh instead. Don't watch, just listen. Seems to help.

What is this game you are playing?

I'm talking to some guy who's in the campsite. After inviting him to live in town, he started to play all these games with me. There are three of them:

Which One Is It? - You guess left or right and if you do well (at least 2 out of 3), you sell an item at 4x-5x its sell value.

Five Chances - You go through a list of items, and stop when he chooses the one you want. If you get to the fifth item, you are forced to buy it.

Price Fixer - You guess a number from 1 to 8 and, depending on how close you are to the number he picked, you get an item that can be heavily discounted or cost a lot.

I keep playing the first one to sell stuff at huge prices, but luck has been fickle with me today.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Anyone fancy a trip to their island?

Can't get this to work.
I don't know how you want your flag to look so this is just the source of your avatar with a red background.

However producing the design with my own method in Photoshop resulted in this:
chopper2.png

Unfortunately it's not as easy to copy. If you have the ability to change the colour table of an image, it makes it much easier to separate similar tones when copying.

Coquette

I'm talking to some guy who's in the campsite. After inviting him to live in town, he started to play all these games with me. There are three of them:

Which One Is It? - You guess left or right and if you do well (at least 2 out of 3), you sell an item at 4x-5x its sell value.

5 Guesses - You go through a list of items, and stop when he chooses the one you want. If you get to the fifth item, you are forced to buy it.

Price Fixer - You guess a number from 1 to 8 and, depending on how close you are to the number he picked, you get an item that can be heavily discounted or cost a lot.

I keep playing the first one to sell stuff at huge prices, but luck has been fickle with me today.

Well Flip can take the bridge he wants built (WTF? I *just* built a bridge anyways!) and stuff it. I'm building a campsite next!

Koren

I don't think there's a "success rate", but rather different times to press the button. I've only missed a shark twice out of something like fifteen tries.

I find it easier to use the sound than the image, though.

Meia

Say what?

I played the retail copy of my game on Sunday since my poptart wouldn't ship until Monday.

Use the Save Data Transfer Tool; download it from the eShop and it's free.

I did that. No problems whatsoever.

Oh good, so had wrong info. That makes the decision easier once I find a good memory card. :p

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Five Chances - You go through a list of items, and stop when he chooses the one you want. If you get to the fifth item, you are forced to buy it.

Oh god, I just convinced this ugly frog to move in. This is horrible.

The Lamp

Before I set up my game for online play with you guys, I want to wipe my 3DS clean since it was a used 3DS and it has some other dude's profile/FC on it.

Can anyone confirm if wiping a 3DS clean removes the ambassador status? How do I get a new system friend code without doing that?

Can't wait to join you guys :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I had been doing the i.nintendo.net thing but someone mentioned Minus and I just popped my SD card out and into my Mac and that was loads faster!
But that requires you to shut the system down. i.nintendo.net can be done while just pausing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom